Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    None of the work you put in was hard. There was nothing difficult about getting the Legendary. Time consuming? yes. Hard work? Not at all.

That's why people call it a welfare legendary - because it didn't require any hard work and everyone got one.
    Let's say you are on a Heroic Raiding only server, everyone will have this cloak from heroic raids. Is it not legendary because everyone on your server has it? Your bucket has holes in it and doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    None of the work you put in was hard. There was nothing difficult about getting the Legendary. Time consuming? yes. Hard work? Not at all.

That's why people call it a welfare legendary - because it didn't require any hard work and everyone got one.
    Well then we can say the same about anything in wow, nothing is hard work in wow, only time consuming.

You have the time to sit and read up on your class/raid tacts. It's not hard, it's time consuming.
    You are able to join a raid guild and raid normals. it's not hard just time consuming.
    etc etc .. I could go on.

Anything in wow is time consuming. Does that make everything everyone does in this game invalid? Because it sure as heck isn't hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are never happy. Seriously.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    As long as they put in enough time to do so.

As long as they put in enough time to do so.

One more time: As long as they put in enough time to do so.

HOW IN THE FUCK IS THIS WELFARE?
    you have to take the time to wait in the cheese line.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    People are never happy. Seriously.
    I am! I got my shiny cloak of awesome, and it is very pretty, couldn't give a crap about the stats, though they are nice, I wanted it for the awesome animation
    And I love seeing everyone else that has theirs running around with their different wing animations proccing!

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    you have to take the time to wait in the cheese line.
    That's a pretty disgusting way of putting things. Bet you look down on people in the real world on welfare, eh?

If it is a welfare legendary then swear off it, don't use it in your raid groups. You don't like welfare and if it requires no skill to get then show you don't need this crutch because you got skills. If you have skills you don't need this cloak to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Yeah, and like I've said many times now, there's about 2+ million active WoW players who don't even own MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

And just like twinks or anyone else to just refuses to work towards max potential players who do not purchase the current expansion are irrelevant to discussions of wow as it stands today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    That's a pretty disgusting way of putting things. Bet you look down on people in the real world on welfare, eh?
    The ones with two working arms and two working legs, no mental deficiency and the ability to work for a living but choose not to? absolutely. they are a parasite sucking blood from the government resources meant to provide for those who cannot.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    its about LFR again. let them be....

And just like twinks or anyone else to just refuses to work towards max potential players who do not purchase the current expansion are irrelevant to discussions of wow as it stands today.

- - - Updated - - -

The ones with two working arms and two working legs, no mental deficiency and the ability to work for a living but choose not to? absolutely. they are a parasite sucking blood from the government resources meant to provide for those who cannot.
    1) It's not "irrelevant". You can't say "EVERYBODY WILL HAVE IT!" then add an astericks that like "Except people without the expansion" "Except people who don't get max level" "Except people who don't play frequently" That's a lot of excepts. People who are inclined to get it, will probably get it, and that's not as many people as people think it is. More than any legendary before, no doubt. But who really cares?

and 2) Well, duh, no one likes those people. But why even mention it and be so negative? I imagine most people on welfare are the people whom need it. Welfare shouldn't be seen as such a negative thing. The fact that it gets seen as so negative is fairly disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get to decide which players are important. If you don't like welfare then don't use it. If you are really against it then you would not use it even if you fell on hard times, even if you were starving. You would eat garbage rather than accept welfare. You don't need this Cloak because you got skillz, right? Don't be one of those people that say, "Well.... I payed into this for years so I might as well take advantage of it now that I lost everything."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You don't get to decide which players are important. If you don't like welfare then don't use it. If you are really against it then you would not use it even if you fell on hard times, even if you were starving. You would eat garbage rather than accept welfare. You don't need this Cloak because you got skillz, right? Don't be one of those people that say, "Well.... I payed into this for years so I might as well take advantage of it now that I lost everything."
    This is the same guy whom got mad at the idea of raids being cross realm once, has spoken about wanting LFR removed or made entirely irrelevant, and many other asinine things. Basically, he's pretty bitter toward any of the people that don't fit into his mold of what WoW should be. Fairly crude/insulting plenty of the time, too, when it comes to those subjects.

You need to get all the toxic people around and have a meeting to decide if its not legendary because it can be done in LFR or because everyone has it and its not rare.

Let's say everyone had to raid to get it and everyone actually did raid and got it, by your train of thought its legendary because it didn't come from LFR and yet it is not because everyone has it. I'm going to guess you would probably say, "Well its not Heroic raiding!".

You have to decide, either LFR is the problem or that a lot of people have it. If you were on a Heroic only server everyone would have it, does that mean its not legendary because everyone came to the prom with the same dress on?

I think when it boils down to it your biggest problem is that you can't have this dream scenario where people kiss your golden boot because you are the only one with a golden boot. Fortunately those days are long dead.
    While I do find the idea of having some sort of enforced rarity for items of a certain quality intriguing, I don't think it would work and so I'm casting my vote for the "available through LFR" option, although I think I may have made that over-abundantly clear already.

And, for the record, it doesn't make someone "toxic" if they like the idea of exclusive content. While I may not personally care if content is exclusive or not (I prefer the attitude of "I do what I do, screw what everybody else does") there is a school of thought in the MMO industry that having exclusive content can improve the longevity of a game, and some of these people may be less worried about being special and more worried about the game being successful as a whole. Just because their viewpoint disagrees with yours does not make them "toxic".

I have no idea which side is correct, but I can tell you that a LOT of the people who argue that heroic raids need to be harder and gear needs to be more limited and etc. are NOT people who actually do this content. I do heroic raids personally, and I think they're fine the way they are. I also run an inclusive guild with groups that just raid normal modes, groups that struggle in normal modes, and now groups that just do flex, and I think all of that is great. Play the game how you want to play.

However, the problem seems to be the two groups (as any two diametrically opposed groups tend two) only point to the most extreme argument of either end and then treat everyone who sits in the opposite camp as if that must be their viewpoint.

So for you, the "toxic" elitists want everything locked behind some huge attunement quest that no casual would ever have time for and the only raid mode to be heroic. Any maybe some do, but I assure you the majority of heroic raiders do not give two shits if you get epics in LFR, and yes, I have spoken to enough (many hundreds) of them over the last few years to get a sample size where I can confidently say that.

And for the "hardcores first" group, they think people like you probably want all rewards to be equalized so players doing LFR would have the same gear as those doing normals or heroics, and want all the gear a boss can drop for you to come from the first kill so you never have to run it again, and all your gems and enchants available for 1c from a vendor that you can summon to you. But I'm betting that doesn't actually sum up how you feel?

So don't go labeling people just because you disagree when they think something is too easy, they could just as readily call people who want everything to be accessible "toxic" for the game, and frankly there is no proof either way so you'd both just be talking out your asses.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

yea...so much work man, it was such a hard hard work to get it, like daymmm....now if this was vanilla and after getting all my enchanted elementium bars the TF will actually go to some shit rogue and not me the tank id be beyond pissed. but the orange cloak is less valuable than an epic, since you might actually not get heroic TF/WF epic for a longer time than it takes to get the cloak(still no fucking heroic TF wusholay)

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Never have I worked hard for something in a video game before.
    This is what's wrong with today's Hollywood-esque video game market, most recent titles are not even worthy of being called videogames and no wonder casuals don't even want to work for their epics nowadays and demand free legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    While I do find the idea of having some sort of enforced rarity for items of a certain quality intriguing, I don't think it would work and so I'm casting my vote for the "available through LFR" option, although I think I may have made that over-abundantly clear already.

And, for the record, it doesn't make someone "toxic" if they like the idea of exclusive content. While I may not personally care if content is exclusive or not (I prefer the attitude of "I do what I do, screw what everybody else does") there is a school of thought in the MMO industry that having exclusive content can improve the longevity of a game, and some of these people may be less worried about being special and more worried about the game being successful as a whole. Just because their viewpoint disagrees with yours does not make them "toxic".

I have no idea which side is correct, but I can tell you that a LOT of the people who argue that heroic raids need to be harder and gear needs to be more limited and etc. are NOT people who actually do this content. I do heroic raids personally, and I think they're fine the way they are. I also run an inclusive guild with groups that just raid normal modes, groups that struggle in normal modes, and now groups that just do flex, and I think all of that is great. Play the game how you want to play.

However, the problem seems to be the two groups (as any two diametrically opposed groups tend two) only point to the most extreme argument of either end and then treat everyone who sits in the opposite camp as if that must be their viewpoint.

So for you, the "toxic" elitists want everything locked behind some huge attunement quest that no casual would ever have time for and the only raid mode to be heroic. Any maybe some do, but I assure you the majority of heroic raiders do not give two shits if you get epics in LFR, and yes, I have spoken to enough (many hundreds) of them over the last few years to get a sample size where I can confidently say that.

And for the "hardcores first" group, they think people like you probably want all rewards to be equalized so players doing LFR would have the same gear as those doing normals or heroics, and want all the gear a boss can drop for you to come from the first kill so you never have to run it again, and all your gems and enchants available for 1c from a vendor that you can summon to you. But I'm betting that doesn't actually sum up how you feel?

So don't go labeling people just because you disagree when they think something is too easy, they could just as readily call people who want everything to be accessible "toxic" for the game, and frankly there is no proof either way so you'd both just be talking out your asses.
    I'll let you know what I consider to be toxic players, people who only find satisfaction if the majority of players can't enjoy the game because it makes them feel less special about themselves if someone else gets something too. If your only way to enjoy the game is to ruin it for others then that is Toxic. If you have to destroy everyones environment to survive then that is Toxic.

I raid normal raids, will I ever see Heroic Ra'den? No, and I don't really care if I do. Do I get pissed off that others beat the Sha of Fear in LFR? Hell no, I don't care because I don't feel the need to worry about other peoples accomplishments or what difficulty they were achieved at. I worry about myself and my guild. Thats it. I don't care if you are a social guild or a hardcore guild. It doesn't matter, what matters is my experience and the experiences of my close friends. Thats it.

You are not special because you have a heroic mount or gear, you are special because you enjoyed the challenge with your guild/friends and everyone had a good time achieving that goal. No amount of golden boots will make me want to lick anothers golden boot. No amount of others licking my golden boot could ever satisfy me because I am not a shallow person.

Did I have a good time with my friends? Yes? It was a good day to play wow.

Between putting up with afk people, crappy alt dps and elitist shitheads, I find LFR much more difficult to deal with than a normal raid group.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    This is what's wrong with today's Hollywood-esque video game market, most recent titles are not even worthy of being called videogames and no wonder casuals don't even want to work for their epics nowadays and demand free legendaries.

Honestly comments like this make me want to use language that would get me banned here. No one here is asking to be 'given' anything, and people are willing to work for their gear - asking that things be accessible in multiple difficulty modes isn't quite the same as asking for handout (especially since all these people are paying customers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Please, If you ever played Asian MMO's you would know that even the hardest of the Hardcore raiders would cry like babies if they had to give 1/10th of the effort at the amount of grind thats involved in most asian MMO's. Hell give us 15 mins of dailies a day and the typical westerner grabs their eyeballs and screams bloody hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lost all respect for you and will never be able to take you seriously from the nonsense you just posted here. Well done.