Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Worse than Hammerpoint (WarZ)? Or Aventurine (Darkfall)? I don't think so mister.
    Aventurine and Funcom.. ...

Gearbox has made the mistake of messing with some games that had too much expected from them and had too many people screw with them beforehand. Instead of just walking away they tried to make it work and it ended up biting them in the ass, we have all done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Agreed the demo and what actually came out is different due to the demo being played on a PC
    It had nothing to do with it being played on the PC if that demo was even played on the PC.

With games that have came out on both the ps3/xbox 360 that looked awesome it was not a hardware problem Crysis 3 proves this.

ACM's full game looks the same on both PC and Console no difference at all.

What they did was make a demo look awesome to sell the game because they knew the game would be shit.

I will want to be really really clear on this hardware had nothing to do with how it looked in the game. it was a lazy game company milking a title that should have been finished 2+ years ago since they have had it since around 07.

Gearbox should not have payed another company to make the game for them.

If I payed another person to do the homework I got from school its cheating and good chance your going to get cough mite as well do it yourself and also not worth risking them doing shitty work and effecting your grade.

Gearbox dropped the ball hard on this and me personally they dropped the ball hard on BL2 cause to me all it is is a reskin BL1 there is little difference in the 2. The only main different is the UI setup but that is a different topic for a different day.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude View Post
    who cares? aliens sucked?
    This is your opinion not a fact.

There is fans who fallow the Alien Series and dose not like it when someone ruins/shits on it.

Just like any other fans of any other series.

Edit: People need to really look up why people are pissed about ACM and not just base it on the title of this thread there is more to it then a crappy game was made.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 03:03 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also skeptical about them mishandling Sega's money. I've yet to see any actual proof of that.

The game itself was terrible, but that's nothing new considering how much it was passed around and a mediocre franchise for games at best. That said, there isn't really any excuse for the demo being that different. That's inexcusable to me, but that doesn't instantly make the other claims against gearbox true.

Jtbrig7390: I wouldn't use Crysis 3 on console as an example of multiplatform games looking good. >.> Crysis 3 on console looks better than the average console game, but it's comparable to low settings in the PC version. Though that's not the reason why the demo and the released version of ACM look so different. While some of it has to do with lighting effects, the general layout of some of the rooms in the demo are vastly different from the rooms in the released version. Also the release version appears to have eye level rails tacked on in certain areas to prevent the player from seeing how ugly the scenery is. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    -snip-
    ok ill use other games like witcher 2 skyrim and many more. my point is there would not be that huge of a graphic difference for such a B-rated title. "Not saying the games I said are b-rated titles"

It has also been showed that the release version of ACM on PC looks no different on PC with max settings then console. As a matter of a fact some settings make the game worse on PC at max then console.

all they did was polish a tud to make sure it sells and it worked and now that everyone has seen this there is a backlash from it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 03:16 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Changed the title to be more appropriate for the discussion (and seeing as OP provides no actual citations for the statement).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It had nothing to do with it being played on the PC if that demo was even played on the PC.

With games that have came out on both the ps3/xbox 360 that looked awesome it was not a hardware problem Crysis 3 proves this.

ACM's full game looks the same on both PC and Console no difference at all.

What they did was make a demo look awesome to sell the game because they knew the game would be shit.

I will want to be really really clear on this hardware had nothing to do with how it looked in the game. it was a lazy game company milking a title that should have been finished 2+ years ago since they have had it since around 07.

Gearbox should not have payed another company to make the game for them.

If I payed another person to do the homework I got from school its cheating and good chance your going to get cough mite as well do it yourself and also not worth risking them doing shitty work and effecting your grade.

Gearbox dropped the ball hard on this and me personally they dropped the ball hard on BL2 cause to me all it is is a reskin BL1 there is little difference in the 2. The only main different is the UI setup but that is a different topic for a different day.
    What I'm saying is they optimized that demo for a gaming PC at the time, the game that was delivered does look like crap. Also Crysis 3 on the xbox compared to a good gaming rig is a joke at best. To expect that ACM demo to look like that on the xbox is only a dream. I do agree that ACM sucked hard and yes Gearbox/Sega/(TimeGate?) need to take the hit for it, it's just that some of you act like Gearbox are these evil masterminds stealing money for Borderlands and have no proof of it. Also "different strokes for different folks" personally I think Borderlands is an amazing series and Borderlands 2 was great in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Lol a Salandrin thread, he walks in places a piece of cheese on the ground walks out of the room closes the door, and watches as the mice come in and nibble away at cheese, cheese gone mice attack each other.
    The most accurate fact in this entire thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played any of the Borderlands games or AVP:CM but i have seen gameplay videos of them and reviews via youtube.

Now i have seen a lot of great games come out, be it from a 3 man team in a basement to a top developer churning out AAA+ titles every year.

The problem with Gearbox is that they royally fucked up a much beloved and interesting universe with the turd of a game that was AVP:CM.
    Yet they are not the only ones to blame there, FOX who hold the rights to the 'Alien' franchise gave the go ahead and even said that the game is the OFFICIAL canon sequel to the second Alien film. The game was also passed from developer to developer and never truly stayed in one 'house' for all the aspect to meld together in a decent game.

For me, churning out that abomination of a game and fucking up what could and SHOULD have been a kick-ass game means they deserve any and all shit thrown their way, be it bad rep, loss in sales or someone mailing them turds in boxes.

Maybe the game had too much time and money invested in it that they HAD to release it in the state it was, shit AI, stupid weapon system and the god awful story.
    But does that give them the right to tarnish what was and still is a decent franchise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    But does that give them the right to tarnish what was and still is a decent franchise ?
    Nope and in my opinion no company has the right to tarnish any franchise just to try to gain a few $$$ even if they own it 100%.

Offtopic but to you: its ACM there was not predator's in this one just saying

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok ill use other games like witcher 2 skyrim and many more. my point is there would not be that huge of a graphic difference for such a B-rated title. "Not saying the games I said are b-rated titles"

It has also been showed that the release version of ACM on PC looks no different on PC with max settings then console. As a matter of a fact some settings make the game worse on PC at max then console.

all they did was polish a tud to make sure it sells and it worked and now that everyone has seen this there is a backlash from it.
    I was actually agreeing with you on everything except for them stealing Sega's money. There has yet to be any proof of that. I was also pointing out that one of your examples was a bad example. Completely agreed that the demo was vastly different from the released game in ways that can't be accounted for just by the PC being superior. The release version looks like ass on console and PC, yeah.

Gearbox using Sega's money for other projects would at the very least explain why Aliens: CM was such a colossal disappointment. I actually find it impossible to believe that Gearbox was using other IP's successful income as funding for Aliens: CM. If that was the case; Aliens: CM must've been the most broken game ever if that was all that could be salvaged. Anyway you look at it, Gearbox lied to the gaming public by showing a fake gameplay video and by using third party developers to create the game. Just another horrible movie to game adaptation. Shouldn't we be used to this by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Never played a Gearbox game.

The Aliens and Duke Nukem got much hate but thats what happens when games go through development hell and hop from house to house until someone decides to produce it. Gearbox could have easily passed those 2 games along but they didn't, so props for trying.
    They actually outsourced the single player out to some other company.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a lot of people love borderlands 2 then gearboxes next game is aliens which everybody hates. How does that mean currently making terrible games? and how does a history of great games and 1 bad game mean it is a failing company? This reminds me of a friend of mine who loved the first matrix but because of matrix 2 and 3 he then hated the first movie. I think gear box may have got a little lazy with gameplay for aliens but it had a great story. Its not like the game cant be patched for its bugs.

"Is Gearbox one of the worst game developers?" Well I have a better question. Stop bitching and either play the game or stop. Whoops. It wasn't a question.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I was actually agreeing with you on everything except for them stealing Sega's money. There has yet to be any proof of that. I was also pointing out that one of your examples was a bad example. Completely agreed that the demo was vastly different from the released game in ways that can't be accounted for just by the PC being superior. The release version looks like ass on console and PC, yeah.
    I can agree with that there is not real prof to them stealing money from sega.

But with the way some company's run nowa day's I wouldn't put it past them ether.

I do feel SEGA told Gearbox just to release ACM because they had so much money tied up into it they had to make something off it and sadly that is a cost the fans payed.

But games like ACM is why I refuse to pay 60$ for most titles "its rare I pay it for any title" and why I rather get a used game because when you buy new here in the US u can not return it for cash back. at most you can trade it in to gamestop for 30$ credit and that is normally just within the first 1-3weeks of its release.

It sucks this happen ACM had a really good chance at being the next big hit but due to many things it dropped harder then a stone.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    "Is Gearbox one of the worst game developers?" Well I have a better question. Stop bitching and either play the game or stop. Whoops. It wasn't a question.
    Look another person who wants to post to get his count up and not add anything useful to the topic at hand.

Here is a idea don't like that people want to state there opinion then don't come to a forum.

I can agree with that there is not real prof to them stealing money from sega.

But with the way some company's run nowa day's I wouldn't put it past them ether.

I do feel SEGA told Gearbox just to release ACM because they had so much money tied up into it they had to make something off it and sadly that is a cost the fans payed.

But games like ACM is why I refuse to pay 60$ for most titles "its rare I pay it for any title" and why I rather get a used game because when you buy new here in the US u can not return it for cash back. at most you can trade it in to gamestop for 30$ credit and that is normally just within the first 1-3weeks of its release.

It sucks this happen ACM had a really good chance at being the next big hit but due to many things it dropped harder then a stone.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:51 AM ----------

Look another person who wants to post to get his count up and not add anything useful to the topic at hand.

Here is a idea don't like that people want to state there opinion then don't come to a forum.
    I'll add something "useful". Stop having stupid opinions. Like Gearbox being one of the worst developers.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Cut out the personal attacks please.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    I'll add something "useful". Stop having stupid opinions. Like Gearbox being one of the worst developers.
    Don't want to read opinions you think are stupid then don't come to a forum and find something else to do with your free time.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Cut out the personal attacks please.
    off topic: what is ur avatar pic from I know I have seen it somewhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    What I'm saying is they optimized that demo for a gaming PC at the time, the game that was delivered does look like crap. Also Crysis 3 on the xbox compared to a good gaming rig is a joke at best. To expect that ACM demo to look like that on the xbox is only a dream. I do agree that ACM sucked hard and yes Gearbox/Sega/(TimeGate?) need to take the hit for it, it's just that some of you act like Gearbox are these evil masterminds stealing money for Borderlands and have no proof of it. Also "different strokes for different folks" personally I think Borderlands is an amazing series and Borderlands 2 was great in my book.
    IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GRAPHICS!

Did you watch the damn demo? The aliens actually had better animations! They were crawling all over the place! They moved through terrain and obstacles! Their corpses stuck around and still had collision that didn't look like a total fucking joke!

Then the game ships and not only do they just plain look worse but they hardly interact with the terrain at all, they jump around like idiots, their corpses vanish after a few seconds and when they do exhibit some form of collision it's the jerky spastic kind of shit we saw in games like Oblivion!