Poll: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    No, No, No, No, No, NO.

While XP boost Is a minor thing, things like that can develop Into SHITLOAD of other things, and NO ONE wants a game where you can pay to get Achivs/Rep/Replica for mogs/ And other things, so please... NO TY, now close thread.
    Guild Wars 2 has these things, and it works just fine, as do other games.

The true question is, does a game that already runs on subscriptions need to do more cash grabbing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    No. That would be just stupid.
    What do ppl have against leveling? Why is it so hard to understand that leveling is a part of wow. Its a role playing game ffs.
    As you said, we already get a massive xp boost for our alts.
    I really think leveling is so easy that with a 300% it would becomes ridiculously fast. And having to pay for it? No way. I think Blizzard will never offer an xp boost for money.

So many ppl have suggested some kind of an exp boost or even skipping levels (straight to 30, 60 or even 90) if u already have a max level character. But cmon... its a part of the whole experience I seriously dont get whats so bad about it

I like leveling so I really hope they never give us "free" levels for money or for free.
    Imagine if they took ur heirlooms and all that away. Then ud realize that we already get a ridiculous exp boost.

And when it comes to leveling from 85 to 90. Is it really that bad? Its not really a big grind. And it doesnt harm anyone to play their characters a bit before hitting 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why pay money to 300% exp Boost? I have better idea: If you have 90 lvl character on your account, you could pay for 85 lvl ready character ! i mean i should be able to buy ready character with minor gear at the max lvl of previous expansion. Some people just cant stand leveling characters again and again ! Why dont give them option to pay money for their pleasures?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, No, No, No, No, NO.

While XP boost Is a minor thing, things like that can develop Into SHITLOAD of other things, and NO ONE wants a game where you can pay to get Achivs/Rep/Replica for mogs/ And other things, so please... NO TY, now close thread.
    Buying Replica for mogs, why would that be a bad thing? Its like buying a mount or mini pet, both of which are just skins of similar stuff you already have. As long as all of those Replicas aren't better than what exist ingame (which is each persons own opinion really).

Once a door like this is opened, it can't be shut.

You're naive to think that this is the only paid advantage that would make it through.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, because i wouldnt pay, so there is nothing to gain for me...

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    That's a slippery slope fallacy.

I wouldn't mind it. It doesn't affect you if you don't purchase it, it doesn't give anyone an advantage (other than leveling faster)...I can't think of a legitimate gripe against it.

Please red full comment next time

Leveling doesn't impact the game at all. You can pretty much pay for this already with recruit a friend anyway. It hasn't lead to any buying of achievements or gear. Cash shops are totally legit in MMO's. In fact if you are afraid of them I suggest getting out of the genre now because they are the future in a lot of likely business models to come.

An MMO like WoW is completely based upon its end game. Anything that happens between level 1 and level 89.99, for the current expansion, doesn't impact the meta game at all. Or else it would be dead and dead again because just about everything below that becomes an unbalanced mess every time they mess with talents/class abilities at max level. Just take a look at things like class balance and pvp balance for example in the low levels. It simply doesn't exist. The game lives. So just giving people the ability to push though that slop faster makes little difference and if Blizzard can make a buck off it then oh well. Better they get to the real game fast, and learn to play the real game better, then to think they are getting better though meaningless/useless/unbalanced content which likely just makes them worse.

a paid 300% bonus experience already exists. it`s called "Recruit-a-Friend" lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Buying Replica for mogs, why would that be a bad thing? Its like buying a mount or mini pet, both of which are just skins of similar stuff you already have. As long as all of those Replicas aren't better than what exist ingame (which is each persons own opinion really).
    I cant even believe at what I read , " What Is wrong with that? " People spent time , LOTS of time to have a unique set of Mogs, and you dont see any problem if someone just bought It? seriously go play maple story I cant even understand this anymore, people In this community , all those wotlk kids just dont even understand the point of this game.

No, No, No, No, No, NO.

Drama much? XP boost is fine. You really need to get over yourself.

I cant even believe at what I read , " What Is wrong with that? " People spent time , LOTS of time to have a unique set of Mogs, and you dont see any problem if someone just bought It? seriously go play maple story I cant even understand this anymore, people In this community , all those wotlk kids just dont even understand the point of this game.
    some people spent time, LOTS of time making their own car. others just buy a car.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it was 5 bucks or less than no. Leveling with Full Heirlooms, Guild Perk w/ RAF (Maybe) its fast anough.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

No becuse the next step would be to pay for max level chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really care.

It's not even really necessary. You already have a pretty significant bonus with BoA items, guild bonus, and a couple consumables and the RAF stuff, along with "resting".

It wouldn't accomplish anything other than at the start of new xpacs getting to level cap first to hit raids a day early perhaps (although u can already hit cap fairly shortly).

I would support anything that makes it faster to level a new char to 90, after doing it once on that account already. Its insanely boring and slow to redo old leveling content again if one wants an alternate char to swap into raids or pvp or whatever, even with full heirlooms. (oh, buff heirloom xp bonus already, yo!)

Take it further, add an option to buy a level 90 char. Nice income for Blizzard, less annoyance for me. Those that dont want to use such an option can of course just ignore it, and has no reason to QQ over it.

I wouldn't really support it, but I really wouldn't care either.

Leveling is nothing in this game. Someone leveling faster than me has no real relevance to Endgame.

Deleted
    Absolutely no, it's so fast to level as it is, adding a paid option will turn it into a total joke.
    And the option in poll saying you prefer the grind, how is it a grind?
    Have you ever actually played MMos that are a grind.
    FFXI (pre abyssea) , aion (early days) spring to mind along with many other games.
    Wow might of been a grind back when their was no quests left to level on in vanilla but it certainly hasn't been that way for years.
    Sheez people will want to buy max level toons fully geared next

This isn't league of legends. There's a limit as to how much virtual goods you can buy.

You can already buy this by using Recruit a Friend on yourself.