So I have a quick question. Atm I have 19 secrets and Wush/Breath normal trinks, one piece away from 4pc(could drop 535 off-gloves for 502 tier but imo 4pc isnt worth the 33ilvl loss), and am stacking haste to be ready for Meta. Now when I get UVLS I plan to give Demo a solid chance. Since I'd lose a ton of hit from swapping Wush for UVLS, should I just use UVLS/Breath combo for Afflic as well rather than reforging and all that for every fight I swap? Is there a huge dps loss between Wush/UVLS?

I don't get why you would want cha-ye paired with UVLS as affliction, even if it would somewhat increase the procrate of chayes or whatever you wouldn't wanna refresh your 100% crit dots with a chaye proc anyway, no? On the other hand for demo I could see it being good with the 100% crit Doom going. Still, Both + wush seems to be the superior trinket combo to me for affli.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I don't get why you would want cha-ye paired with UVLS as affliction, even if it would somewhat increase the procrate of chayes or whatever you wouldn't wanna refresh your 100% crit dots with a chaye proc anyway, no? On the other hand for demo I could see it being good with the 100% crit Doom going. Still, Both + wush seems to be the superior trinket combo to me for affli.
    I discussed this in another thread; there is virtually no increase in proc chance for Cha-Ye's from the UVLS proc, it's very, very minimal. However having Cha-Ye's or Breath proc after you snapshot UVLS can be beneficial since UA and Corr fall off long before Agony.

In terms of pairing a trinket with UVLS I'd go with Breath due to the longer proc duration and Haste.

Is there a huge dps loss between Wush/UVLS?
    I want Wush so I can test it but AFAIK Wush is slightly better than UVLS if only due to increased up time and proc duration (UVLS has incredibly low up time and proc duration). Using UVLS for a week or so now I can say it definitely feels like it was designed as a pure single target nuke trinket, it's uses in multi target are limited due to the extremely short buff duration and odd proc times.

Deleted
    So, finally replaced LOTC with Cha-ye, how are people finding it?

The proc seems nice, but with my 17% crit unbuffed, I'm worried it's going to be a pain to get to proc regularly.

Other trinket is Wooshoo, so I'm not getting to use it in tandem with the Lei'shen trinket.

Hello warlocks. Can somebody tell me how the RPPM trinkets actually work? Is it a passive thing, like the more haste you have the more often they proc, or does it have something to do with the number of extra dot ticks you get from that haste? Thing thing is confusing as heck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Hello warlocks. Can somebody tell me how the RPPM trinkets actually work? Is it a passive thing, like the more haste you have the more often they proc, or does it have something to do with the number of extra dot ticks you get from that haste? Thing thing is confusing as heck...
    No on both counts I'm afraid. There's a new way of doing things.

What we used to have is an event that triggered the trinket, which then went on an internal cooldown, and as soon as the cooldown was up and event could trigger again. Haste played no part in the equation, but it was a minor benefit to have dots, cause you had more events, so a higher chance the trinket would proc as soon as it came of cooldown.

With RPPM trinkets there is no more internal cooldown. The chance to proc is pretty random, so it can proc shortly after it's done it, but it can also go a while without procs. The chance to proc is slightly influenced by haste. It does NOT proc any faster if you have more events while playing ( with a lot of dots for instance).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    this link is for blizz realppm description, should explain everything you need: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893549789#1

i like how the updated bis list totally ignores tier 4 piece when in the past 4 piece was essential
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

4 piece is BiS, it's effect means we can swap to gosac again resulting in higher dmg then a slight stat increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    4 piece is BiS, it's effect means we can swap to gosac again resulting in higher dmg then a slight stat increase.
    not anymore, we sim higher now using 2 piece and h-thunderforged helm, gloves, and ra-den legs (which was going to be our off piece anyway)
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

bis doesnt really matter anymore, any 1 players "bis" list is the best combination of gear they can make at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    not anymore, we sim higher now using 2 piece and h-thunderforged helm, gloves, and ra-den legs (which was going to be our off piece anyway)
    From the sims I ran Aff sims higher using 0 piece and all H-TF gear. And will just be better with upgrades coming out.

Deleted
    question: 2-piece tier normal (shoulders, helmet) plus 3 heroics (pants from jinrokh, chest from ji-kun, gloves from jin-rokh) or 4 piece tier normal plus trousers from jin-rokh?
    and: got thunderforged breath of hydra trinket - which other trinket should i announce a big neeeeeed on?

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to PvE and I found myself with an offer for a raid spot so I want to fix the rough edges before heading in, Affliction is the spec I want to play, and I understand Haste plateaus, but I feel my gemming is wrong and is yielding mediocre DPS; I'm gemming pure Haste. I'm not really sure what direction to head in.

Thanks for any advice. Item level 501 btw. 2 RPPM Trinkets.
    Last edited by Schirmy; 2013-04-23 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Hey all,

I'm pretty new to PvE and I found myself with an offer for a raid spot so I want to fix the rough edges before heading in, Affliction is the spec I want to play, and I understand Haste plateaus, but I feel my gemming is wrong and is yielding mediocre DPS; I'm gemming pure Haste. I'm not really sure what direction to head in.

Thanks for any advice. Item level 501 btw. 2 RPPM Trinkets.
    feel free to private message me if you want any help at all, or anyone really

i don't do stupid streams or youtube videos but i can try my best
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    From the sims I ran Aff sims higher using 0 piece and all H-TF gear. And will just be better with upgrades coming out.
    what shoulders would that be? the hit+haste random boss drop?

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    what shoulders would that be? the hit+haste random boss drop?
    Quite so - for less RNG you can use the crit/mastery ones off Durumu.

Who gives a hoot what the BiS TF list is. When at most a handful of 25 man players, if even that many, and no 10 man players will get it before next tier.

Well the real point is not about getting BiS TF, it's about figuring out at what point 4pc is overtaken by TF pieces. In the very least, it was an eye opener for me in that the set bonus is not as good as using non-set pieces in certain slots. In the past we'd ALWAYS get 4pc but now we will have to choose.

so just going down the list here if using non set pieces (aside from being possible higher ilvl they also offer better itemization-more haste)
    head-animus
    shoulders-random drop
    chest-ji kun
    legs-raden
    feet-raden
    bracers-priomordius
    gloves-durumu

is that correct?

and for those of us who may not kill lei shen/ra den heroic for the legs and feet slot would the heroic teir legs or heroic TF leggs of jinrock be better?