Poll: What Throne of Thunder needed to be Great

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Throne of Thunder needed to be Great

So much potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    A literal elevator boss, raid members forced to constantly successfully use elevators as part of the encounters mechanics.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse in Siege is close with the pipe to get to the conveyer belt... now it just needs to be turned into an elevator.

Deleted
    the trash leading to horridon is basically this tiers elevator boss
    what does "40 man difficulty" stand for in the poll btw?

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    the trash leading to horridon is basically this tiers elevator boss
    what does "40 man difficulty" stand for in the poll btw?
    40 man difficulty is half the raid being asleep.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Horridon trash? Is there a new contender for worst trash ever? I haven't played MoP but it can't be worse than C'thun trash. :O

Deleted
    It needed Blackjack and Hookers!

Deleted
    Elevator boss.

Deleted
    gotta agree that horridon trash is this tiers elevator boss, so outside of that, durumu's head mount and obviously onyxia would have made ToT really awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed an important one: Gastropods. For EVERY trash mob. With a charge ability.

Speaking seriously, it needed to be a lot less linear. There's no real "sense" of the place... it's just kind of a huge long series of hallways all the way until the end, none of which seem like they'd come to form any real structure. It would also have been nice to move into the palace itself and have you plunder that, instead of just a foyer, his love crib, and then the stairs right to him... they should have had you kill trash through a trophy room, a war room, a lavishly appointed giant dining room... things you'd expect to find in a KING'S palace. It would also have been nice if the caverns section was a bit more... colorful. Not necessarily cheery, but all the grey rock was just kind of... meh.

Oh, and the Zandalari needed to have cool troll hairdoes, not those little stubble ones they have. And it needed more raptors.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    Elevator boss.
    you have gastropods instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Oh man, I want to have Algalon's voice actor do every voice in the game from now on!

I really love ToT, but i agree that it would have been nice with a less linear raid.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu's head Mount, flawless raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Speaking seriously, it needed to be a lot less linear. There's no real "sense" of the place... it's just kind of a huge long series of hallways all the way until the end, none of which seem like they'd come to form any real structure. It would also have been nice to move into the palace itself and have you plunder that, instead of just a foyer, his love crib, and then the stairs right to him... they should have had you kill trash through a trophy room, a war room, a lavishly appointed giant dining room... things you'd expect to find in a KING'S palace. It would also have been nice if the caverns section was a bit more... colorful. Not necessarily cheery, but all the grey rock was just kind of... meh.
    Like Karazhan! That place took you from the stables, through the dining hall, to the sleeping rooms and the harlem, through the theater, the library, the giant chess-room and all the way to the top of the tower. Yes. Karazhan was well designed.

Deleted
    I read this as Game of thrones, then looked at the options and thought WTF has he been smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I read this as Game of thrones, then looked at the options and thought WTF has he been smoking.
    Just imagine an elevator boss.. A new way to kill another Stark!
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Just imagine an elevator boss.. A new way to kill another Stark!
    Daenerys' dragons; Drogon, Rhaegal and Onyxia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Like Karazhan! That place took you from the stables, through the dining hall, to the sleeping rooms and the harlem, through the theater, the library, the giant chess-room and all the way to the top of the tower. Yes. Karazhan was well designed.
    I don't know if it needed to be quite so... verticle... as Karazhan, but yes, something akin to Karazhan's direction is something I'd say they need to follow for all future raids of the "raid the castle" type. They were going with an extreme version of Ulduar with ToT... a big entrance, and then when you finally get inside, you're just kind of moving through placeless hallways. Ulduar did it a little better because it was non-linear.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I know this is only just a joke thread, but I clicked it thinking it would be a real discussion, and now, I am intention-bound to give a real post. Sigh.

From what little I've done of it so far, I think it's an incredible raid that really, really busts out of the "minimalist" raid style a lot of the newer raids ever since WotLK have been taking.

Huge environment, incredibly diverse and different settings and areas, lots of bosses, etc. It captures the feeling of stuff like Temple of An'Qrhahayuwja or Black Temple. I'm ALL for a minimalist raid, myself. ToC was awesome, and not every raid has to be giant, but it's great to see Blizzard still knows how to give us a monster of a raid if they want to.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I did too lol.