Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    They do care, they just want near absolute proof that someone is botting.

They've explained this many times.
    And you've bought it many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I can't tell if you're serious or a troll anymore.

People have the ability to act like bots, acting like a bot doesn't make someone a bot. Telling Blizzard you're a bot doesn't make you a bot. Reporting people should flag the account if enough reports are made as that's really all Blizzard can do to combat bots; monitor behaviors and attempt to find convincing evidence or actual proof someone is botting as Warden is essentially worthless except to catch people who download crazy old hacks that allow them to do ridiculous things such as warp, speed hack, etc..

The Warden client is easily bypassed by the most popular bot out right now (and it's invisible to Warden). If Blizzard patches the game or changes Warden, the Tripwire protection disables the bot so no one can use it until it's updated so no one gets banned via Warden itself as they can't log on. Bans occur because people behave like bots over a long enough period of time and Blizzard's certain they're using a bot.
    You clearly wouldn't recognize a bot if it were dancing naked in front of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You see this faulty reasoning like 5 times a day on the forums.

2) Blizzard loses more money than it makes from botters, both from the people that quit the game over botting.
    That statement is backed up by no evidence. We have no way of knowing how many people quit over botting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    And you've bought it many times.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly wouldn't recognize a bot if it were dancing naked in front of you.
    Yes, I would.

I've seen enough people botting in the past 8 years to be almost certain, the way they move is very obvious, and someone messing around and attempting to act like a bot wouldn't do it that long.

Also, BREAKING BAD TIME.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    That statement is backed up by no evidence. We have no way of knowing how many people quit over botting.
    Not enough! if a substantial amount of subs noticed and quit because of bots, Blizzard would release the Kraken (budget) in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    You reported your own friend? That's.. really shitty of you.
    Know what's even shittier? Botting.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard "response" to bots has always been to stick their head in the sand and hum loudly. Blizzard would rather drive away real subs to get a pittance from the few botters that are not comprised accounts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Okay so when I get older I will realise that the best thing is to backstab all your friends and be a douchebag even if there is absolutely no personal benefit?
    Sorry but I think this is bullshit. Guess I'm just a good friend and I will never do crap like this.
    To revisit my earlier analogy, when you're an adult you will learn that if you are pissing in the pool, your friends aren't guaranteed to like it.

the only way to really know how bots react in open world is to actually run one and watch it, they are so advanced that they can outperform people in dungeons and lfr both damage healing and tactic wise, they do not tank though

but they still follow a pattern that you wont be able to tell from actual players until you actually see it and blizzard can break these bots by clicking their fingers and they know it

you see those people not following basic tacs like not hitting nazgrim even when being yelled at? they are phase 1 bots
    Last edited by tey; 2013-09-30 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Theoretical: I hack someone's account, turns out it's someone I know, but someone I also hate. I send a ticket saying I'm botting and get the account banned. No one wins in that situation.
    I really appreciate your reply, but this part I want to address. I never just expected them to ban him on my word, that would be dreadful. I called for the investigation of his account

Deleted
    I'm pretty amazed by the amount of people flaming the OP for reporting his CHEATING "friend"..
    If you bot/hack/cheat for WHATEVER reason for ANY period of time you deserve a ban. End of Story.
    Obviously the community is fucked up beyond help if 3/4 players here tolerate and/or support botting - holy shit Oo

Yeah it's shitty to report "friends" but you
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Know what's even shittier? Botting.
    You don't wanna get reported/banned? DON'T FUCKING CHEAT?!
    Last edited by mmocf9649a7a89; 2013-09-30 at 01:31 AM.

No one quits over botting. I bet many players who get banned for botting, that would otherwise be $15 a month for Blizzard for who knows how long, end up quitting though. It's not like Blizzard has been shy about compromising their games where their players' money has been involved.

People actually care about BG botting?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    No offense but I think you aren't a good buddy if you report your friends. Sure you are jelly because you work hard and he doesn't but come on bro. Lot of my friends bot and we talk about it all the time on skype but I see no reason to get them banned. Why the hell? It doesn't benefit you in any way. Gogo report all the strangers that bot who cares but don't treat friends like that
    ^^^ This is why we can't have nice thing in WoW... Like a community.

@the OP: just report him the way the GM said, and just keep trying. Maybe one day we'll have less of these botter/bot morons.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Yeah, shitty friend you are.
    Translation:

"You should have let him continue breaking the rules and abusing his relationship with you."

OP:
    Blizzard bans bots in waves. They take reports, gather information, then one day they'll ban a VERY large number of bots at the same time.

They don't care (EU gm's don't at least, can't speak for US ones) reported multiple people for botting and see the exact same people days/week later still botting.

Deleted
    One of my friends got banned for botting after 7 Days of 24 hours botting without any break.
    You really have to be super duper obvious.

Ofc he continued botting, but now he does a break every 48 hours, for about 8 hours, which is still ridiculous. Imho Blizzard over estimates what a human is capable of. Who the fuck would ever play 48 Hours straight 3 times a week, only grinding/gathering for a over a month or more (hasnt been banned yet again and is botting again since 3 or 4 months). I could understand 1 week, or maybe 2 cause of an new expansion release or patch.

Seriously the only way you can get banned these days from botting is to do it for hours on end with zero breaks or use them to gather. It's pretty sad but i have a friend who has never been banned from botting unless he decided to mine/herb. Everything else never been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    Seriously the only way you can get banned these days from botting is to do it for hours on end with zero breaks or use them to gather. It's pretty sad but i have a friend who has never been banned from botting unless he decided to mine/herb. Everything else never been banned.
    Thats the general rule for Blizzard these days

If you bot/cheat in PvP related things where huge amounts of players are affected and that is ruining their game experience its fine and nothing will happen

If you bot/cheat in PvE where you abuse some bug on PvE bosses that has 0 impact on other players you will get banned for huge amounts of time and in some cases permabanned.

Blizzard has some fucked up logic

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Thats the general rule for Blizzard these days

If you bot/cheat in PvP related things where huge amounts of players are affected and that is ruining their game experience its fine and nothing will happen

If you bot/cheat in PvE where you abuse some bug on PvE bosses that has 0 impact on other players you will get banned for huge amounts of time and in some cases permabanned.

Blizzard has some fucked up logic
    dont forget the duping!

You reported your friend? you're fucking scum, get over yourself.

Mod Edit: Please express yourself without resorting to insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-09-30 at 08:43 AM.