Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem is when it jumps, you don't have BP on your target anymore, so it's an ST DPS loss.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    The real problem is the Defile and Necrotic Plague replace current abilities and where Sindragosa's doesn't. So if they are all AoE based then why give up an ability when I could have both at the same time.
    If you're going to look at it that way, it replaces Frost Strike/Death Coil. RP you are spending to maintain breath then you can't your normal single target RP dump. In fact this may affect your single target DPS more than the others. Necrotic replaces Blood Plague and you go about your business. Defile replaces DnD and you go about your DPS. Point is, each ability involves a trade off of some sort
    Last edited by Faenlyn; 2013-11-09 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    If you're going to look at it that way, it replaces Frost Strike/Death Coil. RP you are spending to maintain breath then you can't your normal single target RP dump. In fact this may affect your single target DPS more than the others. Necrotic replaces Blood Plague and you go about your business. Defile replaces DnD and you go about your DPS. Point is, each ability involves a trade off of some sort
    We don't know how much damage the abilities are going to do, although judging from the tooltips, sindragosas breath will do the most per usage given the amount of resources it uses. So we can't make an assumption that it will be a DPS loss yet. Not to mention it will be quite a while before we actually see balancing numbers for this tier.

Deleted
    Breath of Sindragosa! I wanna see that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The only problem is when it jumps, you don't have BP on your target anymore, so it's an ST DPS loss.
    Not sure if that's true? It says on the tooltip that it does 100 damage per stack every 3 seconds for 30 seconds and it jumps to a new target IF!!! possible. So by that wording, you can have it stack up to 10 times which is like 10 diseases in one at the end of it's duration, which is pretty strong for ST I would think for just applying it.

Yeah but if there's another target around it's going to jump, so it won't be on the first target any more.

Not spreading with pestilence does very awkward things to unholy aoe as well.

Deleted
    Man i was fucking hyped about new talents till i saw what all other classes get, dont get me wrong all 3 new talents seems nice but we have to sacrifice smthing for them as always while most other classe's are just free extra dmg or utility or smthing.Not sure what to think here but they really wanna keep us always "lose smthing to gain smthing else" style.And that would work if what would get would be powerful enough but i doubt it will as we saw till now

Anyways we got more stuff coming and changes to see so i gotta be patient i guess and dont lose hope!
    Last edited by mmocdb994d6ac6; 2013-11-09 at 02:25 AM.

Deleted
    Anyways we got more stuff coming and changes to see so i gotta be patient i guess and dont lose hope!
    Don't expect anything, this way you won't be disappointed.

That's what I do, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Yeah but if there's another target around it's going to jump, so it won't be on the first target any more.

You're assuming that it doesn't remain on the first target when it jumps off. If that's the case its total damage won't scale past 2 targets. Seems unlikely. But again, super, super early.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post

Northern Goblin was saying it would be a ST DPS loss when in fact it would be a very strong ST DPS increase, and I think it would be very awkward for aoe :P I'd rather just stick with defile at this point for that xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You're assuming that it doesn't remain on the first target when it jumps off. If that's the case its total damage won't scale past 2 targets. Seems unlikely. But again, super, super early.
    Actually, when you mention it in that sense, think about how necrotic plague worked in the LK fight. The stacks stayed at... whatever they were and persisted to the next target. If anything, you can always just reapply necrotic plague on the target and continue to run enormous amounts of stacked plague on alot of targets. Just imagine multiple blood plagues ticking on one target for multiple targets.. That's very strong.. if that makes sense xD haha.

The Necrotic Plague talent brings up a lot of questions.

1. Will it snap shot buffs like our current diseases do? Will each stack be a snap shot of the original?
    2. Would it be a dps gain to plague strike your main target after necrotic jumps (assuming you lose your diseases when it jumps)?

Can't wait to test these out and get some answers.

Also, will Defile work with the DnD glyph and slow people inside it?

we need single target love... not this crap while defile is cool its not needed it could stay i guess other 2 need to go

Hope they work on rune mechanics some. Even tho its alpha i still see no reason to play my dk any more i could bring more to a raid with a rogue or a ret for that matter dk dps is pretty weak DoT-ers will still reign like they have since cata
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Honestly, it's like a super early alpha version, I wouldn't even try thinking too much about the talents right now.

Too many issues that appear at first glance for these talents anyway, Sindragosa requires a RE/RC/BT change, Defile seems the only 'okay' talent at first glance, while Necrotic Plague seems plagued with various issues + would interact weirdly with other talents.

I'm personally not really concerned about the talents not being different for Blood, but maybe that's just me. We already have a survivability cd tier, afterall.
    Plus there are issues with wording of NP, if it jumps, does that mean you lose it every tick on single target? Its very strange.

Honestly, it's like a super early alpha version, I wouldn't even try thinking too much about the talents right now.

Too many issues that appear at first glance for these talents anyway, Sindragosa requires a RE/RC/BT change, Defile seems the only 'okay' talent at first glance, while Necrotic Plague seems plagued with various issues + would interact weirdly with other talents.

I'm personally not really concerned about the talents not being different for Blood, but maybe that's just me. We already have a survivability cd tier, afterall.
    Yeah I'm interested to see how Necrotic is supposed to interact with Festering Strike. Sindragosa would need to activate a rune regen talent like you said.

Deleted
    Every other tank gets a new tanking talent, we get nothing...

After considering these a while and looking other classes talents I feel like these pretty underwhelming. Other classes talents seem to affect rotations or otherwise change playstyles. Ours don't do anything like that. Also the other tanks get unique spec talents and some even reduce damage. I really hope these are very early in development or there are class mechanic changes we're not privy (especially blood).

Quote Originally Posted by Erishkigal View Post
    After considering these a while and looking other classes talents I feel like these pretty underwhelming. Other classes talents seem to affect rotations or otherwise change playstyles. Ours don't do anything like that. Also the other tanks get unique spec talents and some even reduce damage. I really hope these are very early in development or there are class mechanic changes we're not privy (especially blood).
    Why in the hell would you ever want to have a talent that forces you to play a different play style when the current play style does what it is supposed to do? We have one of the best tanking talents in the game with Purgatory and an instant burst self heal. Not every classes talent tiers are going to be the same, and even so, what difference does it make what other classes got?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erishkigal View Post
    Honestly, other class' talent trees seem ridiculously convoluted with the "affects this spec this way, but the other spec this way, but sometimes it'll affect this spect in THIS way."

I like DKs getting some pure talents without needless obfuscation.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Why in the hell would you ever want to have a talent that forces you to play a different play style when the current play style does what it is supposed to do? We have one of the best tanking talents in the game with Purgatory and an instant burst self heal. Not every classes talent tiers are going to be the same, and even so, what difference does it make what other classes got?
    Because they have (or appear to have) interesting choices that open up interesting play style options eg petless hunter, nuke based spriest etc. and we've basically just gotten the damage we had on the 90 talents.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They really turning us into Lich Kings.
    Oh well, maybe lvl 100 dk will drop mount as well.