Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Whenever we get a new ''best expansion'' thread, it would be a lot more interesting if Cata got left out. Ofcourse that expansion will be called the worst by a landslide.
    Some people are not blinded by nostalgia and/or actually have different opinions. Shocking, I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Something tells me those 100+ votes for MoP either didn't play the expac or just saw the Pandas and gave a vote for it.
    It isnt that good mate but its all about opinion I can honestly say i havent enjoyed raiding in this expansion. I love Warcraft but i just dont know if i can trust Blizzard to satisfy my enjoyment level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

Like I already said, compared to what MoP had brought to the game so far, I don't think that TBC can hold a candle in comparison.
    I didn't really like the dungeons, didn't like the lore, didn't like the raids (apart from Kara and maybe Illidan) and also PvP (arenas) was ok but not that great.
    Well nobody would agree with you here.....Most think Kara is the best raid ever and it was a TBC raid. most think Arena were the best and most radical pvp change ever, and it happened only in TBC, the other expansions maybe had a good raid too, like wrath with ulduar and icc, but thats it.

Also the diversity in zones in cataclysm is unchallenged yet. Only a Azshara and N'Zoth expansion will maybe contest it. Starting in MOP with just 1 greenish zone with most quests "kill x to collect y" really felt generic and degenerated.

Although Cataclysm sucked balls, I think Wrath was the worst.
    Naxx was hideously easy and lasted too long. ToC was horrible. ICC also lasted too long as it was fun the first few times but then started to get boring. WoTLK introduced the 15 minute AoE fest heroic dungeons. WoTLK introduced the dreaded LFD that completely obliterated my realm's community. WoTLK removed attunements.

The only thing right WoTLK did was that class balance in both PVP (Not counting the S5 Holy Paladin/DK fiasco) and PVE improved. During sunwell, pures such as Warlocks and Rogues were doing 2,800dps while hybrids such as druids and priests were barely breaking 2,000dps (priests were closer to 1,500dps). Additionally, BC had those dreaded and insanely overpowered MS warriors, SL/SL locks, Resto Druids, and those 4/5 S4 4/8 T6 Warglaives rogues.

Cataclysm was probably the weakest, but it was a necessary evil. They had to redo much of the old world. But they focused too much on this goal, and forgot to do amazing new content.
    Or maybe (but this is more a conspiracy theory) they tried to see how well WoW could do when they don't work as much on content as before. After the success of WoTLK this may be plausible. Hence recycled content and boring raids. But it didn't work out well as we saw.

I say Cataclysm the "you get only 5 more levels" and poor plot killed it for me could have been WAY more epic especially DS the only good thing i'll remember from cata were BWD boss mechanics wich were actually fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Cataclsym. While I did enjoy it thanks to things like rated BGs, it had a ton of problems that needed to be addressed.

As for my second choice, it would be TBC. A lot of people may have enjoyed that expansion a ton, but if we are going to look at what the expansion brought us as of today, it has singlehandedly the most criticized features that have created very troublesome design problems that hurt the game in the end. These features being flying and Arenas.

Also, I hated that expansion for what it did to lore (the way Illidan was handled in the expansion was a great insult to the character. No wonder people want him back, me included). Not to mention how it butchered a lot of stuff I found enjoyable in Vanilla like the removal of title ranks in PvP, making BGs pretty much obsolete compared to Arenas, as well as the way some of the PvE content was handled which I think Vanilla did better. Also, I am still not completely over the fact that they removed the Vanilla Seal system for Paladins.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was like watching an obese, smelly, ugly neckbeard trying to hit on a sexy, beautiful, woman.

Deleted
    Even though it pains me, I say Cata aswell. It had lot of potential and all that, but got screwed over because of all that scrapped content and stuff.

My list from best to worst

Vanilla
    Wrath
    BC
    Cata
    Mop
    (been here since right around Since the last few months of vanilla).

Vanillla content to me (did not raid) was great. It was time consuming, and challenging. I loved the lore and questlines of the original 60 content. Yes, some stuff has gotten better, mostly in the mechanics of the game. I am very glad that we can autoloot (and aoe looting is genius) and I can't imagine ever having to have ammo on my hunter, but I like a game that IS slow to level. It makes it last longer, and it will keep subscriptions up.

What's not to love about Wrath? A boss who is in the world content so many times you just wanted to beat the shit out of him for making you sit through 10 minute quest conversations. The raids were good, albeit sometimes difficult (or impossible at the beginning). It was a whole new continent that you didnt' have to magically portal away to get too. Dalaran was better than Shat, and the quests were amazing.

BC was great. It was my first introduction to Dungeons, as I had not done any previously and only quested. I found them to be enjoyful, difficult, and over all fun to play. Heroics were difficult, and I loved the attunement quests needed to progress through them, as well as the reputation system needed to even enter heroics. It made more sense to me to have this kind of gated structure in place. It slowed down progression and made the game last longer.

Cata for me wasn't bad. I spent the majority of this expansion leveling alts. I was really upset when cata changed everything. For me i would have loved to see azeroth stay the same, and when you hit 80, THEN have it change and have quests shooting all over the damn world, in and out of zones, etc. This would have made more sense lorewise, and it would prevent high level toons from attacking low level, etc. It would put wow on a timeline as a game, rather than all in one "kill illidan, but here's deathwing" and I thought it would have made a great separation.

My least favorite is Mop. The dailies burned me out way too fast. I'm not a fan of Pagodas and pandas, and the 5 mans just seem, odd. Don't know how to explain it. In all previous expansions, I looked forward to running 5 mans constantly, BC was best for this, but in Pandaland, From the start with the brewery and the rabbits, I knew this was not for me. I also do not like the spirit of harmony bind to character deal and all the farming. Too much time wasted on one toon, only to have it wasted when I wanted to work on a profession in another. Couple that with an off feeling of "who is the thunder king, why do i care, and why do i have to kill him". I also thought that IF garrosh is going to be the final boss, then why the hell are we still in orgrimmar?!?! city should have been off limits post 5.3. Horde should have been forced to relocate to UC, Silvermoon, or Thunderbluff. It makes no logical sense that we are going to Kill garrosh while we can go stand next to him in his building.

Over all, not a huge fan of MOP. Absolutely hate it for it being so cheesy, and non logical. But, I am sticking with wow, because I know next expansion they will redeem themselves. I just wish they would return to either A, rep system they had in BC to enter heroics, or B, tabard system. Both of these, while time consuming, are a hell of a lot better than dailies. If I hit max level, the last thing I want to do is go quest, I want to kill shit, big shit, bad shit, shit that is not a bunny.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm. It really didn't 'excite' me at all. I cannot really say that Mists of Pandaria have done that as well, but at least I've played way more in MoP than I did in Cataclysm.

Deleted
    MoP without doubt for me. for some reason it doesn't have that wow feeling at all, all rather laboured and boring with rubbish boring lore and things to do, the dungeons are cack, the raids lack something, that baddies are just bad., just feels it came at the wrong time maybe I dunno but I just cant get into them Mogu and oriental themes...
    Cata also wasn't that great with the disjointed zones and the fucktard end boss that is Mr Lame Ass Deathwing but having played MoP I much prefer Cata to MoP...

I also think all the changes since end of WOLTK have made Cata and MoP bad, its all samey samey rubbishness. ive had literally no fun playing at all in MoP...

(why am I still here then you ask??? cos I waiting to see if the new xpac will excite me ;p if not then heyhoooo)

15+ Year Old Account
    the cataclysm, such a huge event in the history of azeroth, but such a disappointing and lackluster expansion....its a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Cataclysm. There were things to like about the expansion (T11 and the 1-60 redesign) but by the end it was something of a mess as they reversed course in the middle of the thing and it ended up just being not very interesting. Weak story, weak final raid, very weak handling of the main villain.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Cataclysm for so many reasons.

- If were not into PvP there wasn't much you could do other than raiding, do 5 man HC or just go afk in Org/Stormwind.

- Terrible, terrible lore and character development. Thrall shouldn't have been made into a super sayian that could fix all the problems in the world, and his relationship with Aggra was so forced and awkward. Deathwing had it even worse, his character was absolutetly butchered, he had so much potentional, but he was made into nothing more than a big angry dragon. Thrall can be made up for that disaster, but Deathwing is dead and gone, one of the greatest characters in WoW lore wasted.

- Patch 5.1 was very disappointing after a great launch, Blackwing descent and Bastion of Twilight were awesome raids, and after a long wait for the next patch all we got was two rehashed 5 mans.

- Patch 5.2 lacked too. While Firelands was a pretty good raid, it was a bit too short and didn't seem to be able to carry a whole patch as well as other raids released in the past.

- Patch 5.3 was the worst patch that's ever been released. Dragon Soul was in my opinion the worst raid that has ever been released, and to add on top of that it lasted for far too long.

Cataclysm still did two things right, revamping the old zones was something the game really needed and leveling alts was easy and fun, but that didn't make up it's flaws.

15+ Year Old Account
    91 people voting for TBC - ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    *shrugs* BC is horrendously romanticized, and I still can't figure out exactly why. I remember people saying BC was the end of WoW because of how much it changed in mentalities from Vanilla to then. "Welfare epics" were coined in BC, do people not remember?
    Clearly your memory does not serve you.

"Welfare epics" was coined in Wrath. Horribly easy raids opened the flood gates of mouthbreathing keyboard turners that were able to acquire a full set of epic (tier) gear with very little time/effort.

BC was by far the strongest era of WoW...this is coming from someone who killed M'uru version 1.1 and KJ pre sweeping-nerfs.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-08-21 at 06:28 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Clearly your memory does not serve you.

"Welfare epics" was coined in Wrath. BC was by far the strongest era of WoW...this is coming from someone who killed M'uru version 1.1 and KJ pre sweeping-nerfs.
    For someone who played TBC, it's obvious you really didn't. "Welfare Epics" was created with the introduction of area PvP gear.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...a-welfare-epic
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    welfare epics aside TBC and WOTLK had something that Cata and MoP could never have. and that was fun FUN BY THE BUCKET LOAD, immersion, epicness, coolness, dark creepiness and did I mention FUN,,, FUN ANYONE ???......
    the FUN died when Arthas fell off his throne and the ending speech could not have been more poignant "no king rules forever my son"... change "king" to "game" ;p

Cataclysm made me quit when I was playing since beta.

MoP brought me back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Cataclysm made me quit when I was playing since beta.

MoP brought me back.
    cata is also the only expansion i have ever quit in, stopped playing for a good few months during cata, longest after that was a month or so break in TBC, wotlk and mop so far ive not quit! but we will have to see how SoO turns out.
    dragonmaw - EU