Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    One thing I notice I use in a much different way than nearly every other mage... glyph of momentum.

Like, seriously. I abuse the hell out of that to move in bizarre and amazing mechanic-avoiding ways.

Am I the only one?

Glyph of momentum makes me feel the way I imagine mages being. It's one of my top favorite things. If it ever went away I'd be so, so, so sad.
    I initially really embraced it, thinking it was strictly better than normal blink, however the dealbreaker for me was the inability to blink in a different direction than which you are falling in, if you are in a falling state.

Found that out the hard way slowfalling right into trash going down to Megaera - that incident was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, however I consider being able to change direction while falling a core enough movement functionality that I decided I had to pass on the glyph. You're typically executing some action every gcd anyway, the 1s downtime between actions has always been sufficient for me to pan the camera where I have to and blink, so the momentum glyph was a convenience at most.

On a thematic level I really appreciate what it does, it's really neat, but these kinds of edge cases just spoil it for me - maybe I jumped while refreshing LB to preserve my momentum, and halfway through my arc I decide I really want to be somewhere else instead, things like that.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2013-11-29 at 04:13 AM.

I have glyph of momentum but I always find myself turning and facing the direction I want to blink in first. I guess old habits die hard.

I don't like the level 90 talents. I'd rather see invoker's energy/rune of power become a standard across all specs with some slight enhances that are spec specific(crit for fire, etc). Hopefully, they'll make that change for WoD. I think I've read something that they said they wanted to give mages new level 90 talents but it would have to wait for a big content patch, if I recall correctly. I think the specs themselves could use a little love. I wouldn't mind seeing each one getting a second resource, although arcane kind of already has one.

I also want disintegration beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    I don't back peddle much (I think I learned this lesson on Sindragosa) if at all, its only there if I really need it. And the button I am mashing the most is within reach of all my fingers at any given time is smack bang in the middle of my keyset. :-)
    I don't normally, but... v is why I do sometimes

One thing I notice I use in a much different way than nearly every other mage... glyph of momentum.

Like, seriously. I abuse the hell out of that to move in bizarre and amazing mechanic-avoiding ways.

Am I the only one?

Glyph of momentum makes me feel the way I imagine mages being. It's one of my top favorite things. If it ever went away I'd be so, so, so sad.
    Lol no you aren't. I do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    GFT. Not that you should do that ever on these forums
    Well, y'know >.> <.<

(Erm... "GFT"? Is that supposed to mean "Good Fucking Try"? XD)

I have glyph of momentum but I always find myself turning and facing the direction I want to blink in first. I guess old habits die hard.
    For you, maybe! I personally fell in instant-love with Momentum and that old habit was stupid anyways

I will admit though, Momentum makes it hell when you get knocked back >.>
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Am I the only one?

I think this is a great glyph, because it's truly optional, and works very well for some people like yourself.

For me, I tried it, and found that it was pretty much unusable. I found that I often use blink to change directions, or to change the angle at which i'm moving by facing that direction, and this glyph defeats that use of blink. It screwed me up super big time when I tried it, had to get rid of it right away.

I don't think there is anything more bizarre and abusive about this glyph, versus just the spell itself. It's a great spell, very classic mage type spell of short distance teleportation. I miss the prime/major/minor glyph system, because I liked the extra 5 yards on my blink. Sucked that I had to give it up in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    I think this is a great glyph, because it's truly optional, and works very well for some people like yourself.

For me, I tried it, and found that it was pretty much unusable. I found that I often use blink to change directions, or to change the angle at which i'm moving by facing that direction, and this glyph defeats that use of blink. It screwed me up super big time when I tried it, had to get rid of it right away.

I don't think there is anything more bizarre and abusive about this glyph, versus just the spell itself. It's a great spell, very classic mage type spell of short distance teleportation. I miss the prime/major/minor glyph system, because I liked the extra 5 yards on my blink. Sucked that I had to give it up in MoP.
    To each their own with Momentum. I will admit NOT using it is definitely the most optimal as you can Blink forwards during a knockback, rather than the direction you're being knocked back.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I dislike having damage on glyphs, but I do dislike that because there are DPS glyphs you can't get the fun ones.

I really wish I could use Glyph of Blink, Rapid Momentum, Ice Block, etc... lots of fun options that I can't use because frost needs Splitting Ice, Icy Veins, and quite often Cone of Cold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    To each their own with Momentum. I will admit NOT using it is definitely the most optimal as you can Blink forwards during a knockback, rather than the direction you're being knocked back.
    Yep. Love completely negating Iron Jugg's knockback with it. So convenient on an annoying as shit mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Yep. Love completely negating Iron Jugg's knockback with it. So convenient on an annoying as shit mechanic.
    You mean when it's NOT glyphed, right? o.o

I don't know that I dislike having damage on glyphs, but I do dislike that because there are DPS glyphs you can't get the fun ones.

I really wish I could use Glyph of Blink, Rapid Momentum, Ice Block, etc... lots of fun options that I can't use because frost needs Splitting Ice, Icy Veins, and quite often Cone of Cold.
    I agree. I think when we have the situation where we are now in which certain glyphs are mandatory, they should just roll those attributes into the main abilities (or have them become upgraded as we level in WoD? ) and give situation glyphs in return. That is, if they still are trying to say they want glyphs to be a choice and for there not to be a "best" set of glyphs.

I really wish I could play around with some of the glyphs more, but I feel locked into Inferno blast, combustion, and then switching between double blink and evo (it's 99.999999% double blink. Because I could never single blink again. So spoiled now.)

Can't say I've ever tried Momentum glyph. I've probably been playing mage way too long for me to change the way I play with blink, I could see me pulling some major bone-head stuff resulting in a quick death with that glyph >.<.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2013-11-29 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first couple weeks with momentum I was killing myself all the time with bad blinks. Ugh Tier 14 was a nightmare to begin with, then me blinking into the wrong things was awful. Guildies yelled at me to remove the glyph, but I stuck to it!

It's double blink I don't like. I rely on it to get me out of things. Like on Malkorok, paragons, most things. I hate feeling helpless, blink gets me out of those things.

It's funny and possibly cool that such a simple, ancient spell like blink is so interpretive, and used in so many ways and styles. That's the mark of a well designed ability I'd say.

It's double blink I don't like. I rely on it to get me out of things. Like on Malkorok, paragons, most things. I hate feeling helpless, blink gets me out of those things.

It's funny and possibly cool that such a simple, ancient spell like blink is so interpretive, and used in so many ways and styles. That's the mark of a well designed ability I'd say.
    Adding another Blink in exchange for not being able to get out of roots/stuns? Doesn't appeal to me. Blink is easily my favorite spell to use.

Why someone wouldn't glyph Momentum is beyond me. It takes the guessing and extra tenths of seconds to mouse turn out of the equation. Takes time to get used to but it's well worth it.

Think someone already answered that, Mastamage :P

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not a huge fan of momentum. I like it in theory, but when I'm mid-air, I want it to function as baseline blink. The base mechanics of the spell in the air is so ingrained into my play, that not having it work properly is disconcerting and an easy way to die. All of that old world exploration, man. It's the same reason I can't glyph it for the extra range, either. I know how far my blink is. Start changing that and I will start killing myself.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-11-30 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yeah, not a huge fan of momentum. I like it in theory, but when I'm mid-air, I want it to function as baseline blink. The base mechanics of the spell in the air is so ingrained into my play, that not having it work properly is disconcerting and an easy way to die. All of that old world exploration, man. It's the same reason I can't glyph it for the extra range, either. I know how far my blink is. Start changing that and I will start killing myself.
    Pretty much this, I've played my Mage for so long, that if blink suddenly changed, I would be lost. While I hardly never blink during boss fights, I use it all the time when my DPS does not matter, the only thing I would want them to do is to remove the GCD again(granted was only with AP before), but that might be a bit op movement..

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Blink continues to get us from Point A to B in a GCD, I am happy. The ONLY issues I have with it is fights (such as Sha of Pride, sometimes Norushen, etc) where you can blink in certain places and it won't move you due to issues with the world (mainly with floor designs or textures interlaced). Such an annoying loss of DPS or even death that people will blame you for even if it isn't your fault.

Don't forget the Jade temple on Garrosh!

I hope they drop or mess with the 90 talents and make the bombs baseline to each spec. They could do a lot of fun things with each bomb if they could balance the spec around it. A few of my ideas are having living bomb get applied to 2 additional targets near the one you dot. Or for nether tempest if it acted like warlock dots and had a pandemic like mechanic so that you would refresh early and try and get some procs out of it when it's convenient. But if pandemics coming to every class then that would already be a thing.

So the reason why lvl90 talents have not been looked at
    GC said "True story. Everyone seems to think I was trolling. My mage is like level 86."

If only he had to live with the lvl90 talents we would have seen a change very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Adding another Blink in exchange for not being able to get out of roots/stuns? Doesn't appeal to me. Blink is easily my favorite spell to use.

Why someone wouldn't glyph Momentum is beyond me. It takes the guessing and extra tenths of seconds to mouse turn out of the equation. Takes time to get used to but it's well worth it.
    Leaving aside the issues with falling and knockback (which are huge), I often use blink while I'm strafing to place myself in a specific spot. Now, I could just start running in that direction, but then I'd lose my strafe, or I'd have to change direction to keep strafing in that direction. For example, if I want to blink either into or out of a doorway. Or let's say I want to blink across a pool of bad on the floor. Or let's say I'm in the process of strafing, and I need to get to a stack point, like on protectors.

The issue for me is strafing, the momentum glyph completely messes with it. Perhaps if it was baseline, I would adapt, but I'm so used to using blink specifically to change direction, it would really mess me up badly.

- - - Updated - - -

So the reason why lvl90 talents have not been looked at
    GC said "True story. Everyone seems to think I was trolling. My mage is like level 86."

If only he had to live with the lvl90 talents we would have seen a change very quickly
    Pretty sure someone on their team is a mage, as they did bandaid the talents throughout the expansion. Obviously they didn't have anyone doing an Occupy Wall Street type protest at how bad they are.