Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For me it was the dying of my realm going from raiding 10-15 hours 6 days a week at start to once or twice a week cause we couldnt get enough players, and the thing that there was nothing for me to do as a solo player, I was exalted with all the factions and had made about 200k gold ( gifted like 100k at least to guild bank and 50 k to my brother) When the changes came to the lowermost zone I didnt find those quests any fun at all so I didnt do them and as I said my raid was kind of dying and I didnt want to change guild. So i decided it was time to quit again ... ( first time i quit was (vanilla - Wrath i played) then i quit played again in wraith ( quit again played again in wrath, and then quit and played at start of cata then quit again and started at beginning of mop)

After 6 or so years, all i do these days is logg in for about 10 mins then logg out, maybe im just at the age im getting skullfkn bored with video games though, honestly nothing suprises atm.

The daily grind / rep grind is way more than any other expansion, so many factions to grind.

LFR, LFG, and the getting rid of separate raid lockouts. Absolutely destroyed the community on my server, and it went from being a high pop one to a low-medium one so now there isn't even people left to make a community. I am not paying 25$ to Xfer because blizzard fucked up. Cataclysm was a cataclysm of the game for me.

Most of the community thinking trolling is cool.

What Cata turned into and while the raids look nice MOP being 90% Asian themed annoyed me after awhile.

Finally to me no MMO is worth 15$ a month anymore if wow went F2p/B2p I would come back play it a lot and if there was a cash shop every once in awhile maybe buy something but as it stands there is way to many good f2p/b2p MMO's to be subbed to one anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The constant bitching by other players that stated they were drove away from WoW. Eventually I decided that the only way to be cool was to bitch on forums about what Blizzard, Activision, GC had done to me personally and how it drove me away from the game. I was driven away by the countless threads here on MMO-C hoping someday to be just like them. You've won random forum poster #265873 I never would have seen WoW's faults had it not been for you. Thank you so very much.

Gear for money driving me away

The intelligent and well-reasoned arguments from players who claimed to no longer play the game but still post in forums for the education of others.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I quit today after a loooooong time. I actually really like the game but posted to Germany in Oct so thought might as well cancel till next expansion. Game ain't all bad just to much to do now. When i login, i spend about 20 minutes trying to think about what to do next :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    *That doesn't give any sort of advantage whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    *That doesn't give any sort of advantage whatsoever.
    Maybe their righteous anger at seeing the innocuous articles causes their gameplay to deteriorate?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    The fact that it's not a MMORPG anymore.
    This is essentially why I quit as well. There are a lot of people sure, but it's not the mmo model that it was founded on.

Class homogenization, I was an alt holic and every class feels the same now, PvP changes/balance/pace is all terrible, no worth while rewards killed arena participation, changing it to each win giving a fixed amount of conquest points instead of a percentage made getting capped for the week tedious and killed the thought of gearing alts, andddd all my friends quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Pandas. Still find them disgusting. Will consider returning if the next expansion is Burning Crusade related.
    Seriously, dafuq? The lore and music in Pandaria is fucking boss, give valid reasons.

I quit because there was no support for cross-realm arena and my first realm was dead and my new one unbalanced. Of those 3 the 2 former are being fixed, not sure about the last one... I have resubscribed because of it being worked on though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I was driven away from WoW over the fact that I came to the realization that its a game for suckers and a total time waste. You gear up. Patch comes out. Replaced. Waste more time regearing. New patch. Gear replaced. Now watch as some brainless idiots comes to say " Brah that's how all MMO's Work, If that's the case they are all they all a waste of time"

all that I can say to that isreally? Cause my gears on quite a few MMO's have been the same for years. BiS is BiS. I don't class it as " I am done" If anything knowing I am top geared makes me always com back and play for stuff. Same can be said for Diablo 3. Been top geared for 9 month. Still fun to play. I still get on and play all the time. Yeah 1 day my gear will get replaced. That's fine i'd rather have my gear for 1 year/2 years+ rather than have to replace every 3 month.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    guild died.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in particular. I often pause the game for a few months because ot simply got bored. Additionally, I often pause when either have exams or my guild dies (which happend a few times over the years). I then don't play the game (because, as said, it bored me), but still read some of the news. And most times (well, everytime till now at least and most likely this time again) after a few months I start playing the game again.

So the main reason is probably simply that I got fed up with the game as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    being driven away because of cosmetic items that increase someone else enjoyment of the game is a poor excuse for anything.

Deleted
    My rated battleground team changed servers and I couldn't join them at the time. Also burned out on raiding.

I'm sure I'll resubscribe about a month before the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Seriously, dafuq? The lore and music in Pandaria is fucking boss, give valid reasons.

I quit because there was no support for cross-realm arena and my first realm was dead and my new one unbalanced. Of those 3 the 2 former are being fixed, not sure about the last one... I have resubscribed because of it being worked on though.
    Not that I agree with them, but the Chinese expansion is a failure to impress. If I wanted an Asian MMO I would play Guildwars2