Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They're going to turn Hearthstone into a RL money gambling game?
    Nope, Hearthstone gives out rewards. Not in the end money gambling. You can play Hearthstone without any investment of money to buy decks/cards and just have your starter kit.

It wont yield money, nor take money if you don't wish to. The ingame currency is all you need to go around.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The difference is that the Blizzard coins serve to pay for all Blizzard's games.

So WOW can be subscription based and stay with pure FLUFF items, while F2P Hearthstone can grow within a pure F2P system.

That's a HUGE difference./
    So for GW2 to use the system only to support GW2 funding = garbage B2P system that needs to diaf, all hail sub based games.

But if Anet released a ccg or moba that also sold goods in a cross game cash shop for gems = stroke of genius, system is now the most fully realized vision of human genius EVER.

BenBos hypocrisy and bias at its penultimate finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They're going to turn Hearthstone into a RL money gambling game?
    No because you can't sell cards, NOR trade cards, you can only craft cards on your own and try to better your deck.

In fact with 2 identical cards being the limit in a deck it is quite a casual and much less money hungry game than other CCG's like MTG.

IF it is any good, I can see tournaments though and I think they talked about weekly competitions.

Coins would be a great way to motivate this kind of play.

Don't worry, Blizzard will still get money from the thing, but it won't cost you 25.000 dollars in 6 years like some of my friends invested in Magic the Gathering.

Uh. I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the OP is wrong. In Hearthstone you use GOLD to buy things, and that gold is ONLY used to buy card packs.

The "in-game store" model we've seen strings datamined for uses Battle Coins.

If you honestly think you could play your games in Hearthstone to buy your cosmetic helmet in WoW, you're sadly mistaken.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

The difference is that the Blizzard coins serve to pay for all Blizzard's games.

So WOW can be subscription based and stay with pure FLUFF items, while F2P Hearthstone can grow within a pure F2P system.

That's a HUGE difference./
    Hmm...Gems in GW2 (or other similar currency in other games) allow you to pay money (virtual or real), get gems, and spend gems on (vanity) items in-game.
    Battle coins allow you to buy vanity items, we have no source on how to obtain them, but they will be used in place of real-life currency for the current store.

So...where's the difference? They fill the exact same role, potentially will be obtained in the same way, and can be used for the same purpose. Yet apparently because Blizzard has multiple games which they may be valid for, it's completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    So for GW2 to use the system only to support GW2 funding = garbage B2P system that needs to diaf, all hail sub based games.

But if Anet released a ccg or moba that also sold goods in a cross game cash shop for gems = stroke of genius, system is now the most fully realized vision of human genius EVER.

BenBos hypocrisy and bias at its penultimate finest.
    The fact is that GW2 is an MMORPG. While Blizzard coins covers ALL of their games and doesn't spoil the WOW subscribers with stats on gear. That's for the REAL free to play games like Hearthstone.

As such I find GW2 a hollow shell of an MMORPG as it doesn't have open world and was CHEAPLY made as there isn't even fast travel or open world travel unless you think that jumping through yet another loading screen is IMMERSIVE.

That's my Pet Peevee with GW2: cheaply made and hyped through the roof with things that went back instead of forward.

I couldn't care less with their stats on gear cash shop (you even got stats on gear when ordering the instanced game).

At least in a Blizzard game I know I have polish and long term commitment and planning.

And with the new coins system and VR in patch 5.4.... it is bye bye to all other wannabees again.

if that hurts, you're welcome : this is supposed to be a WOW discussion pannel. The GW2 moderators would have closed your remark and banned you within seconds btw. So this is WOW, and the usual hate simply starts kicking in, both against Blizz, the game and of course the fans.

Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Tbh, unless they f**k this up real hard.
    It actually sounds like a good system.
    Get coins slowly but steady for playing their games and buy some vanity items for their games with them. Or just spend money and get coins that way.

Deleted
    fuck no, this is gay, I dont want secondary currency purchasable with real money in my favorite mmo

The fact is that GW2 is an MMORPG. While Blizzard coins covers ALL of their games and doesn't spoil the WOW subscribers with stats on gear. That's for the REAL free to play games like Hearthstone.

As such I find GW2 a hollow shell of an MMORPG as it doesn't have open world and was CHEAPLY made as there isn't even fast travel or open world travel unless you think that jumping though yet another loading screen is IMMERSIVE.
    And gems don't allow you to buy power in GW2, so there's no "spoil[ing] the [players] with stats on gear" as you put it.

As for zoning/loading screens...I guess you sit in pandaria all day, doing nothing but killing and dailies, never going into instances or back to any other region of the game (or even hearthing) in WoW, because you never see loading screens, amirite?

The bias is strong in this one.

This thread just proves to me that people just hear what they want to hear, even when the OP is so retardedly wrong.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The bias is strong in this one.
    "BenBos" is the MMO Champion's synonym for "bias". Also allow me to spoil the conclusion of this thread: Battle Coins are the new HOLY GRAIL of payment models.

Deleted
    It would be good if this was the case; but this is just speculation on the OP's part with no sources to back anything up at all. The datamined strings on MMOC here are from WoW's client, not Hearthstone's.

I love how people are making up things about the battle coins and labeling it as fact. Nothing has been announced at all and the fact that some of you are justifying the store with "OH IT'S BECAUSE THEY WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY THEIR OTHER GAMES ITS OKAY NOWWW" is extremely lackluster.

The store is just that.. A store. You can still buy the items with real life money and I guarentee you their main goal was to milk more from the consumer. And before you say something stupid like "it's a business they are supposed to want to make money", remember it is NOT OKAY for ANY business to do WHATEVER it takes just to make money. Business or otherwise and morals aside, it's still poor business to mislead a consumer and resell content.

Stop letting people rob you and smiling about it.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    "BenBos" is the MMO Champion's synonym for "bias". Also allow me to spoil the conclusion of this thread: Battle Coins are the new HOLY GRAIL of payment models.
    Don't forget that when he turns out to be wrong, he'll be flaming this idea he had (because, of course, something that's similar to GW2 gems is going to be bad if it's not exactly what Blizzard does, but is perfect if Blizzard does it), and claiming he had the right idea all along.

A long time ago wow was the game where everything you had was earned by your character's hard work.
    Now you can earn yourself mounts, pets, visual effects, achievements and whatever else they sell in blizzstore, without even logging into the game.

It's not like I'm complaining. RMAH in d3 for example allows you to buy gear with real life money. You can get top gear without ever killing any monsters.
    So it's still not that bad in wow.

I just don't understand it. Maybe I'm getting too old.
    I'm not asking for much. I just want to play in fair environment where players actually earn things, not buy them.

Are people really going to care if you can buy heroic dungeon gear or whatever with money?

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    No , the Holy Grail stays with the new VR play.

That was awesome (and predicted many moons ago that it would be implemented before the end of the year (AH's and Guild play) btw...) as it will change MMORPG play for ever.

The combo play (get a subscription and receive X packs of HS ... and subscription of a Battlenet service was the second priority on my list).

But this is a very nice third one I might add A common currency to promote Blizzard games: nice one. I didn't see this coming.

It is not so much the fact that the cash shop uses coins, it is the smart link between different games AND paying methods (subs game - F2P games - B2P ? BAS) that is interesting for a Blizzard player.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 02:58 PM.

ITT: we still don't know everything, yet continue to speculate madly.

That about cover it?

It looks to me, as others have said, that the coins are used to buy things from the in game item store but you have to purchase the coins I would not be surprised if this is in order for WOW to keep its teen rating

Funniest trolling ever lol.

My 2 cents?

This is most likely a blizzard Asia thing. As that's the market the "new" blizzard shop is being built for.

I'd be surprised if we got this here.

Also, just because blizzard say something does not mean we get it.

I wish I had the ability to literally piece together nothing from nothing.

Made for a good laugh.