Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    If they played a single player game, I wouldn't give a crap, but bgs are about team effort and quite frankly I don't see even a minimal amount of effort from these guys, and I'm not looking forward to getting steamrolled because a couple of noobs couldn't be arsed to spend 30 min on the isle.
    They are random bgs. You get teamed up with random people. That was always the point of it, with all the good/bad consequences the system brings. If you don't like it, play rbgs instead. Don't get me wrong, I also hate to be teamed up with bad geared players, but you can't blame players for wanting to play the way they want. All the arguments in the world don't matter, the target of this rank should be centered around: The Lack of a bg system with ilvl/pvp gear requirement

If we implemented this change you ask and kicked people with greens out of bgs, then people would complain about geared people that don't strive for objectives in a bg. Wake up guys, that's like saying that LFR sucks because it ruined the game: many players like it, not their fault you think your experience gets ruined by it.~

Because you can spend 1 hour outside of BGs getting a full set of 496 pve gear. Then you don't suck in the BG, you'll win more, and those get your pvp gear faster. Unless you just want to lose your way to gear, which is not fun imo.
    I'm pretty damn certain gearing up through the timeless isle is a lot faster than doing BGs. The intro quests alone grant you a piece of gear and if you take the effort to open all the chests on the isle (which you can do while waiting for the queue) you'll most certainly find multiple armor tokens.
    What if the player hates timeless isle? Your guys don't even account for other player's opinions.

Really ?! With timeless isle giving free gear, how can you say that ?! Also, I'm pretty damn sure I knew what stats I need by the time I hit level 30 in vanilla.
    Timeless Isle =/= PvP. Timeless Isle gear =/= PvP gear. Get over it, people will gear up how they want.

Deleted
    Really ?! With timeless isle giving free gear, how can you say that ?! Also, I'm pretty damn sure I knew what stats I need by the time I hit level 30 in vanilla.
    A fresh lvl 90 char with itemlevel 420-430 will have problems killing any mobs at the timeless isle I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    A fresh lvl 90 char with itemlevel 420-430 will have problems killing any mobs at the timeless isle I guess?
    Lol?! You don't need to kill jackshit. All the chests are in areas outside of aggro range of mobs except very few, and even then there are plenty of people killing mobs that you never have any issues. Only chests I can think of that are among mobs which aren't killed very often are in Pi'ju village, you can still get a full set of 496 without touching one mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people in 90 BGs still wearing level 80 and 85 BOA...

10+ Year Old Account
    Game needs to expel people that believe that they can make stupid, idiotic decisions and participate in endgame content.

Being undergeared is one thing. If you're returning to the game after half a year, you're going to be undergeared if you jump into a BG. If you haven't raided since MV, you're going to be undergeared. If you just hit 90, you're going to be undergeared. This is perfectly acceptable, and it's a reality of the process of playing the endgame. But to those who choose to equip weapons and armor that isn't even the right type for their class; To those who believe that their Cataclysm epics will serve them well in Mists of Pandaria, To those who prioritize strength and equip agility, to those who apparently ignore easy, easy, EASY forms of free gear that would take less time to attain than their queue does to pop; What the fuck are you doing? Why are you even paying $15 a month when your gear imposes restrictions that drastically reduce the fun you have?

My conclusion is that these kind of people that you're talking about either have 2 digit IQs and quite literally don't know anything about the game, or they simply revel in the vitriolic reactions they get when others right-click-inspect them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    What if the player hates timeless isle? Your guys don't even account for other player's opinions.
    Hating timeless isle is not an excuse to equip completely useless items. I dont' think this thread is about undergeared people, it's about people that are equipping items that are simply fuckedous. You are absolutely useless if you're participating in any kind of endgame content as a strength user wearing agility gear, or heirlooms, or epics, either PvP or PvE epics, from expansions past.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Wow needs a ranking system in place to put you with similar players with similar gear when you queue.
    My suggestion has been gear matching, but only for those with gear (including enchants/gems) below some threshold. That way, you CAN queue for a BG in crap gear, but you might wait a long time for the system to find someone to match you with before you get in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Hating timeless isle is not an excuse to equip completely useless items.
    I saw someone in a BG with the engineering dragon trinket equipped.

All the trinket's cogwheel sockets were empty.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Stuff like that is what I'm talking about. Like, what are you doing? When that person bought that trinket or crafted it, what else ran through their mind that made them ignore the gears?

I've gotta say, at least its gear from this expansion. :P
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    So I take it they never have to wait for the queue to pop? I'm pretty damn certain gearing up through the timeless isle is a lot faster than doing BGs. The intro quests alone grant you a piece of gear and if you take the effort to open all the chests on the isle (which you can do while waiting for the queue) you'll most certainly find multiple armor tokens.
    If I'm doing random BG's I'm more than likely going for PVP gear... why would I want to go farm coins or w/e and then queue when I can just queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Haha, how precious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    If I'm doing random BG's I'm more than likely going for PVP gear... why would I want to go farm coins or w/e and then queue when I can just queue?
    Because that gear is ridiculously easy to attain, it's all 496 and it's going to be better that whatever you're wearing if you recently hit 90. Ignoring the Timeless Isle when you need to gear up is stupid, regardless of what your endgame goal is.
    [/url]

Because a full set of 496 will be much better for pvp than the trash you hit 90 with and it only takes 30 min to get it. This will have multiple benefits: you actually do stand a snowball's chance in hell compared to if you had the said trash on, you are not taking up a slot from your raid while being of 0 help, people will not make fun of you and tell you to gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that gear is ridiculously easy to attain, it's all 496 and it's going to be better that whatever you're wearing if you recently hit 90. Ignoring the Timeless Isle when you need to gear up is stupid, regardless of what your endgame goal is.
    Yes, it is better but that person might not like the timeless isle and having to run around looking for chests. Stop trying to tell people how to go about getting their gear and playing the game they pay for how they want..

If you, and whoever else feels like this, wants to really help then suggest buying the craftable PVP gear. You should have around 6k gold just from questing in Pandaland.

If you, and whoever else feels like this, wants to really help then suggest buying the craftable PVP gear. You should have around 6k gold just from questing in Pandaland.
    Dude, the said noobtards are highly unlikely to have even 2k gold, let alone more than 6k to afford to buy the gear. Don't ask how, they spend it on crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is better but that person might not like the timeless isle and having to run around looking for chests. Stop trying to tell people how to go about getting their gear and playing the game they pay for how they want..

I agree with you that buying crafted gear is probably the way to go if you want to PvP when you hit 90, but I wholeheartedly disagree with ignoring the timeless isle. It doesn't matter if you don't like right clicking chests or if you don't like the island, the music, the enemies, whatever; It's so mind-numbingly easy to attain such good gear that you should look to it as a benefit, look to it as a laughably simple prerequisite to doing what you want to do; Kill people in PvP (or killing bosses in PvE).

I couldn't possibly think of an excuse to not go to the isle if you recently hit 90 or if you haven't played since the 5.0.4 days. It's fucking EASY, you get GOOD GEAR, you'll be BETTER. Just do it, that's what it was implemented for, that's how the gear curve has been designed in 5.4. You are undeageared, you go to the isle, you attain prerequisite gear, you participate in the content of your choosing, you get more gear from that content. That's how it works.

This is off-topic though, since this thread isn't about Bob who just resubbed and is wearing some barebones MoP gear, it's about Jimmy the Paladin who is wearing his Firelands Holy tier and heirloom trinkets and is queueing as Retribution for MoP endgame content. He shouldn't be able to, his terribly poor decision making should impair his ability to even get to the endgame.

Timeless Isle can serve to fix both problems though; The undergeared and the drastically stupid.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, the said noobtards are highly unlikely to have even 2k gold, let alone more than 6k to afford to buy the gear. Don't ask how, they spend it on crap.
    And now you're just saying random things to keep arguing..

do it, that's what it was implemented for, that's how the gear curve has been designed in 5.4. You are undeageared, you go to the isle, you attain prerequisite gear, you participate in the content of your choosing, you get more gear from that content. That's how it works.
    That's how you see it. I'd rather go straight into random BGs and get honor gear and start working on getting conq points instead of wasting time getting better gear that really only gives me a little bit more health.

You don't need gear to be helpful...

no lie had a pally in a TP with lvl 60 pvp gear. had less than 250k health. There should be gear requirements for bgs just as their is for dungeons and lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    And now you're just saying random things to keep arguing..

That's how you see it. I'd rather go straight into random BGs and get honor gear and start working on getting conq points instead of wasting time getting better gear that really only gives me a little bit more health.

You don't need gear to be helpful...
    But you just get focused down by people in current season gear. Endlessly. You're just a free kill, and spend more time waiting for a resurrection than participating in the objective. You have no health and can't deal any damage when you're fresh, and people who are caught up with the gear demolish you. Why put yourself through that for dozens of BGs in garbage questing gear when you could spend ~20 minutes in the isle and get a full set of 496, maybe buy a few pieces of crafted gear and then jump into BGs and put up a good fight?

It's senseless to ignore such a simple avenue to put yourself at least on par with the average BG player.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    It's senseless to ignore such a simple avenue to put yourself at least on par with the average BG player.
    Not even close.. you gain a little bit more health and do a little bit more damage.. you're still just as useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close.. you gain a little bit more health and do a little bit more damage.. you're still just as useless.
    The typical fresh 90 is going to attain a huge advantage with Timeless gear compared to whatever they were leveling with. People who equip intel as a strength user and use WLK brewfest trinkets will see an even bigger advantage with the Timeless gear.
    [/url]