Thread: Ban DPS Metres

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've never been kicked from a dungeon, EVER.

The one thing after the first couple pages, i never seen what the OP's dps was, compared to the rest. The kick may have been justified, if everyone is doing 10k, and he is doing 2k that shows a problem.

But if was doing 7k and they were doing 10k, the kick was unjust and you will just have to deal with it.

as a tank I have recount hidden during fights. No need to look at that crap. I only look at the meters after the fight (if I remember) or when we wipe to either enrage or just dont seem to have enough raw dps (hello Horridon 10 man). Speaking of the vile beast. Recount/skada is a valuable tool on that fight to see who and how many interrupts/dispells were dosed out.

You were not a "Victim" or anything, you just didnt learn to play your class, if your party members outperformed you so much that you went even below tank's DPS then you are not doing your Role properly, and In my opinion such a thing deserves the kick, If you want to be able to do heroics EVEN if you dont have proper gear , you first need to LEARN how to play properly.

Following key things will Increase your dps vastly , without proper gear things such as:
    1. Hit and Exp Cap (Learn what are your least needed Stats and from those Reforge to Hit and Exp Cap)
    2. Spells and Rotation (Learn your spells properly, and learn how to rotate them properly In order to achieve greater damage output).
    3. Learn to play (Basic things such as moving away from fire, Interupting spells, CCing targets, Buffing,Gemming and ENCHANTING your gear will Increase your performence)
    4. Go to one of the beginers sites such as Noxxic.com , or even try harder and learn from Elitistjerks.com

Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    You were not a "Victim" or anything, you just didnt learn to play your class, if your party members outperformed you so much that you went even below tank's DPS then you are not doing your Role properly, and In my opinion such a thing deserves the kick, If you want to be able to do heroics EVEN if you dont have proper gear , you first need to LEARN how to play properly.

Following key things will Increase your dps vastly , without proper gear things such as:
    1. Hit and Exp Cap (Learn what are your least needed Stats and from those Reforge to Hit and Exp Cap)
    2. Spells and Rotation (Learn your spells properly, and learn how to rotate them properly In order to achieve greater damage output).
    3. Learn to play (Basic things such as moving away from fire, Interupting spells, CCing targets, Buffing,Gemming and ENCHANTING your gear will Increase your performence)
    4. Go to one of the beginers sites such as Noxxic.com , or even try harder and learn from Elitistjerks.com

Good luck.
    This, altough if the tank is 510 i lvl and is just pulling 100k dps, then OK you probably won't out dps him, but just put a little effort into it, and you won't be wasting everybody elses time

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not the DPS meters that are the problem. It's the assholes that don't see the right correlation between gear and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post

Good luck.
    Mostly this, but tanks on trash will almost always beat dps of = ilvl, and even on some bosses. Just depends on which ones favour another, but that shouldn't be enough to get you kicked.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    DPS meter is the best thing that came to the game out of blizzards work.

It let's you see who s leeching, who is afking as much as he can. It also let's you improve... how the hell would you work out your dps if you believe that you are a "suppaduppa dragon slayer coz you crit for 5k zomg!" when you are doing 20% less damage than your class mate...

In other words...
    None is going to vote kick you if you do your job well. Plain simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    I'm not really sure how this went down, but if you were one of the people in dungeons doing 15k dps, then I totally understand why you got kicked and I would have voted yes too. People were doing 15k DPS two expansions ago... I don't expect people to come in there in quest greens and do 90k or something, but at least pull your weight instead of having 4 others just boosting you.
    Actually 15k is totally legimate DPS.
    First, the tank does the most DPS in lower dungeons, almost always.
    Second, retri pally has a dumbshit ramp-up time with the dps, meaning - If the mob dies quickly, dps is low, especially if you don't have time to properly use CD's.
    Third, Having full epix at 85, is totally different than having greens at 89, the scaling changes so much that actually you might do lower DPS at 89 than what you did at 85.
    Last edited by Cuppy; 2013-03-10 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Grammarlol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    There was no elitism, and getting kicked by groups is a good thing sometimes.

A fresh 90 pressing their buttons randomly can produce 25-30k DPS easily, if you are doing 12k, you are simply not doing anything and you are a leecher and getting kicked is the right option, it might make you wake up and actually figure out what you are doing wrong.

Not all cases are like that but i have a feeling in your case it was a correct thing to do.

QFT.
    You come here and blame the group for kicking you for Low dps. You didn't said what was your dps? Maybe SS a Recount to show?
    You come here and whine, but maybe the fault's in you...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Actually 15k is totally legimate DPS.
    First, the tank does the most DPS in lower dungeons, almost always.
    Second, retri pally has a dumbshit ramp-up time with the dps, meaning - If the mob dies quickly, dps is low, especially if you don't have time to properly use CD's.
    Third, Having full epix at 85, is totally different than having greens at 89, the scaling changes so much that actually you might do lower DPS at 89 than what you did at 85.
    Do you even play a ret pally? If i recall when i ding'd 90, i pretty much could do 20-28k on boss fights, going YOLO with all cd's in the book..

Also not be a total jerk, but check this addon, it will greatly help you improve if you're new to ret.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-clcinfo-Guide
    Last edited by Ktperry; 2013-03-10 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Deleted
    In my experience, people are just dumb and will click yes on the votekick dialog just to get rid of it, or because they believe that anyone in LFG is bad and every kickvote is justified anyway.

People get kicked from 5mans for any reason or no reason at all - you can try it - start a votekick for any player, even a good tank, and they'll be gone in seconds. THEN they'll be asking why they just kicked the tank. Shoot first, ask questions later. Funny stuff.

By the way, I don't make a habit of kicking random people. But it really works that way.

"It's not elitism!"
    *makes elitist statement as to why it's not elitism*

-half the responses here

If a run is going smoothy, and you kick someone for "being bad", something is mentally wrong with you. It's a game, people. Just because it's the internet, and it's anonymous, doesn't mean you have to treat people like shit for not living to some sort of standard.

As I said earlier, only in MMOs (and, I 'spose MOBAs), is the kind of behavior tolerated and encouraged. Probably a big part of why almost all MMOs have major growth problems at the moment.

Frankly, if you use the following terms and our statements:
    carry/carried
    leeching
    bad/bads/baddies
    "you're wasting everyone's time"

you're probably waaaay out of touch with reality, need to realize it's a game, and sit down and have some dip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like these are good for identifying players with an Elitist Mentality.

The "you must have X DPS or don't bother playing the game LOL" crowd is a disease in this game.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    That's just very poor reasoning, the only purpose of a Nuclear bomb is mass murder, were as there are many valid uses of dps meters...
    The objects are very diffrent, but that was not the point. The reasoning and therefor also the logic is the same. The result is absurd, hence why I dont buy that logic. It was not my reasoning either, it was someoneelses. I just proved that that type of reasoning leads to absurd results.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Threads like these are good for identifying players with an Elitist Mentality.

The "you must have X DPS or don't bother playing the game LOL" crowd is a disease in all multiplayer games.
    Slight correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioz View Post
    I wish Blizz would ban dps metres, for a example i was a nearly level 90 pally not very good geared as i wanted to start dungeons to get gear to raid, so was happily going through temple of the jade serpant to get new gear and was kicked for having low dps i was below tank and druid dps if i recall, but here is my problem dont you have to gear to get better gear to higher your dps i have to say it put me off doing dungeons and just do scenerios now i never had this problem in tbc or lich king instances
    Depending how many he pulls you should be below the tank, we have retardedly broken dps while aoeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I'm not really sure how this went down, but if you were one of the people in dungeons doing 15k dps, then I totally understand why you got kicked and I would have voted yes too. People were doing 15k DPS two expansions ago... I don't expect people to come in there in quest greens and do 90k or something, but at least pull your weight instead of having 4 others just boosting you.
    Exactly this.

Odd that some people are fine with wasting time in what is supposed to be a fun game. They'd rather spend an hour wiping in a dungeon that should take 20 minutes, then call out the person that is causing the problems. I prefer to have fun, so if someone doesn't know how to play their class and doesn't take advice, they leave or I leave. Those people can play as bad as they like while doing dailies or something, but they're not going to make my precious spare time not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You should make an effort to play better.
    I have never heard of anyone who plays at least decently for their gear getting kicked in a dungeon or LFR.
    You are so funny.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    How much dps were you doing if you don't mind me asking ?

Anyways, I don't think I could play a dps class without a dps meter. How am I going to improve my dps over time if I cannot see my dps anywhere ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    im absolutely with this guy, here. i also would have voted to kick.

Deleted
    Without seeing the details of what dps the OP was doing compared to the rest of the group, it's not possible to make a judgement on his performance.

However, I would imagine that the people that kicked him were vastly over geared for the dungeon, and as such were doing considerably higher dps than the OP who actually needed to be there to gear up. The problem isn't with the OP or even with damage meters, the problem is that Blizzard encourage over geared players to do content that is trivial for them, just to obtain valor points. Scenarios and dungeons should reward only justice points and blue gear, not valor points.