Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    As I said, Titanfall is also PC (and as many others as a lot of people have said before, in fact I am sure that a lot of them will get ported) and it isn't that hard to upgrade the pc at all. Heck, before I upgraded my CPU to the intel i5-3550, I only spent 500 bucks and even then my computer was already better than the 180.

And Sony has naughty dog so that is just 100x better than most of them anyway xD.

Besides, it is very useless to talk about how well each of them will do because the system hasn't been released. I personally think the 180 won't do that well.
    I personally think they will do both just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    Cant see xbone do as well as the 360 has by a long shot but it will get by.

I really hope that since both consoles are going to be exceptionally similar to PC's that mods for games like Skyrim and Witcher will make their way onto the consoles as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I really hope that since both consoles are going to be exceptionally similar to PC's that mods for games like Skyrim and Witcher will make their way onto the consoles as well.
    I doubt it. They'd either need to release modding tools for the consoles (lol) or they'd need to allow for PC mods to be brought over...and considering how both consoles are closed systems that require every damn thing that goes onto them to go through endless certification processes, I'd be surprised if they allow that : /

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I think so too. My guess is both wont do as well as the previous generation because the jump(graphics, features,...) is not as big this time and they got very similar to a PC.

But they will both get along and thats good. Competition always benefits the customer.

Deleted
    I never get this "x console is more powerful than y console blah blah im a nerd and I can detect and extra 6 pixels my game has over yours" etc etc.. how many people run xbox and ps side by side in their living room with same game and can actually "spot" the difference between each game huh??? anyone??? nah thought not.... who da fukk cares. if you like x or y console then go buy x or y console or gtfo nerdys ;p
    ive never given a shit about grafix n shit, I play games I like to play that interest me and grab me. I care not if the snes had a few more colors than my megadrive ;p

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    I never get this "x console is more powerful than y console blah blah im a nerd and I can detect and extra 6 pixels my game has over yours" etc etc.. how many people run xbox and ps side by side in their living room with same game and can actually "spot" the difference between each game huh??? anyone??? nah thought not.... who da fukk cares. if you like x or y console then go buy x or y console or gtfo nerdys ;p
    ive never given a shit about grafix n shit, I play games I like to play that interest me and grab me. I care not if the snes had a few more colors than my megadrive ;p
    I thought the same but after playing on the PC and then returning to console gaming I've realized that the consoles are horribly outdated. They lack the aesthetics of the previous console generation that have games that I still love playing despite terrible graphics. The games on current gen consoles TRY to look good and in fact use that as a selling point but the fall terribly short. I can see the ridiculously pixelated shadows, the horribly rendered walls, the obvious need for even 2x anti-aliasing in a lot of games nowadays that try to cover the pixelated edges up with bloom which only makes the game look worse (I hate bloom so this is an imo).

These are things WoW, a game from the tail end of the previous console generation, does better than current gen console games even on medium-high settings which barely require pc components worth the price of current gen consoles.

I agree though that the difference between the consoles themselves are entirely negligible.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-06-23 at 07:34 PM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    yes I see your point defo people seem to care more about "specs" than how a game actually plays and feels but then this has been the focal point of gaming since the NES/master system days lol. I agree WoW on the other hand has timeless grafix and that's because it suits the game perfectly. WoW would be awful if it had grafix like rift etc (which are horrible btw).
    Consoles are not what they once were it seems. Consoles used to be the quick fix fun solution to gaming without the need to install for ages, update components constantly to play the new game thats just come out and let you sit on your settee to play with friends instead of in the corner of your living room on your pc behind the door ;p

Consoles nowadays are trying to be tooooo much it seems. I only bought a console to play games and that's all, games !!!. I don't want to watch tv or any of the other crap on a console that I can do much easier on my pc or heck even watch tv on my tv heh ;p.. as much as I like console gaming (or used to, kind of bored with consoles and gaming in general atm ;p midlife crisis much lol) I highly doubt ill be buying xbox one or ps4, they seem a bit pointless nowadays... the niche has gone for me..

With the exception of those rare mods that MIGHT (and I can't stress might enough) be added in DLC through the actual developer I wouldn't hold my breath.

Why would any company set the precedent that they can allow user made content in their games? Then how would they over-charge us for DLC?

Well I hope the PS4 takes full advantage of it's more powerful hardware. It'd be a shame if they didn't.

But the hardware isn't that better, it's a tiny bit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this pretty much sums up the Xbox One discussions and any console war in general:

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post

Why would any company set the precedent that they can allow user made content in their games? Then how would they over-charge us for DLC?
    Bethesda's been releasing DLC while having an exceptional modding community with content rivaling the best DLC's on the market. It can work.

Deleted
    Apologies if this was posted before, do we know if there will be a wired controller?

Bethesda's been releasing DLC while having an exceptional modding community with content rivaling the best DLC's on the market. It can work.
    On PC. I have a feeling that has more to do with it being incredibly difficult to restrict modding on PC whereas on console it's extremely easy to do so.

I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, just saying that it's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    Apologies if this was posted before, do we know if there will be a wired controller?
    The controller is both wired and wireless.

When you hook it up with the wire then then wireless radios get turned completely off. When you unhook the wire then the controller becomes completely wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well I hope the PS4 takes full advantage of it's more powerful hardware. It'd be a shame if they didn't.

But the hardware isn't that better, it's a tiny bit better.
    Xbox fills the hardware gap with gimmicky memory architechture, though, which will be much harder to exploit to its full potential in the long run. Developers will find it much easier to fully utilize PS4's one big chunk of fast memory.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 04:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    On PC. I have a feeling that has more to do with it being incredibly difficult to restrict modding on PC whereas on console it's extremely easy to do so.

I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, just saying that it's highly unlikely.
    The modding is actually a great business plan. It gives their games unprecedented longevity and allows the user to tailor his experience for him, making it attractive to far wider audience. Hell, Oblivion is still in the top 100 steam games and that came out in what, 2006?

But modding on consoles? Nah. Not as long as even putting a patch online costs developers 20.000$, plus it's a level of freedom traditionally not found on consoles and which console companies do not want their player to have. They fear it'd open the foodgates and make all sorts of hacking easier, and they aren't completely wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think this pretty much sums up the Xbox One discussions and any console war in general:

Haha. This video is brilliant

10+ Year Old Account
    The mod scene is yet another reason why I won't be shelling out £400 on a next gen, I love making changes to my games and the consoles won't be allowing any of that I'm sure. Get me a cheap ps3 for the next FIFA games and last of us and stick to upgrading my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Xbox fills the hardware gap with gimmicky memory architechture, though, which will be much harder to exploit to its full potential in the long run. Developers will find it much easier to fully utilize PS4's one big chunk of fast memory.
    Microsoft always does better on the tool side of development than Sony, no reason to think this generation should be any different. Still, even if the memory was hard to develop for you have it a bit backwards, it would be hard to develop for in the short run, but in the long run people would get used to it as we saw with the PS3 being hard to develop for.

Still I think it is hard to say much here until we start seeing games on both platforms. What hardware looks like on paper seldom tells the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Microsoft always does better on the tool side of development than Sony, no reason to think this generation should be any different. Still, even if the memory was hard to develop for you have it a bit backwards, it would be hard to develop for in the short run, but in the long run people would get used to it as we saw with the PS3 being hard to develop for.

Still I think it is hard to say much here until we start seeing games on both platforms. What hardware looks like on paper seldom tells the full story.
    The best looking game is easily Forza, but then they are pretty much known for that. Next is either Killzone Shadowfall or Ryse, both are very impressive. It is the comparisons with the multi-platform games we really need to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.