Poll: Legendaries: Transmoggable?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    Surely you can say the same thing about CM gear/rogue t2/pally t2/icc dk hc gear etc?
    CM gear? Not really, those are still fairly uncommon on my server.

The other gear you mentioned? Yes, and it looks fucking horrible.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    I have always said if someone puts in the effort to get one they should have the right to use them.

"but then everyone will have them!" I hear you cry, well guess what everyone DOES have them already! They are just sitting in bags and banks gathering dust. Having them moggable just gives us more options to choose from for weapons.

All the restriction means is that yesterday's legendaries are worth less than yesterdays epics and are replaced just as quickly.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather them not be transmoggable just to avoid the enhanced QQ about everyone having a legendary.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

At the very least, I'd like to be able to transmog OVER them if they are going to be continuing the trend of nearly everyone being able to get them. And with that, this expansions legendary is everywhere already so I feel the "dont want everyone running around with legendary" arguments to be invalid..
    Anyway, I hate the cloak and I like to use cloaks with my xmogs :\ I just have to have it hidden.

Yes, they should be.

One of the most frequently complained about parts of getting a Legendary is you do all this work and at best, it survives the next content patch, at worst, it's almost as worthless as any regular Epic. Nearly every expansion announcement, Blizzcon, or Ask-a-Developer session, someone's asking "Will we be able to upgrade our Legendaries?" to which the answer is always "We want people to have to continue to earn weapon upgrades and deal with drops."

Transmog, in my opinion, solves every problem about Legendaries. The players will continue to be able to use the graphics, while still having to go through dungeons, raids and PVP to upgrade their weapons as normal.

I never understood why Legendaries (and their Epic-level mid-point weapons like a Sulfuron Hammer) are so taboo.
    Last edited by tigojones; 2013-11-27 at 10:53 PM.

I think they should be transmoggable. Similar to rare mounts, legendaries are hard to find at any point in the game whether the content is new or not. Players that have gotten lengendaries should be able to show them off, just like their mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that if people have put in the effort of getting a Legendary (RNG 1st time drops aside) then I think they should be able to mog it. Even today, getting Shadowmourne is a slog to grind.

Of course, some are harder then others to get.

I don't see why not. Not everyone will be using them.

I, however, would never use anything other than Thunderfury again. I've missed that bastard. When I can once again wield him, the days shall be glorious indeed.

I think they should keep the special animations too, to make them stand out more. Ex. Thori'dal fires special arrows, Shadowmourne periodically does that swirling soul animation on the wielder, Thunderfury occasionally procs the windfury animation effect. None of these have the actual buffs involved (Shadowmourne doesn't give the strength buff), it's just the special animations they proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyruin View Post
    i would like them to be able to be transmogged themselves (ie. the cloaks are ugly and i would prefer to transmog it to another cloak to match my set instead of using the hide cloak option)
    THIS

Many people got a transmog set that looks better with a cloak, but doesn't fit the legendary

Now they are stuck with hide cloak

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I think they should keep the special animations too, to make them stand out more. Ex. Thori'dal fires special arrows, Shadowmourne periodically does that swirling soul animation on the wielder, Thunderfury occasionally procs the windfury animation effect. None of these have the actual buffs involved (Shadowmourne doesn't give the strength buff), it's just the special animations they proc.
    Add fire kitten staff to that list and ill support it
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries should only be seen when they are relevant. If you didn't get them when they were relevant, then you missed the boat.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I'm fine with letting legendaries be transmoggable; I mean the people who have them already have done the leg work to "earn" them, and it only offers people more options to customize their look. Not everyone will use it, also.

Right now I'd settle for being able to transmog Shadow's Edge; I never got around to finishing my Shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Legendaries should only be seen when they are relevant. If you didn't get them when they were relevant, then you missed the boat.
    With that argument, why allow transmog at all? If you prohibit them simply because they're from previous expansions, why are Epics from those same time periods OK?

I don't understand the resistance to allowing Legendaries.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually they'll make them transmoggable (both to and from.) - Yes at first everyone will run around with a legendary transmog, but give it a couple months and it will be just like Judgment/Lightbringer/Onslaught/Might/Bulwark of Azzinoth, etc and you won't see it nearly as often. People will get sick of the low res fugly legendaries pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like to dual-wield Thunderfury on my Rogue.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Deleted
    Time is a limited resources, you can only do so much as a player in (random example) 8 hours per weeks.

I guess Blizzard wants to avoid an increase in number of people running old content, plenty of guys running around with the same weapon (for a few months at least), plenty of QQ in the forum (a trademark of WoW vocal minority) on God-knows-what-they-think subjects related to it.

I am a pretty casual player and I wouldn't mind to be allowed, but I find it hard already just to finish my cloak (started the q from the beginning a few months ago). In the past I was more active and got pretty close to finish Shadowmourne; but I sold the axe at some point and I wouldn't be too happy to decide between running new content (as it is always something to do) vs. grinding again for the SHadowmourne (insert another legendary here).

If I own a legendary i oughtta be able to transmog from it, plain and simple.

If it's boring because "too many people do it" then people will move on to something else. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Add fire kitten staff to that list and ill support it
    Druid of the Flame Form is due to a buff gained while performing an action with the item equipped/using a Burning Seed. It is not something inherent of the item like a glow effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I don't see why not. Not everyone will be using them.

I, however, would never use anything other than Thunderfury again. I've missed that bastard. When I can once again wield him, the days shall be glorious indeed.
    Until you notice that besides the lightning effect it's a really ugly sword model.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Until you notice that besides the lightning effect it's a really ugly sword model.
    Art is subjective. Thunderfury is one of my favorite sword models in the game.

Many people like the Bulwark of Azzinoth, or the purple Paladin T2 recolour. I think both are ugly as hell. Others evidently don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Put a requirement on them so that you had to have gotten them in the patch/ expac they were released to mog them. Makes them both prestigious and rare.
    I was about to post exactly the same thing - I agree.

Check them by date, if you got them in the patch then they should be xmoggable.

10+ Year Old Account
    i vote no in my opinion. on a related note. I remember from blizzcon they were liking the idea of adding more "glaive-like" weapons. If not like the ones the NE sentinels have. and in that, the possibility of adding visible quivers. It was said but i cant pinpoint when to give an exact source and from whom. I forget which panel.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage