Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Everyone complained about warriors at the start of MOP, and complained about hunters, and ele shamans chain proccing people to death in seconds. People complained about mages at the end of Cata too.

They just didn't complain as much as this. This is favouritism plain and simple.

Blizzard don't seem to realise that letting 1-2 classes dominate PVP is making it pointless.

But I guess most people PVE so it's not a priority, which is fair enough.

Again, I want you to look at how many people have viewed this topic.
    And view numbers in a thread are indicitave of what? If Ret paladins were buffed to the point of being competitive at glad level, you would see a huge thread similar, because ret paladins are extremely popular. This line of thinking is up there with using 2k ladder rep as the basis of the warriors are OP argument.

This is my best guess on what happened. Warriors were buffed, top end streamers and the like said they might be a little too strong, masses of those that follow either re-rolled or dusted off their warrior, average players (1600-1750 rating) were now losing to warriors who required no skill to kill in the previous season, said players ran to forums to QQ. Now you have this topic, where almost anyone complaining about them is just underskilled, period. No one here can nail down why they lose to warriors while also claiming they are playing their class at maximum potential

TL:dR for last part, get better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    And view numbers in a thread are indicitave of what?
    It shows that many, many people are unhappy with the state of warriors. Numbers don't lie.

If Ret paladins were buffed to the point of being competitive at glad level, you would see a huge thread similar, because ret paladins are extremely popular. This line of thinking is up there with using 2k ladder rep as the basis of the warriors are OP argument.
    If ret paladins were as OP as warriors are now they'd be nerfed within a week. Blizzard clearly play favourites. Ret was genuinely OP (the end of TBC with the Wrath patch was hilarious), and it was rightfully nerfed. Now warriors are genuinely OP (I'm sure they aren't alone as well) although not like that, and yet they haven't been nerfed to where they need to be.

This is my best guess on what happened. Warriors were buffed, top end streamers and the like said they might be a little too strong, masses of those that follow either re-rolled or dusted off their warrior, average players (1600-1750 rating) were now losing to warriors who required no skill to kill in the previous season, said players ran to forums to QQ. Now you have this topic, where almost anyone complaining about them is just underskilled, period. No one here can nail down why they lose to warriors while also claiming they are playing their class at maximum potential

TL:dR for last part, get better.
    Nah, we'll cancel our subs instead. I'd love to PVP at the moment but there's no point when it's dominated by two classes. I have better things to do with my time.

Now if Blizzard do continue balancing the game with flavor of the month cycles and by making a few classes OP for a while in order to encourage people to reroll then expect warriors to be underpowered for the first half of WOD. If that happens then I will be defending you. I won't be telling you to "get better".

It shows that many, many people are unhappy with the state of warriors. Numbers don't lie.

If ret paladins were as OP as warriors are now they'd be nerfed within a week. Blizzard clearly play favourites. Ret was genuinely OP (the end of TBC with the Wrath patch was hilarious), and it was rightfully nerfed. Now warriors are genuinely OP (I'm sure they aren't alone as well) although not like that, and yet they haven't been nerfed to where they need to be.

Nah, we'll cancel our subs instead. I'd love to PVP at the moment but there's no point when it's dominated by two classes. I have better things to do with my time.

Now if Blizzard do continue balancing the game with flavor of the month cycles and by making a few classes OP for a while in order to encourage people to reroll then expect warriors to be underpowered for the first half of WOD. If that happens then I will be defending you. I won't be telling you to "get better".
    If you believe in earnest that Blizzard plays favorites, then there is nothing constructive to come from this conversation.

Also, please suggest what makes warriors OP mechanically, and how to fix them. Coming in and saying warriors are OP without backing your statement up with at least a why, is it? Get back in line with the other sheep.

Deleted
    If you believe in earnest that Blizzard plays favorites...
    They do. It's by design. They buff and nerf classes to balance class populations. All you need to do is check Tom Chilton's posts during TBC to see that for yourself.

Only this time the buffs were overkill. Probably because PVP isn't a top priority for them at the moment. But notice how quickly they solved the long ques in 2v2 when that became a problem. They solved the problem quickly because it was popular like PVE.

Also, please suggest what makes warriors OP mechanically, and how to fix them. Coming in and saying warriors are OP without backing your statement up with at least a why, is it? Get back in line with the other sheep.
    Just look at the arena ladders and class representation.

It doesn't really matter since nothing is going to really change until WOD and then this cycle will start again. I am hoping that Blizz plan ahead more in PVP to make the game more enjoyable for more than just 2-3 classes, but we shall see.

If you believe in earnest that Blizzard plays favorites, then there is nothing constructive to come from this conversation.

Stop the pointless rhetoric. Theres a load of good reasons why warriors are OP atm and they've been worked through in detail. Denialists like you are hilarious though, backing your OP class to the hilt in the face of all reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Stop the pointless rhetoric. Theres a load of good reasons why warriors are OP atm and they've been worked through in detail. Denialists like you are hilarious though, backing your OP class to the hilt in the face of all reason.
    Link one. Any one I've read would break warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

They do. It's by design. They buff and nerf classes to balance class populations. All you need to do is check Tom Chilton's posts during TBC to see that for yourself.

Only this time the buffs were overkill. Probably because PVP isn't a top priority for them at the moment. But notice how quickly they solved the long ques in 2v2 when that became a problem. They solved the problem quickly because it was popular like PVE.

Just look at the arena ladders and class representation.

It doesn't really matter since nothing is going to really change until WOD and then this cycle will start again. I am hoping that Blizz plan ahead more in PVP to make the game more enjoyable for more than just 2-3 classes, but we shall see.
    Except that doesn't line up with reality. As I stated before, paladins are an extremely popular class, but no one in their right mind would say they are OP, or even balanced well. Similarily, hunter representation wasn't at an all-time low at MoP launch, yet they were at a point of being more OP than current warriors for two seasons. Shamans as damage dealers are extremely viable, yet no one is claiming there is suddenly too many shamans. In short, this is exactly why representation is a dogshit reason to point to OP. By your logic, paladins are too OP because there are more of them than any other class.

Deleted
    Except that doesn't line up with reality. As I stated before, paladins are an extremely popular class, but no one in their right mind would say they are OP, or even balanced well. Similarily, hunter representation wasn't at an all-time low at MoP launch, yet they were at a point of being more OP than current warriors for two seasons. Shamans as damage dealers are extremely viable, yet no one is claiming there is suddenly too many shamans. In short, this is exactly why representation is a dogshit reason to point to OP. By your logic, paladins are too OP because there are more of them than any other class.
    So a popular class should be weak just because it's popular? I'm sorry but that's a recipe for disaster.

We all complained about the OP classes. You must have missed the topics (especially BM hunters with their endless uninterruptable CC).

The message that Blizzard have sent to players is: play something that is underpopulated and it will always be OP until it becomes overpopulated then they will nerf it for several months. It's sad how brutally effective this method of balancing populations has been.

Listen, you enjoy being overpowered for a while. The rest of us will quit the game and find something better to do.

So a popular class should be weak just because it's popular? I'm sorry but that's a recipe for disaster.

We all complained about the OP classes. You must have missed the topics (especially BM hunters with their endless uninterruptable CC).

The message that Blizzard have sent to players is: play something that is underpopulated and it will always be OP until it becomes overpopulated then they will nerf it for several months. It's sad how brutally effective this method of balancing populations has been.

Listen, you enjoy being overpowered for a while. The rest of us will quit the game and find something better to do.
    Warriors have always been extremely popular as well. There is no point in my post where I said that population total is a reason to make a class weak. My point is, REPRESENTATION DOES NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN A DEFINITE SIGN OF CLASS POWER. Denial of this is simply idiotic.

Take mages for example. This game has never lacked for mage players, yet how many years now have they been strong? If Blizzard truly did as you claimed, both mages and paladins would be a couple of the most often adjusted classes in the game. But they aren't. But since you are making this ridiculous favoritism claim, could you please point out when a class was under rep'd and was buffed until their rep was high, then nerfed?

There is no point in taking representation numbers seriously because apart from a dedicated minor percent of PVPers that stick to one class, the rest (of PVPers) are fotm. The vast majority of people I know PVP with at least 2-3 classes switching to which is better at that particular time.

That means that warriors are strong.

That also means that warriors have either been strong or weak, because they have never been in the middle of the representation table. Either bottom low or all the way to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    There is no point in taking representation numbers seriously because apart from a dedicated minor percent of PVPers that stick to one class, the rest (of PVPers) are fotm. The vast majority of people I know PVP with at least 2-3 classes switching to which is better at that particular time.

That means that warriors are strong.

That also means that warriors have either been strong or weak, because they have never been in the middle of the representation table. Either bottom low or all the way to the top.
    This is pretty accurate IMO. Warriors seriously need a bit of a revamp, their current class design is to blame for there being no middle ground.

Smile

lol people who think blizz favorites warriors. after warriors being shit all last season.There is another class i would say if i believed such a notion. These threads are pointless, once one class gets knocked off the top of the mountain the next will rise. Its a never ending cycle, these threads are purely about getting one class nerfed in hope of your class being the next op thing. Very few people want balance they just want their class to be the best. Most of the suggested changes in this thread are idiotic and random babblings of some raged out player who just got blown up in arena. Yes warriors are out of control, i have exploded in a couple of globals more than i care to remember, but thats the way it is for now. Lets be honest if warriors ever got nerfed this season we would be here the next day talking about mages so you have to suck it up for now and hope blizz gets their shit straight or hope your class wins the op lottery.

happy new years!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    lol people who think blizz favorites warriors. after warriors being shit all last season.There is another class i would say if i believed such a notion. These threads are pointless, once one class gets knocked off the top of the mountain the next will rise. Its a never ending cycle, these threads are purely about getting one class nerfed in hope of your class being the next op thing. Very few people want balance they just want their class to be the best. Most of the suggested changes in this thread are idiotic and random babblings of some raged out player who just got blown up in arena. Yes warriors are out of control, i have exploded in a couple of globals more than i care to remember, but thats the way it is for now. Lets be honest if warriors ever got nerfed this season we would be here the next day talking about mages so you have to suck it up for now and hope blizz gets their shit straight or hope your class wins the op lottery.

happy new years!
    I think its blizz's way of keeping peoplevfrom crying about mages whovare always overpowered and never seeva nerf without a subsequent buff.

Deleted
    Warrior arms atm = CAST(interrupted) -> Pummel -> CAST(interrupted) -> Disrupting Shout -> CAST(interrupted) -> Spell Reflection -> CAST(reflect) -> Mass Spell Reflection -> CAST(reflect) -> Storm Bolt -> CAST(interrupted) -> Shockwave................. Have I forgotten something? Oh yes! If warrior is Blood Elf it still comes Arcane Torrent! Do not forget the very high damage at all........ It's f*****g JOKE....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You miss the fucking fear aswell... yea well putt fahrin. Warriors defending the warrior class such a sad story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Estarius View Post
    Warriors are fine. I am not playing a warrior, although I did make one to learn their weakness. Now, we just beat most of them. The only thing I would change would be Bladestorm... Make them go slower while doing it, that's it (And still most of BS Warriors are actually much easier to beat than those taking shockwave).

I would much rather if they nerfed resto druids to be honest.
    You mean feral right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrin View Post
    Warrior arms atm = CAST(interrupted) -> Pummel -> CAST(interrupted) -> Disrupting Shout -> CAST(interrupted) -> Spell Reflection -> CAST(reflect) -> Mass Spell Reflection -> CAST(reflect) -> Storm Bolt -> CAST(interrupted) -> Shockwave................. Have I forgotten something? Oh yes! If warrior is Blood Elf it still comes Arcane Torrent! Do not forget the very high damage at all........ It's f*****g JOKE....
    Charge stun and fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms warrior too OP. Damn it. Reduce his damage by 5% at least ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Charge stun and fear.
    Ops, rly sorry, It's hard to remember everything.... So let's start again - Pummel, Disrupting Shout, Spell Reflection, Mass Spell Reflection, Storm Bolt, Shockwave, Charge(if Double Time talent 2x), Intimidating Shout(fear) - Can anyone tell me how it is possible to kill this piece of shit as caster?...

Deleted
    To be fair, i don't think many warriors still run with mass spell reflection, but you may put in a second pummel at the end of your list as it should be off CD at that time

A caster is not meant to beat a warrior 1v1 if a warrior is allowed to get close / stay there.

Don't nerf warriors. Why? Because OP as warrior may be, it's actually a fairly elegant solution to power-creep on casters, hunters and rogues who's damage, need I remind you, is even worse; And who's CC capability is through the roof compared to warrior.

I play a warrior, I also play a monk and a rogue. And in all fairness, I'm having more fun fighting warriors over wizard / druids. When I play PvP, I want to FIGHT, not hump pillars for 40 minutes while they slow me, heal up and fish for procs all game. It's just not fun.

If anything, I think more classes should be like warrior -- less CC / more pure brawn power to make PvP about PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER, not PLAYER versus STUNNED BLINDED CYCLONED SHEEP-FROG.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrin View Post
    Ops, rly sorry, It's hard to remember everything.... So let's start again - Pummel, Disrupting Shout, Spell Reflection, Mass Spell Reflection, Storm Bolt, Shockwave, Charge(if Double Time talent 2x), Intimidating Shout(fear) - Can anyone tell me how it is possible to kill this piece of shit as caster?...
    In your case the warrior has mass spell reflection and shockwave. So if you root the warrior, he stays rooted unless he wants to blow insignia on roots.
    Lot of people don't understand that warriors can't have shockwave and bladestorm OR root break and mass spell reflect OR stormbolt and bloodbath/avatar.
    As a mage, I have no issues against warriors in 1v1, because I know warriors well, have one as PvE main.

It seems very few in this thread understand that nerfing warrior mobility/anti cc would turn them into crap, warriors were utter crap in 5.2. Arms warrior damage is actually low compared to mages, rogues and hunters, they just can keep doing it most of the time.
    So if warrior mobility/reflects get nerfs, arms does need either damage buff or cc buff to be viable.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |