View Poll Results: Should Illegal Immigrants be allowed to use government services?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

32 10.03%
  • No

214 67.08%
  • Under Certain Circumstances

73 22.88%
Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Should illegal immigrants be allowed to use any form of government service?

As the thread title says, Should Illegal Immigrants be allowed to use any form of Government service? Such as FASFA (Financial Aid for low income students), food stamps, welfare, etc.? Is it even possible to prevent them from doing so? Should we allow them to live here and get paid but not have any access to any of these programs? Let's here the opinions of those who live in the United States? (Non-US Residents, while you are more then welcome to post here, keep in mind that you probably don't know enough about the situation as a whole to actually have an informed opinion, so bear that in mind)

The only goverment service, should be the free bus ride back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    The only government service, should be the free bus ride back.
    I don't agree with this. They should be charged for the transport out of the country.
    Illegal immigrants, Send them packing then send the bill for the transport to the country they are from, let them deal with the problem of recovering the money from them.

Legal immigrant's, with all the paper work and the ability to support themselves, that's fine, welcome them with open arms and give them everything they need.

Voted no, Id actually propose an additional 5-10% tax on legal immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Why? Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Illegal immigrants, Send them packing then send the bill for the transport to the country they are from, let them deal with the problem of recovering the money from them.
    Yeah because Mexico or other countries would pay us up front then go after the person we just kicked back over there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No, No and umm NO. I have no issue with those wanting to come here thru legal and proper channels. Otherwise if here illegally, they deserve nothing but deported.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found it odd that Natives from Canada can cross the border, work, and so on with no problems and next to no documentation other than proof of race (except in the case of flying). Not sure if Native Americans can cross just as easily, but I would imagine so. But I never understood why Mexicans can't cross just as easily. Then again, maybe it might have something to do with them having their own country, while Native Canadian and Americans don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I always found it odd that Natives from Canada can cross the border, work, and so on with no problems and next to no documentation other than proof of race (except in the case of flying). Not sure if Native Americans can cross just as easily, but I would imagine so. But I never understood why Mexicans can't cross just as easily. Then again, maybe it might have something to do with them having their own country, while Native Canadian and Americans don't.
    Yeah, and it's a mystery people like that Arizona sheriff won't explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Why? Do you know how absurd that sounds?
    Why? Much like the hospitals someone has to cover the additional costs of those abusing the system, why not let immigrants pay for immigrants?

I think its more of a residency thing Steve. I do wonder if mexicans legally cross the border and return at the end of the day like canadians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Much like the hospitals someone has to cover the additional costs of those abusing the system, why not let immigrants pay for immigrants?

I think its more of a residency thing Steve. I do wonder if mexicans legally cross the border and return at the end of the day like canadians.
    Because Immigrants won't pay for immigrants and then you won't have immigrants and America will die.

under certain circumstances - for example: refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    under certain circumstances - for example: refugees.
    If they have asylum or refugee status they're legal.

Depends. Should their kids get educations? Yeah, we really don't need a bunch of uneducated people running around and kids in school are kids who aren't trying to steal your car.

Hospitals? Yes. We don't need people dying in streets.

They only deserve a flight or bus ride back to whatever nation they came from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Depends. Should their kids get educations? Yeah, we really don't need a bunch of uneducated people running around and kids in school are kids who aren't trying to steal your car.

Hospitals? Yes. We don't need people dying in streets.
    Because they need nothing else next to just education right? Often it's a big package of a lot of things.

I voted no...I know a lot of them got a lot of problems, but I'd prefer them to keep those problems to themselves if they are illigal. One way ticket bag if you ask me.

I don't think you can penalize kids for being dragged along when their parents decide to illegally cross a border. At least if they are educated, they learn the language and can become an actual part of society. As for government services like Medicare, Welfare, etc? No, but I don't think you'll find many people that would say they should just get free money for being here. Seems more like a flame bait type topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because they need nothing else next to just education right? Often it's a big package of a lot of things.

I voted no...I know a lot of them got a lot of problems, but I'd prefer them to keep those problems to themselves if they are illigal. One way ticket bag if you ask me.
    I didn't say those were the exclusive ones.

Yeah because the last thing we want is those damn dirty legal immigrants coming to our country to mooch off of our education system and dump thousands of dollars into our economy.... wait.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

well they should be allowed to use police - that's a government service.

I don't like the idea of them getting food-stamps or other benefits mentioned by OP though.