Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people still posting here? It was proven fake already long time ago...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's just fake... what is that raptor spec for the warrior supposed to be?
    Looks more like a dragon to me so could make you into a dragon or whatever else you can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    well looks nice, so would love it too be true <3 but wont happen so /cry pretty sure it's fake

Guys, what's funny is that this could be very very VERY real...and 4th specs still might never happen. The next expansion is early in its development process and Blizz often toys around with systems and ideas, actually builds things to try them out, and then scraps them if they don't think it's gunna fit within the game right.

Alpha or pre alpha stuff from blizz should be considered non-existant because you never know what will never happen

It's the icon of Dragon Roar. So, probably some Shout-based bard type spec, loosely based on the Dovahkiin.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Guys, what's funny is that this could be very very VERY real...and 4th specs still might never happen. The next expansion is early in its development process and Blizz often toys around with systems and ideas, actually builds things to try them out, and then scraps them if they don't think it's gunna fit within the game right.

Alpha or pre alpha stuff from blizz should be considered non-existant because you never know what will never happen
    The expansions been worked on for years. Its nowhere close to beginning of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    Its a viking spec. Gets bonusses for wearing no armor.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    looks fake, i think blizzard would create new icons, not use existing ones, and the spacing on the bottom row is different.

Just for boredom sake, let's pretend its real. Then that would mean that those icons are place holders until they could create new icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    The tinker class I would believe because to me it is the next logical "evolution" in classes but adding a fourth spec to all the classes (except druids)made me LOL. They can't even balance classes with 3 specs adding another one would be a nightmare for them. Unless of course the 4th spec would be strictly PvP only and the current specs would be strictly PvE (I guess I can only dream of separating PVP and PVE)
    I'm right along with you in dreaming of the separation of PVP and PVE. I'm sick of one being nerfed into the dirt because of crybabies in the other. >>
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-07-31 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I've never played rift, but I can't imagine support being interesting.
    It is interesting in Rift.

are you happy being just the class that makes everyone else work better?
    Yes, if it's fun to play. Coincidentally that's exactly what it is in Rift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    LOL; how awful actually. Monk get new icons, while this supposed Tinker class get re-used, yea right. Go off a fork!
    That doesn't prove anything. When DK's were in alpha and beta many of their abilities had old icons.

Deleted
    Blizz already have enough trouble trying to balance classes and 3 specs at the moment, so why on earth would they add a fourth spec to EACH class then add another new class as well? Does not make sense. But to be honest, a lot of Blizzard's decisions don't make sense.

I think it's just a fake though. Would be nice for another spec to be added, would mix it up and re-invigurate WoW a little but I don't think it will ever happen.

Deleted
    Wowgasm altough I like the demon hunter class more than a tinkerer

Deleted
    I'd love a support class. It's always fun to play one, but I don't see it working well in wow as it is right now. It could easily be either mandatory in pve progression or just useless, once you've done the maths on it... And the "bring the player not the class" policy is gone.
    I've tried to figure out a class with low duration buffs on the single targets, and longer duration buffs as CDs. The boost every buff gives to the target is converted in buffer's output, so you can play a dps buffer that does more dps the more it helps the other damage dealer increasing theirs, and same thing as a healing buffer.
    I think the idea is cool, but it's overkill once the raid gets the equip.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It is interesting in Rift.

Yes, if it's fun to play. Coincidentally that's exactly what it is in Rift.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't prove anything. When DK's were in alpha and beta many of their abilities had old icons.
    Controller/Support in DCUOnline is also well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    I'd like to touch one the last part of the paragraph. As we know playing new classes is one of the most exhilirating things you can do in a game just the trial and error part of figuring out your class, getting sweet new abilites gives you goals to keep on playing, discovering things that you cannot achieve with other classes all of that is a grand recipe for a load of happiness. Which equals to people subbing. Seriously one of the reasons why WotLK even received the amount of subscribers as it did was more because of the DK and not the content. if not 100% then 99% of the people were rolling DKs. They were originally gonna implent a necro class in vanilla but they scrapped it so this was the closest thing they could get 2 a necro.
    Exactly. I agree with this 100%.

Imagine the thrill of coming back to your favorite toon that you abandoned because it was stale, to find a whole spec/role waiting for you to live again. It's a plan with a built in "hero class" because of toons that veteran players already have at high levels. We can get classes that weren't strong to support three specs on their own: warlocks get demon hunter melee specs, etc.

Do this plus the model revamp and you have no need for the traditional new race or new class: everything new is classic content enhanced. This is what we want right?

While I think the original image is fake, the concept is solid. I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    Here is my list of what I believe they'd be:

Warrior - Dragoon (Aerial attack spec)
    Mage - Blood (Blood spells)
    Rogue - Warden (like night elf wardens, wear heavier armor)
    Druid - no change
    Hunter - Shadow Hunter (Stealth and shadow attacks)
    Shaman - Geomancy (Possible tank spec with earth based spells)
    Priest - Twilight (Another dps tree)
    Warlock - Demon Hunting (Demon form tank spec)
    Paladin - Judicator (Paladin Dual Wield Spec)
    Death Knight - Corruption (Rot and bug minions)
    Monk - Wardance - (AOE DPS)

And I'd have to say the new class would be a Tinker with the following specs:
    Petrol - Oil based spec, possible tank spec as it would be based on slowing enemies and weakening them
    Energy - DOT based DPS
    Beam - Possible healing spec using lazers
    Explosive - Burst DPS with explosives

Probably fake. But if they do 4th spec, should be more like this:

Warrior - Blademaster; dps spec. Monks got brewmaster in a spec, blizz could probably make this work for warriors in the same way.

Mage - Blood Mage; Healing spec

Priest - Cleric; holy dps spec

Warlock - Tank spec as demon form, like druids in bear form. Have no idea what the spec would be called. Some people would say demon hunter but that would be stupid considering night elfs can't be warlocks. Illidan was the first demon hunter, correct me if i'm wrong. Also most demon hunters we see in the game are nelfs. Blizz should save demon hunter as another class, hero class to be exact.

Hunter - Dark Ranger; ranged dps spec. Blizz should revamp BM spec to be a melee dps spec with beast like abilities, still using a pet too, think Rexxar like. The Beast Within ability would turn u into a beast man, similar to warlocks with metamorphosis. Dualwielding fist weapons, daggers, swords, and/or axes. Pets in BM spec would be stronger than the other specs. Survival could be melee spec too, and converted to a tank spec. Marks would stay the same, mainly because it's basically the ranger. Well as the dark ranger spec would be like Marks but a darker version of it, like shadow abilities, shadow arrows or something like that.

Paladin - Avenger; Caster dps spec

Rogue - Range dps spec, different from hunter. Where hunters use guns/bows/crossbows, this spec would use shurikens, throwing daggers, maybe small axes that u throw, and anything else they can throw at people. Combat should be revamp to a tank spec and Sub should be the only spec with stealth. Assassination would stay the same, could be improved a little without stealth. I say the stealth thing mainly because I feel its cheap in pvp and rogues rely on it way too much. Be nice to see a rogue not be consider the cheap class. Plus would add more variety to rogues.

Monk - Red Crane; Caster dps spec

Death Knight - Necromancer; Caster dps spec. The ghoul could be use as a pet or maybe new ghoul pet.

Shaman - Earth Warden; Tank spec.

Druid - Nothing unless they really want to add a 5th spec, making druids that much more special.

Tinker - Tank spec - Healer spec - Melee dps spec - Range dps spec; Could use guns in this spec, no crossbow or bows though too high tech for those weapons.

Deleted
    Well, i guess that's a wait & see, but if i recall correctly, blizzard been talking about a buff role, could be made into a 4th spec to some class, and other class who doesn't get buff spec get another, to have 4 spec too.

Here is the quote taken from MMO-champ front page, under ghostcrawler interview : "If a fourth class role was ever implemented, it might provide buffs or support, but it would be a big change to the game and is very unlikely to happen. "

Seeing they talked about it, i guess it's planned, as they otherwise wouldn't have even talked about it...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levitt View Post
    I think I made this in a graphic design class back in high school.
    Hey, so did my friend!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post

Is a 4th spec a possibility ? Yes.
    Is this image possibly genuine ?
    No chance in hell.

The same poster had several days before posted a discussion of several spec ideas, which by some huge coincidence bear a significant resemblance [/sarcasm] in themes to those "leaked" a short time later in that image.

If you are trying to communicate a list of specs per class, then there are far easier ways to do it without an image which really leaves a lot of room for interpretation.
    Placing icons on the action bars, screenshotting, and then some minor editing.
    Far better done as text.

It was a fake, and one made intentionally vague so that many of the popular ideas could be interpreted from it, but without coming straight out and stating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Antak View Post
    Well, i guess that's a wait & see, but if i recall correctly, blizzard been talking about a buff role, could be made into a 4th spec to some class, and other class who doesn't get buff spec get another, to have 4 spec too.

Here is the quote taken from MMO-champ front page, under ghostcrawler interview : "If a fourth class role was ever implemented, it might provide buffs or support, but it would be a big change to the game and is very unlikely to happen. "

Seeing they talked about it, i guess it's planned, as they otherwise wouldn't have even talked about it...
    "very unlikely to happen" - seems you ignored that part completely, perhaps not wanting to accept it.
    Blizzard discussed elsewhere that they did not like the model where a class was brought for the purpose of a buff, mentioning Shaman and some other class (maybe druid ?) as specific examples.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-01 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it real but I doubt it.