Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The sandals...really?

So we only do normal modes etc etc

I'm pretty well geared now, but I need some new boots... AMR claims the Falling Blossom Sandals (spirit) are better than the boots(treads that have hit/mastery)?!

I'm guessing it'd because of the Haste.

Should I waste the Haunting (we have over 50) or make the treads?

Thanks!

oh and
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

just in case.
    Last edited by pvw1075; 2013-08-07 at 12:59 AM. Reason: put what they are, oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.

I do not get the same results as you. If I swap Mastery and Haste weights (so that Mastery is 2.57 and Haste is 2.82), I get 238163 as the score for the Falling Blossom Treads, 237731 for your current boots, and 237492 for the Falling Blossom Sandals. The Treads are an upgrade, but a very small one. I think it's a waste of Haunting Spirits either way.

Edit: If I leave stat weights at the Default then Sandals are 236184, your current boots are 236512, and the Treads are 237069. Same conclusion w/ different numbers.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2013-08-07 at 03:10 AM.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    So we only do normal modes etc etc

I'm pretty well geared now, but I need some new boots... AMR claims the Falling Blossom Sandals (spirit) are better than the boots(treads that have hit/mastery)?!

I'm guessing it'd because of the Haste.

Should I waste the Haunting (we have over 50) or make the treads?

Thanks!

oh and

just in case.
    I find AMR to be a terrible terrible site >.< Along with Icyveins (even after they got "people from good guilds" to re-do their guides) and Noxxic. I simply started hating them because most of the time the "advice" is hurting people and not helping.
    If you want an upgrade, even if not that big, get the DPS boots. (That I see you all ready have... thread over! :3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I find AMR to be a terrible terrible site >.< Along with Icyveins (even after they got "people from good guilds" to re-do their guides) and Noxxic. I simply started hating them because most of the time the "advice" is hurting people and not helping.
    If you want an upgrade, even if not that big, get the DPS boots. (That I see you all ready have... thread over! :3)
    I am in the same boat.
    I have also used maxdps.com back in cata - but that site values hit above all, so the rankings gets useless pretty fast.

For gear i just go by what stats i want, and what stats i dont want. The one with better overall stats - smack em on.

Even though AMR would tell me to get an item with spirit, and that would give me the best gain, every fiber in my body says that is wrong.
    If you are to upgrade any item, never have spirit on them, and go by the most valuable and desireable stats.

Deleted
    Btw, you should really focus on your gemming. Correct gems would be a bigger upgrade than those crafted boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Actually, with no offense, I really think that most of ppl which hate AMR does not know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Actually, with no offense, I really think that most of ppl which hate AMR does not know how to use it.
    knowing 'how to use it' doesnt change anything, even when inputting correct stat values yourself its just a horrendous tool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    knowing 'how to use it' doesnt change anything, even when inputting correct stat values yourself its just a horrendous tool.
    This so much.

Quite a lot of people are clueless due to certain sites (noxxic) mainly

I used to be a big detractor of AMR, but I agree w/ JV Chequer here. If you understand the limitations and what AMR can't do, it's great at what it can do. If nothing else the gemming and reforging it does for you is best, bar none.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

No offense, but here's why I hate AMR:

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/11/h...bout-hit-caps/

I don't care how much you rationalize it. If I miss a Chaos Bolt that's powered up by 30k+ worth of intellect procs and dark soul, because my hit was at 14.99% from AMR's recommendations, and my raid subsequently wipes over it, that's still my fault. It's my fault, because I put my own e-peen and recount obsession over actually killing the boss. No two ways about it.

Following their logic, no one should actually go for the hit cap of 15% and are probably better off staying at 0% hit. I mean, it's only a 15% chance right? which means you'll hit your attacks 85% of the time. And better yet, you'll hit harder and faster since all those wasted points in hit now go to crit, or haste! Amazing, right?

Btw I love this bit:

EDIT: A revised version of this section is coming soon. This is a very common concern that “hit-cappers” bring up, but it really isn’t a good counter argument. Mr. Robot is working on a detailed mathy description of why.
    That post is almost a full year old. We're still waiting on the "mathy description" of why is it a good idea to be below the hit cap. My gut tells me there is no mathy explanation. Not capping hit is a bad idea, period.

Don't get me wrong, I think AMR is a great tool, and you're right that anyone that can use it to its fullest will benefit the most from it. But that's true of any such optimization tool. What I hate about it is this misinformation about hit, which causes players to argue with me when my hit is at 15.02% instead of 14.75% so I can have a bit more mastery rating.

AMR should be just used a a tool, not the be all end all. there have been times in the past where it was completely wrong, example: before 5.2 crit did not effect PW: Shield, but they had it factored in as doing so in 5.0 for disc priests. Take it with a grain of salt; play with chardev planner and simcraft your own character

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    No offense, but here's why I hate AMR:

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/11/h...bout-hit-caps/

I don't care how much you rationalize it. If I miss a Chaos Bolt that's powered up by 30k+ worth of intellect procs and dark soul, because my hit was at 14.99% from AMR's recommendations, and my raid subsequently wipes over it, that's still my fault. It's my fault, because I put my own e-peen and recount obsession over actually killing the boss. No two ways about it.

Following their logic, no one should actually go for the hit cap of 15% and are probably better off staying at 0% hit. I mean, it's only a 15% chance right? which means you'll hit your attacks 85% of the time. And better yet, you'll hit harder and faster since all those wasted points in hit now go to crit, or haste! Amazing, right?

Btw I love this bit:

That post is almost a full year old. We're still waiting on the "mathy description" of why is it a good idea to be below the hit cap. My gut tells me there is no mathy explanation. Not capping hit is a bad idea, period.

Don't get me wrong, I think AMR is a great tool, and you're right that anyone that can use it to its fullest will benefit the most from it. But that's true of any such optimization tool. What I hate about it is this misinformation about hit, which causes players to argue with me when my hit is at 15.02% instead of 14.75% so I can have a bit more mastery rating.

That's what I se about know how to use it, u can't use AMR as a guide, just a tool, a hint about reforging and maxing your numbers.

U can make they hit-capping you and reforging the other stats after that, it's all about how to use the AMR options.

Well, i use AMR with Reforgelite and I'm doing pretty good. It's all about opinions, some ppl does not like, some ppl like it.

~~~~~

The effectiveness of the tool depends on who is using, not the tool itself.

But again, that only my opinion, everyone have the right of have a different one and be happy and be a great player =D
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-08-07 at 08:26 PM.

The effectiveness of the tool depends on who is using, not the tool itself.
    Still the optimizing algorithm, that is used by AMR, is far from optimal. Often I got a result that was worse, than manual reforging/gemming, with the same stat weights. (I even manually inserted my solutionon their site, in order to compare it with their solution.)

The only thing I can say to this, until they improve their optimizing algorithms:
    Don't trust the robot (blindly).

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to clear a few things up

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman
    Following their logic, no one should actually go for the hit cap of 15% and are probably better off staying at 0% hit.
    That's not accurate. Hit is the top stat for DPS classes and so we get do the math to get the best score, which is always right around the hit cap. The argument we make is that going over the cap wastes stats, so sometimes being just under the cap is better. We also argue that to get EXACTLY to the cap you might have to sacrifice some of your next best stat (say Haste), whereas being 0.01% under might allow you to keep that extra Haste and instead sacrifice your worst secondary cap.

Also, you can force the hit cap, an option in the stat weight window.

Quote Originally Posted by lysakers
    Even though AMR would tell me to get an item with spirit, and that would give me the best gain, every fiber in my body says that is wrong.
    It's all about the stat weights. If you don't want spirit (as a healer), you can either lower the weight, or add a spirit cap. You can find that option in the stat weight editor.

Quote Originally Posted by killem
    Still the optimizing algorithm, that is used by AMR, is far from optimal.The only thing I can say to this, until they improve their optimizing algorithms:
    Don't trust the robot (blindly).
    There's some truth to the current (live) algorithm not being 100% perfect. We optimize some cases to the absolute best solution, while other cases are not perfect (but close). When Mr. Robot is not perfect, he's within 0.5% of the best score (and more often much, much closer). However, we wanted to find a way to get people the best score, all of the time. The challenge is combing through all of the relevant combinations of optimizations (from a few hundred billion, to quadrillions or even more), while making it fast. Well... after a ton of work, we've done it!!!!

Check out our beta optimizer, which will get you the perfect solution 100% of the time Here's more info on the beta. To use the beta, open the options menu and check the beta box on the right side of the window.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    and youve proven yet agian why i never use that peice of shit mr robot

back in cata it told me get rid of my T13 lfr shoulders and lose 4 set to get 391 shoulders from firelands off bael
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gem for haste, I have hit my last haste threshold, i'm about .4% off my hit so w/e my mastery is a lil low, but gaining, and my intelligence is on par.

I'm happy with my stats.

TO BE FAIR TO AMR, I use it as a great road map.

Thanks to the AMR rep who posted on here, good post on the defense of what you all do. I'll turn my ads back on for that site ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tsk tsk. So many people getting mad at the tool because they don't use it correctly for whatever reason. If you're so against AMR, design something better, because currently it has no real competition.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    It's all about the stat weights. If you don't want spirit (as a healer), you can either lower the weight, or add a spirit cap. You can find that option in the stat weight editor.
    Considering we are in the warlock forum, we never want spirit.
    And from logical thinking, the OP got told to get the spirit boots over the other crafted boots as a warlock and that would be a dps gain.
    EDIT: And ofc i am aware of the stat weight editor, which is very nice to play around with from time to time.

That being said, i like using AMR since it takes into account gems as well as reforges and enchants.
    And as has been said, even though AMR says be 14,98% hit, i always tweak stuff to make me hit capped.
    Its a great tool to see possible improvments, and evaluate what can be done different to optimize gear as much as possible.

As with every tool and addon for WoW (even simcraft) the numbers needs to be looked at with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Claiming that being 0.02% off the hit cap and having a chaos bolt miss might cause a wipe (seriosuly, wtf, probably one of the worst straw men arguments ive heard in a while) just sounds beyond asinine.

Usually it boils down to something like EITHER
    14,95% hit OR
    15,15%+

missing 0.05 % of the time or having 68 more mastery which is what, 0.25% more damage to everything (as destro)? Why is this even a choice, mastery is better here.

1:1 hit is always best. It's when youre giving up mastery/haste at more than 1:2 or 1:3 that being under the hit cap is a real option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    missing 0.05 % of the time or having 68 more mastery which is what, 0.25% more damage to everything (as destro)? Why is this even a choice, mastery is better here. .
    except 0.05% versus 0.25% would only apply if you cast 1 spell which caused identical damage every time, which has and never will happen in WoW. if you are unlucky enough to miss a 1.2million damage Chaos Bolt, or a 1.5million damage Shadowburn with Havoc up, you will lose substantially more DPS than if you had a fraction more Mastery. maybe you'll miss two Conflagrates during a fight and be down 6 stacks of Backdraft. conversely, you might never miss a single spell, or miss a single Incinerate with no spell power buffs up and not even notice. you might lose a few ticks of Rain of Fire.

RNG means you can't apply a flat % to missing hit. you either take the gamble or you don't.