Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel the opposite, I thought I was going to be bored with the first LFR not opening till next week, but I've been enjoying it a fair bit. But I like dailies and hunting rares, so who cares what I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I too hated dailies. As a raider you had to do them religiously to maximize your char.
    While I do agree with the latter of your post, I have to ask, why?
    If someone did all 5.0 dailies every day (god knows why) they'd be months away from being able to buy all the unlocked items anyway

I don't understand where this dailies-all-day-erry-day idea came from ._.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Ultimately Blizzard want to keep you playing and paying. I made my choice last year and left, in fact I gave up all MMO's there are none with new thinking and I personally feel the golden age of MMO's has come and gone. They won't risk too much at the moment with money being tight for most people and so they introduce filler content and rehash previous ideas, that being said blizzard do like to change things and try stuff sadly that 'stuff' like the new highly simplified talent trees killed the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    2new islands, both with new mobs and interesting grinds on them.
    New mounts, alot of them.
    New pets, alot of them.
    New quests (dailies), lots of them.
    New scenarios.

And the biggest fucking part?
    LFR isnt open yet.
    Only 1/5th of the thundering isle is open, it's gonna take a few weeks to get through all the content.

I suspect you're crying because there's not any free purples in 5.2 for another week!
    Agreed.

Actually I am even overwhelmed with the amount of stuff there is to do. I don't find anything mandatory tho, I never did. Our guild went 15/16 last content and I hardly did any dailies or got any charms. They most of the time just give you gold anyway.. I am doing dailies now tho because they are actually fun lol.

Rare grinds, two new islands, a lot of new bosses to get used to. New scenarios quests and even after all these the new season will start next season and gearing in pvp is easier now so I am excited about that too. I am afraid I may not be able to find time to do anything else for a while and that is the only negative thing I can find about 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Wow you really didn't get the post at all but still figured to post a reply showing what kind of a great human being you yourself are?

You know, I personally think dailies suck big time and it is a very bad design to use it the way it is being used now.
    So there are more people thinking dailies suck...... and I also think that the guy who decided dailies = content, needs to be shot!
    For your understanding: this shows the extend of my dislike for the implementation of dailies and is not meant literally!
    Like for example: If I say to someone: Drop dead! I don't mean that he should drop dead literally on the spot.
    It still was made in bad taste. Sorry, but just because you think it's a form of expression does not really make it okay.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Blizzard should remove loot from LFR, solves so many issues
    Actually what they should do is remove all loot from all the normal and heroic mode raids and just do them for fun.. What you have said there solves nothing and will drive people away. Blizz are not that dumb to do something stupid like removing loot from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    As an aside, I think the program for staggering LFR is ass-backwards. If you’re getting in there on normal and killing a few bosses, LFR isn’t designed for you and, therefore, you should have no complaints about it being open.

Think about it like this:

a. Heroic raiders will take any advantage they can get; they want LFR open (I suspect) for set-pieces that will aid their main progression.

b. Normal raiders might struggle with the first few encounters and, as such, would benefit from LFR being open to fill those last few slots.

c. LFR raiders want to take part in the content as soon as the above two groups and should be able to do so when the patch lands.

I know these pigeon holes aren’t all-encompassing but, luckily, they don’t need to be; they need only illustrate why this staggering of LFR is totally unnecessary and, worse, is penalizing the casual players that Blizzard are so determined to bring in.

What exasperates the issue is the logical contradiction that’s been espoused. Blizzard representatives have repeatedly said “LFR isn’t mandatory” (the horrible Draztal, typically) yet they obviously feel it’s mandatory enough to stagger it on the patch release. Genius.
    That is an excellent point actually. If lfr isn't mandatory then I see no reason that LFR can't be entirely open in week one.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yes you get less loot. You play slower. You can't get gear from your valor. YOu deal with atrocious RNG without any means of combating it. You don't get to spend your valor, well you didn't in 5.0. You don't get charms. In general you just go slower and deal shitty rng.

The alternatives to not doing dailies all suck. If their was some other way in the game to offset rng and not go slow then I would take it and dailies wouldn't be forced and as a corollary dailies would be less compelling. As they are in 5.2 since they offer real crap gear. Good times.
    No they don't suck. In my highly esteemed opinion doing dailies sucks. So I don't. I still have a healthy dose of gear and any RNG was far far back in the list of reasons why my small one day a week 10 man isn't a burning pillar of progression. Because you know what you still get to do? Get gear through raiding. I presume you enjoy that because if you don't than I can only assume you are stupid. And I say that because if you're doing all those dailies, presumably to raid more efficiently, and you hate raiding than you are irrefutably stupid. You do not need the gear from valor or the bonus rolls to gear up to raid. Period. They are helpful and extremely useful but are not necessary and I highly doubt you are the caliber of player where that extra 50 str might mean the difference between a world first kill or not.

Guess what? We put up with RNG for years, still have to. It took the literal week before 5.2 for our warrior who loves 1h weapons to see a single 1h weapon. You are still not forced to the dailies. You choose. I didn't have to do them in sunwell, I didn't have to do them in wrath, and I don't have to do them now. They rewards are compelling but not mandatory or even necessary to properly rai

It's a simple matter of perspective. You're bitching because dailies give you something you want by doing something you don't enjoy and that someone is holding a gun to your head to do them. Your own statements indicate you value the offsetting of RNG more than the fun lost by doing dailies. If you didn't you wouldn't do them like I don't. I see something I want but do not feel the boring amount of effort to get it is worthwhile. So I don't. The difference between the two of us is you feel that something is being taken away from you while I feel I'm just not playing a part of the game I don't enjoy.

That is an excellent point actually. If lfr isn't mandatory then I see no reason that LFR can't be entirely open in week one.
    It's a terrible point, actually. And I'm the first one to say that gated content in the way blizzard has done it for raids is idiotic.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least they did not gate Throne like they did with ToES, in that to get into ToES you had to have cleared HoF and yet Throne is a higher level yet not gated case of go figure.

1-2 days in and the complaints about content that hasn't been released entirely yet have begun.

Not about dailies, but the transmog changes.

Why can't I transmog a 1 hand fist weapon on a 1 hand mace? I mean you should be able to since you can transmog swords on axes and vice versa.

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    No they don't suck. In my highly esteemed opinion doing dailies sucks. So I don't. I still have a healthy dose of gear and any RNG was far far back in the list of reasons why my small one day a week 10 man isn't a burning pillar of progression. Because you know what you still get to do? Get gear through raiding. I presume you enjoy that because if you don't than I can only assume you are stupid. And I say that because if you're doing all those dailies, presumably to raid more efficiently, and you hate raiding than you are irrefutably stupid. You do not need the gear from valor or the bonus rolls to gear up to raid. Period. They are helpful and extremely useful but are not necessary and I highly doubt you are the caliber of player where that extra 50 str might mean the difference between a world first kill or not.

Guess what? We put up with RNG for years, still have to. It took the literal week before 5.2 for our warrior who loves 1h weapons to see a single 1h weapon. You are still not forced to the dailies. You choose. I didn't have to do them in sunwell, I didn't have to do them in wrath, and I don't have to do them now. They rewards are compelling but not mandatory or even necessary to properly rai

It's a simple matter of perspective. You're bitching because dailies give you something you want by doing something you don't enjoy and that someone is holding a gun to your head to do them. Your own statements indicate you value the offsetting of RNG more than the fun lost by doing dailies. If you didn't you wouldn't do them like I don't. I see something I want but do not feel the boring amount of effort to get it is worthwhile. So I don't. The difference between the two of us is you feel that something is being taken away from you while I feel I'm just not playing a part of the game I don't enjoy.

It's a terrible point, actually. And I'm the first one to say that gated content in the way blizzard has done it for raids is idiotic.
    I agree doing dailies sucks. In fact it sucks so bad that I ended up leaving the game altogether. The dailies sucked but were the best way to combat rng and give me a steady source of reliable gear and more importantly reliable REWARD for the time I invest in the game. So it became a rock and a hard place. I chose the boulder and left the game. I'd love to get gear through raiding but after a month without a single drop from LFR I quit.

Saying I don't need the gear from valor is true but I don't need anything in this game really. In fact really nobody does. Raiders don't, lfr casuals don't but that's not really a good criteria to judge it by. In fact if that were true then the gear wouldn't need to be on the dailies in the first place. I mean if we take that opinion seriously then theirs no need to put the gear in the game at all. We both know however that the issues here isn't need and is entirely desire. If you desire the gear you are forced to do X Y and Z. Now dailies provide you with a steady means of fulfiling that desire, so much so that the other methods for sating it pale in comparison and dailies end up becoming forced because as bad as daily questing is it sure as shit is better than RNG or PVP. So daililes become the de facto route of choice and become very forced. Really it becomes a non choice. It would be exactly like choosing not to pay your taxes. People have done that for years but of course the consequences suck and really the alternative to paying your taxes (not paying them and going to jail or dealing with Canada Revenue) is shitier than paying your taxes.

It's a matter of perspective really. I don't think anyone is "holding a gun to my head" to do them. More over in the very strictest definition of the word, even if they were holding a gun to my head I could refuse to do them. However the consequences for refusing to do them (if they had a hypothetical gun to my head) would be very bad and thus doing them would be the forced option. Now if the developers were serious about not making them forced then they would have simple done what they did in 5.2 or failing that make the alternatives better. In fact to an extent they've done both in 5.2. They given dungeons some rep (an appallingly shitty amount mind you) and made the rewards from the 5.2 daily vendors pretty fucking crappy. As a consequence of this those dailies will be (in Blizzard parlance) less compelling and in reality simple less forced. Once you decode Blizzard PR speak you find out that those two terms are interchangeable.

You used the word compelling. The definition of the root of that word involves the verb "force". Blizzard uses the word "compelling" as well and in a very round about way is acknowledging how forced they are even though I'm sure they haven't actually looked up the word "compel". In any event you and the developers were fools if you think you could make "compelling" (forced) content and then turn around and say you should totally feel not "compelled" (forced) to do it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So content feeling mandatory is enough reason to change the dailies but not for LFR?
    hypocrisy at its best
    Well I don't think the 6 week wait is enough to cure what ails LFR from being or feeling mandatory. It's not likely your guild will have it's fill of reward out of the normal raid by the time 6 weeks is over so you'll still be in there looking for upgrades and potentially rep for the faction as well. Under their current reward model it would take my wildest fucking dreams to come true for me to get my fill out of normal raid in 6 weeks. Entropy has a great probability. If the developers insist that it isn't though (and their full of horse shit) then theirs ZERO reason why it should be closed now.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-07 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenaris View Post
    Not about dailies, but the transmog changes.

Why can't I transmog a 1 hand fist weapon on a 1 hand mace? I mean you should be able to since you can transmog swords on axes and vice versa.
    Animations.

Deleted
    I think it is ok that LFR is staggered. That way the normal mode raiders at least get to progress on some bosses and defeat them on normal mode. Before they enevitably end up facerolling through them in LFR. And 6 weeks isn't that long to wait to get thorugh it, people will hate the damn instance anyway in 4-5 months so whats the big rush of getting started on the whole quest to slowly begin hating the grindy raid instance.

I agree doing dailies sucks. In fact it sucks so bad that I ended up leaving the game altogether. The dailies sucked but were the best way to combat rng and give me a steady source of reliable gear and more importantly reliable REWARD for the time I invest in the game. So it became a rock and a hard place. I chose the boulder and left the game. I'd love to get gear through raiding but after a month without a single drop from LFR I quit.
    I can understand the want for progression, and the frustration when it doesn't happen as quickly as you want. Personally, I don't play primarily for gear. However, I can understand why others do. And I can also acknowledge that most of the players do.

Do you think that Blizz might eventually change their RNG philosophy for loot? I rarely ever see anyone state "I love RNG loot drops. They add to gameplay. "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I can understand the want for progression, and the frustration when it doesn't happen as quickly as you want. Personally, I don't play primarily for gear. However, I can understand why others do. And I can also acknowledge that most of the players do.

Do you think that Blizz might eventually change their RNG philosophy for loot? I rarely ever see anyone state "I love RNG loot drops. They add to gameplay. "
    I remember back in molten core that we in the guild discussed how it would be nice if at the end of the run you could go talk to a vendor and swap unwanted drops for drops that you needed^^

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I can understand the want for progression, and the frustration when it doesn't happen as quickly as you want. Personally, I don't play primarily for gear. However, I can understand why others do.

Yea and you do see alot of people bitch about it especially in this expansion. I don't know brother I hope so. They have a weird obsession with it, in part I think because they are convinced that getting loot of a boss is somehow more rewarding than getting it from a vendor. It wasn't rewarding in vanilla when I got passed over for crown of netherwind like 10 or 12 times and we killed Onyxia every week for months. I just felt gross after. Yea I don't know what the obsession is with RNG. It's one thing I hope they change their minds on in the next expansion. It would have to go with an entirely new mindset though, like not embracing some of the more punitive and regressive changes they made in this expansion and instead making progressive changes that help the player rather than gate or force them into grinds.

To be honest I think they need some fresh blood in that place. I like GC but I think some new vision would be helpful. Someone with some new ideas.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the guys that we played together ever since TBC have stopped playing after the first 2-3 weeks of MoP. The reason was the endless daily questing grind. I believe that whoever has played this game for quite some time feels the same way. People that are just casual players do not mind but those that have jobs, family you name it and want to raid in a sufficient level just do not have the time to grind so much. And when they try to make the time it usually makes them sick of questing after a while. Since VP + rep was the only way to get a gear upgrade in this tier (combined with the LFR drop rate) many people decided that they do not want to do this everyday anymore. Having the same thing in 5.2 isn't getting them back ...

Deleted
    i was wondering when i was gonna see a thread like this u just cant please some people, sometimes i feel sorry for blizz having to cater to player types like the OP

Deleted
    Yea and you do see alot of people bitch about it especially in this expansion. I don't know brother I hope so. They have a weird obsession with it, in part I think because they are convinced that getting loot of a boss is somehow more rewarding than getting it from a vendor. It wasn't rewarding in vanilla when I got passed over for crown of netherwind like 10 or 12 times and we killed Onyxia every week for months. I just felt gross after. Yea I don't know what the obsession is with RNG. It's one thing I hope they change their minds on in the next expansion. It would have to go with an entirely new mindset though, like not embracing some of the more punitive and regressive changes they made in this expansion and instead making progressive changes that help the player rather than gate or force them into grinds.

To be honest I think they need some fresh blood in that place. I like GC but I think some new vision would be helpful. Someone with some new ideas.
    I agree, frankly I think the weird obsession with RNG is outdated. The whole thing was designed to keep you running content for longer to get your stuff.

The problem is with their new faster patches philosophy RNG runs counter to it. Now I never got an epic weapon from both bosses in Mogu'Shan or from Sha of fear when it was current (yes the legendary gem is still sitting in my bags)and I think that shows something is very wrong with the drop rates and system.

Imo blizzard should go back to the cata model as frankly it worked well! Either that or have the personal drop chance increase for your next kill for every kill of that boss you do not see loot. That way eventually you get the item.