Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can't wait lol

i really hope they announce how they will combat low population, there is less than 30 players of each class at level 90 online at any given time... you can well say that there are less than 300 lvl 90 players in my realm -.-

hopefully they do merge servers, with the amount of players i see online i do expect a 500k sub loss at least.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Front page story within an hour of the call I'm guessing. Forum thread on it within 5 minutes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Front page story within an hour of the call I'm guessing. Forum thread on it within 5 minutes.

30 secs after we will have a thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    30 secs after we will have a thread
    Someone probably has the "WoW is dead" thread typed up waiting to hit post as soon as the word is read.

I predict the haters will claim the numbers prove the game is dying and the fanboys will claim the numbers prove the game is the best it's ever been

10+ Year Old Account
    500k loss or more, betting 100G with a guildie.

I am predicting 9.2m, not quite as low as the lowest of Cata, but i can see it dropping under that later this expansion.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much flat. Anyone who didn't like MOP already left long ago. And the Xpac bump is over.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Pretty much flat. Anyone who didn't like MOP already left long ago. And the Xpac bump is over.
    Yeah they did, but the numbers they are about to release are Jan 1st to March 31st.
    The full LFR of T14 wasn't even unlocked until December, so the last numbers they released would have not been an accurate representation of who stayed after the next expansion bump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure actually. I just got back into WoW for taking a break and I love it! We've had many guild members come back as well. I'm not saying that makes up the majority but if it's a gain, I'll say anywhere from 100-200k. I'll say the same numbers for a loss as well.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    Yeah they did, but the numbers they are about to release are Jan 1st to March 31st.
    The full LFR of T14 wasn't even unlocked until December, so the last numbers they released would have not been an accurate representation of who stayed after the next expansion bump.
    And also the fact he's wrong because Cata didn't just bottom out at some point. It kept falling until MoP came out.

Ugh, so it's once again time for people playing a game to look at a business' financial reports and hold them up as justification of whatever their pet hate is about the game. Because that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Age of Wushu released... which has completely murdered WoW subscriptions in Asia by now.

Age of Wushu became the world's biggest mmo release with 20 million VIP subscribers in China alone, twice as many subscribers as WoW ever had and still growing. Same game recently released internationally about a month or so ago, but didn't quite catch on in the west as badly as it did in the east.
    What does this have to do with WoW?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What does this have to do with WoW?
    he is predicting a reported loss in subs tomorrow due to a new popular game in china claiming WoW players.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Q1 Prediction....

WoW will have lost a lot of subscribers in the east because of a smash hit MMO that released there ...
    Ah I see. I could see that happening.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Age of Wushu released... which has completely murdered WoW subscriptions in Asia by now.

Age of Wushu became the world's biggest mmo release with 20 million VIP subscribers in China alone, twice as many subscribers as WoW ever had and still growing. Same game recently released internationally about a month or so ago, but didn't quite catch on in the west as badly as it did in the east.
    I assume this means Blizzard can't prop up the subscriber count with the chinese numbers anymore.
    It's going to be really interesting to see how the numbers look without the chinese ones thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    EU is doing great, servers are 10x as busy atm then they were in cata, EU isn't the problem.
    Asia/China is atm :P
    I'm not sure. Recruiting people in one of the biggest EU realms gets harder and harder.

I predict less than 9 million subs (~8.7-8.9m). It's always hard to predict the numbers because of the chinese players. Even if they only play 1 hour/month, they count towards the "active" subscribers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Ah I see. I could see that happening.
    And haters will proclaim WoW officially dead.

Actually, that does explain all the action to merge Korean servers.