Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    It will be Rexxar. Think this through: Garrosh's body lays on the ground, Thrall goes into a monologue about justice and the Horde being a family. Vol'jin does a shortened monologue, then turns to Thrall and asks "Thrall, da' Horde gonna be in disarray. Who can lead us thru the comin trials? We need to be rebuildin, restoring da Horde to it's former glory before Garrosh led us into da' darkness."

Thrall: "There was a Champion of old, who helped us build the Horde into the family it is today. You will remember him well Vol'jin. He saved your people from destruction on the Echo Isles. He also saved my life from an ambush from Admril Proudmoore, assisted Chen Stormstout on Durotar, and helped save Orgrimmar from an elemental attack during the Cataclysm."

Vol'jin: "Rexxar, Champion of da' Horde."

*Rexxar and Misha enter
    He does line up really well. Not only is he symbolic to the founding of Thrall's good Horde, but he has a connection to the current Pandaren theme through Chen. While he is not technically a member of the Horde, from his perspective at least, I'm sure if they asked and he realized the kind of things that happen if he's not there, he would accept. The only thing I'd say about your conversation is that it's awfully convenient that Rexxar shows up right when they mention him. I'd much more expect that they decide on Rexxar and then go looking for him afterward, or the cutscene does a cut to Rexxar's wandering and they go find him (the latter would be a little weird if you were still standing next to Garrosh's remains after the cutscene ended).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I really think it'll be a council of leaders/representatives.

I don't imagine the horde are so silly as to give any one individual all that power again.

Saurfang for the Orcs,
    Dezco for the Tauren.
    Mida for the Goblins.

Not really sure about anyone else.
    I think the position of Warchief might get modified a bit, but I don't think Blizzard will want to do away completely with such an iconic aspect of the Horde.

At minimum what I'd like to see a check placed on the Warchief's power. This could be a council vested with the power to depose a dishonorable Warchief, although there are other options.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Rexxar would be so so badass as warchief, and that's exactly why Blizz won't do it. Why do something the people actually want? never did it before right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    It's Thrall, and deep down every single one of us knows it.
    I want to believe... Let me dream, damn you.

Deleted
    I'd see Saurfang as big possibility, Vol'jin is the obvious one.. Why not Baine, even though he's young one, I could see him as Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    It would be a little awkward, but in my opinion, if it is another orc, it will make the Horde look bad. Why? Because part of what makes Garrosh so evil is his orcish supremacy. If the Horde just keeps going with orcs, it will look like they really are racist after all, and it wasn't just Garrosh.
    Agreed.

One of the major themes in the late expansion is too much pride is bad. And I think the Orcs need to be taught some humility, and a non-Orc Warchief could be a way to do that without punishing them directly.

The issue of the new Warchief being moved to Orgrimmar is non-trivial, but most of the major problems are avoided if Vol'jin is picked since he isn't really in a capital city right now.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sylvanas!!!!

Calling it now. Cinematics:

Garrosh stands back up and knocks down the raid.

"Nobody can stop the TRUE HORD! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Did you think we have forgotten? Did you think we have forgiven? Behold now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken"
    This +infinity

Personally I think they should make Obama leader of the Horde so all the "Thanks Obama" quotes can be used in WoW...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Because the Horde is broken at the end of the siege and would have no say in anything Varian wants.

Also, he isn't choosing the Warchief. I would imagine (hope) he would choose Saurfang to temporarily be the Warchief, while the Horde gets it shit together and votes on a new one. You don't want a repeat of last time a Warchief was chosen on the fly.
    lol why are people saying this. The Alliance don't enter the war to help the Horde it is because Garrosh is owning the Alliance that they have no other choice but to aid the Horde in their civil war. Varian Wrynn don't have a say in shit he knows even the broken Horde is too much an enemy for him to deal with especially when there are greater threats looming on the horizon.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to still misconstrue the Warchief for the leader of the Horde. The Warchief is the leader of the Orcs, so would need to be an Orc. As to the leader of the Horde, that will most likely be a council comprised of Vol'jin, Loth'remar, and Baine.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Agreed.

One of the major themes in the late expansion is too much pride is bad. And I think the Orcs need to be taught some humility, and a non-Orc Warchief could be a way to do that without punishing them directly.

The issue of the new Warchief being moved to Orgrimmar is non-trivial, but most of the major problems are avoided if Vol'jin is picked since he isn't really in a capital city right now.
    I think you put it even better than me. :P

The more I think about it though, the more I think Rexxar would be the ultimate choice (not saying Blizzard will pick him, but I would). He'd be a reluctant leader, giving him some depth and a lack of the power craving Garrosh had. He has symbolic ties to the current Horde and the Pandaren. He's half-orc, which allows him to still fit as a racial leader sitting in Orgrimmar, while being different enough to not make it look like the orcs are overly prejudiced. He's a good guy, but still looks very Horde (big, huge, barbarian guy). Finally, he's simply a really cool character who's popular with the people who actually played his campaign.

(And again, if he returned the Stonemaul Ogres would no longer be in disarray. ;P)

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sylvanas had it then we'd have to raid Orgrimmar again. I'm thinking either Baine, Vol'jin or Lor'Themar Theron.

Deleted
    It does make sense for Saurfang to be Warchief if the next expansion requires Horde/Alliance co-operation. He was the Supreme Commander of Kalimdor on the War on the Qiraji in Vanilla. He lead both the Alliance (predominantly Nelves) & the Horde, after what Garrosh has done to Ashenvale installing Saurfang is the only way to help mend relations with the Night Elve faction. They know him to be true, just and someone they respect since they have served under his command.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sylvanas!!!!

Calling it now. Cinematics:

Garrosh stands back up and knocks down the raid.

"Nobody can stop the TRUE HORD! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Did you think we have forgotten? Did you think we have forgiven? Behold now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken"
    Stop living in the past and the wrathgate... if this happen what would stop Varian from decapitating her on the spot, maybe it should and get rid of two birds with one stone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Garrosh hasn't won anything against the Alliance, wtf are you talking about?
    Read up he bombards the crap out of Stormwind harbour with Yorshaj infused warships.

Here we go http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post21952059

Pitiful Alliance.

Why no Love for Sunwalker Dezco?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Read up he bombards the crap out of Stormwind harbour with Yorshaj infused warships.

Pitiful Alliance.
    You do know this is a vision of Garrosh, it does not actually happen.

Pitiful Alliance.
    Except that doesn't actually happen, it's just one of the visions on the Timeless Isle according to Dave Kosak.

Pitiful Alliance.
    Actually that is just a vision. Current Datamined information indicates that it is a worst-case-scenario timeline, likely what would happen if Garrosh defeats the forces besieging Orgrimmar, which we know he doesn't.

Pitiful Alliance.
    Doesn't happen btw..

As the horde is split in two? seems alliance arent the pitiful ones here....they stay uniformed as 1 piece...pitiful horde...