Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How exactly is she screwed? Fireballs to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    How exactly is she screwed? Fireballs to the face.
    sylvanas's banshee wail stops spell casting. jaina would not be able to use any spells.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Considering all we have to go off of is Sylvanas killing nameless grunts (Or vague statements about her wail from Warcraft 3), I'm not willing to actually say that Jaina would be incapable of doing anything. I would imagine there are actual limits to that. Or Varian just cuts her head off. Sylvanas is a tactician, not a Gladiator. Or Mekkatorque just shoots her with a disintegration beam while Gallywix stands there with his big dumb generic model doing nothing because he has nothing to use.

And even if Jaina was rendered silenced, she kind of has the power of Lei Shen (Stolen by him from Ra-den). You know, a Titan Keeper. Power level similar to Thorim, et al? I'm confident in saying even if Sylvanas went all emo crypants, Jaina would just be like "Bzzzt...electic god staff gg no re"
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-12-01 at 12:31 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    sylvanas's banshee wail stops spell casting. jaina would not be able to use any spells.
    I think I missed the patch where Sylvanas abandoned her elven body and became undead ghost yet again. When did that happen, exactly? Wait, why didn't she completely own Jaina with her "Banshee Wail" back during Battle for Undercity? Why did anyone even bother using magic against the Scourge, if banshee can stop spell casting so easily?

Or is it simply that you're wanking her powers to a crazy degree?

Considering all we have to go off of is Sylvanas killing nameless grunts (Or vague statements about her wail from Warcraft 3), I'm not willing to actually say that Jaina would be incapable of doing anything. I would imagine there are actual limits to that. Or Varian just cuts her head off. Sylvanas is a tactician, not a Gladiator. Or Mekkatorque just shoots her with a disintegration beam while Gallywix stands there with his big dumb generic model doing nothing because he has nothing to use.

And even if Jaina was rendered silenced, she kind of has the power of Lei Shen (Stolen by him from Ra-den). You know, a Titan Keeper. Power level similar to Thorim, et al? I'm confident in saying even if Sylvanas went all emo crypants, Jaina would just be like "Bzzzt...electic god staff gg no re"
    Lorthamar knows some spell breaking abilities. which would also make spells useless. Voljin also has big bad voodoo.

Lorthamar knows some spell breaking abilities. which would also make spells useless. Voljin also has big bad voodoo.
    Knowing 'some' spell breaking abilities isn't going to render an archmage useless. At most it'd let him steal some buffs or make himself immune to her magic, wouldn't negate her magic entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I think I missed the patch where Sylvanas abandoned her elven body and became undead ghost yet again. When did that happen, exactly? Wait, why didn't she completely own Jaina with her "Banshee Wail" back during Battle for Undercity? Why did anyone even bother using magic against the Scourge, if banshee can stop spell casting so easily?

Or is it simply that you're wanking her powers to a crazy degree?
    Jaina teleported the alliance out of undercity. why would she stop that? Sylvanas hasnt needed to use the banshee wail. besides have you forgotten all dark rangers have a silence?

Jaina teleported the alliance out of undercity. why would she stop that? Sylvanas hasnt needed to use the banshee wail. besides have you forgotten all dark rangers have a silence?
    Okay so she gets silenced for a few seconds and hangs out in the back while Varian and Mekkatorque and all those footmen protect the casters until the silence is up.

Deleted
    She's mad. She's not crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Okay so she gets silenced for a few seconds and hangs out in the back while Varian and Mekkatorque and all those footmen protect the casters until the silence is up.
    jaina would die in that room end of story.

jaina would die in that room end of story.
    You're vastly overestimating Sylvanas and Lor'themar and vastly underestimating Jaina.

Still ignoring the Mega staff of ultimate doom and lightning.

You're vastly overestimating Sylvanas and Lor'themar and vastly underestimating Jaina.

Still ignoring the Mega staff of ultimate doom and lightning.
    she would die its that simple. she would not make it out of that room alive. both sides would lose leaders. its that simple.

sylvanas would die its that simple. she would not make it out of that room alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian would taunt and Anduin would heal. All the rest would be free to DPS.

I guess Baine could tank, but Thrall isn't resto so they don't have a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    At what point does Velen port in and tell you it's kinda stupid to plot out a capricious battle with twelve (ten?) unique yet easily controllable fighters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    To be honest i think something in the mana bomb effected her brain aswell as her hair.
    I think she might go crazy, kill varian and try to take controll of the alliance by taking stormwind, in response anduin leads alliance loyalists to retake stormwind and is forced to kill her, naturally killing someone who was like an aunt to him combined with the loss of his farther would make anduin a bit more cold in certain matters, but without becoming insane or having a total personality wipe like jaina did.
    This could set him up as being a just king who does what is nececery to keep his kingdom in peace, even if it means doing things he dosn't like.
    Could make alliance players like him a bit more and also prepare him to lead the horde and alliance against the legion like velen says he will.

Excuse me Dark but you can't just simply invent imaginative powers out of nowhere. Sylvannnas doesn't have any Wail of the Banshee powers otherwise she would have used them already and Lorthemar hasn't done anything until now or shown anything to suggest he has Spellbreaker powers. Be reasonable and stop ignoring the powers of the Thunder King that Jaina has on her staff not to mention an Archmage. In any case as I analysed in a previous message numbers and variety of Weapons and spells inside there are against the Horde. In the best case scenario for the Horde the Alliance would have heavy casualties but in every scenario you can create the Horde would eventually lose everything.

And as I said before unless you can find proof that the Horde would be able to defeat the Alliance at this moment I tend to follow what Wrathion and the developers said.

On another note can someone explain why Garrosh has so much hate? I mean he was emo, then he learned that his father saved the Orcs from the demonic curse. Suddenly he was brought to Azeroth and hated the Alliance for no reason. That hate continued to grow making him doing idiotic actions in Northrend that nearly costed us the war. Then he became a warchief and started a full scale war for no reasons. Everytime the Alliance or the Neutrals stopped his plans his anger grew. First he wanted Kalimdor erasing all the N.Elves, then when that failed he attacked Theramore for no reason and wanted to eradicate the Alliance completely from Azeroth. Finally he turned against his own when they started to question his motives. Now that he has lost everything we learn that he decided to go back in time to make a NEW Horde to come back and take revenge against all of the Azeroth inhabitants (Alliance and Horde and Neutrals). Why all this hate?
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2013-12-01 at 10:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Pinkaminus-Piekus View Post
    Sylvannnas doesn't have any Wail of the Banshee powers otherwise she would have used them already
    She has. In worgen starting zone, she uses her wail to stun a mob of worgen. And in Sunwell Trilogy manga, she used her wail against Dar'khan, assisting Kalec and Anveena.
    On another note can someone explain why Garrosh has so much hate? I mean he was emo, then he learned that his father saved the Orcs from the demonic curse. Suddenly he was brought to Azeroth and hated the Alliance for no reason. That hate continued to grow making him doing idiotic actions in Northrend that nearly costed us the war. Then he became a warchief and started a full scale war for no reasons. Everytime the Alliance or the Neutrals stopped his plans his anger grew. First he wanted Kalimdor erasing all the N.Elves, then when that failed he attacked Theramore for no reason and wanted to eradicate the Alliance completely from Azeroth. Finally he turned against his own when they started to question his motives. Now that he has lost everything we learn that he decided to go back in time to make a NEW Horde to come back and take revenge against all of the Azeroth inhabitants (Alliance and Horde and Neutrals). Why all this hate?
    He's just that pushy kind of orc. He came to Azeroth and the first thing he asked was, "why the fuck are we still not dominating this world?". Then he was all like, "fuck this half-assed peace, I'd rather have a fully-assed war".
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-12-01 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    She has. In worgen starting zone, she uses her wail to stun a mob of worgen. And in Sunwell Trilogy manga, she used her wail against Dar'khan, assisting Kalec and Anveena.

He's just that pushy kind of orc. He came to Azeroth and the first thing he asked was, "why the fuck are we still not dominating this world?". Then he was all like, "fuck this half-assed peace, I'd rather have a fully-assed war".
    Garrosh exist so mary sues our beloved protagonists can have moral jerk and show how good people they actually are. In other words, he died for our lack of sins.

I think its hard to take so many in-game abilities as completely legit, mainly because a lot of them are used to:

a.) Keep the player alive during an encounter where they shouldn't.
    b.) Incapacitate or kill a very large number of NPCs to initiate the next phase of an event.

In an effort to not appear as biased as I am, this includes Jaina. She walks around one shotting people in Dalaran. That doesnt mean I think she can one shot Sylvanas or Thrall. Need to take those leader abilities with a grain of salt.