Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I said it before, and will say it again (with a twist). You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am glad You are not the final say so. 50k is chump change, and I would pay it, just seems excessive. Also, outdated items like the Northrend Wormhole Generator and the Kirin Tor rings were overpriced even then. They should be 1/10 that price now since they are all but completely irrelevant these days.
    See, that's the beauty of opinions.. You found those items to be overprized, I only found them to be expensive, and understood why they were expensive. I bought them, and enjoyed their benefits so much, that I suddenly realized the benefits justified the costs.
    I also thought I was being rather relaxed... If 1 teleport location costs 5950g (at Exalted), then 30 times that would be 178500g..
    Now, in reality, there are 50 tamers in the game. 49 in the world, and 1 at the darkmoon faire..
    Sounds pretty decent to me to spend 1000g for a teleport to each and everyone of them, for the rest of all times.. 1000g x 50 tamers is 50k...
    Since OP talked about a Stone, that could therefore be BOA, like the battle stones and the bandages are as well.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    See, that's the beauty of opinions.. You found those items to be overprized, I only found them to be expensive, and understood why they were expensive. I bought them, and enjoyed their benefits so much, that I suddenly realized the benefits justified the costs.
    I also thought I was being rather relaxed... If 1 teleport location costs 5950g (at Exalted), then 30 times that would be 178500g..
    Now, in reality, there are 50 tamers in the game. 49 in the world, and 1 at the darkmoon faire..
    Sounds pretty decent to me to spend 1000g for a teleport to each and everyone of them, for the rest of all times.. 1000g x 50 tamers is 50k...
    Since OP talked about a Stone, that could therefore be BOA, like the battle stones and the bandages are as well.
    For that price, BoA would be an absolute must.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is such a pain. I haven't done them in weeks, I honestly only did them long enough to level the pets I needed for the celestial tournament. That would be an awesome idea. I understand people whining about the game handing people stuff. But come on. We' already done it several dozen times, I don't think a process to make it easier would hurt. Make it a rare drop or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that price, BoA would be an absolute must.
    Look also at another aspect.. Such item would be more powerful than the traditionally most powerful class in the game for that ability...
    50 teleports compared to a mage and his teleports.
    Given, the item isn't a portal per se, but not even mages can get to 50 different locations for themselves.

I just park an alt at each of the trainers that I want and do my pet battle dailies that way. All the benefits are BoA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    It is such a pain. I haven't done them in weeks, I honestly only did them long enough to level the pets I needed for the celestial tournament. That would be an awesome idea. I understand people whining about the game handing people stuff. But come on. We' already done it several dozen times, I don't think a process to make it easier would hurt. Make it a rare drop or something.
    Try hundreds of times lol

I just finished my last unique pet yesterday dinging 25. 563 unique pets. That's not counting the ones I have 2 or 3 for battle purpose. Not counting the ones I leveled to give away whether as a gift or to sell them.
    It was a long way to go, but it wasn't a pain in the ass either. The key was to do it in moderation. I could have been several month faster, but then I'd probably have burned me out, and now ask for an easier way too...

And that is my business, and I enjoy doing them to continually level my lower pets. Playing the game my way since I pay for it. I don't tell you to stay away from Goldshire on MoonGuard, maybe you could offer something more constructive than a foot stomp and a "don't like it, don't do it" dumbass response.

PS - I got ahead of myself, and knew it was Scribe. Gonna fix that so other pedantics don't shit a brick.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it did.

I suggest you check out one of the thousands of pet leveling guides then. It's much faster camping the aquatics in the vale to level pets. The XP you'll get from the trainers outside of Pandaria is nothing compared to the XP you'll get from battling the level 24s there. Plus the travel time to get to those tamers slows it down even more.

Use two level 25 flying pets and the lowbie pet you're leveling - unless you get bad RNG, even level ones will survive one swap in since the aquatics usually start with a heal. The lowbie pet will get all the XP and it's even faster if you stack biscuits and the hat. There's a spot in the southwest just on the other side of the stable master there that aquatics spawn nearly continuously. You can heal up after a short hop to the stable master as well.

You can level a pet to 25 in about 35 minutes or once they're up to around 10 or so you can do all the pandaria dailies and level a few that way. I prefer to stop around 22ish and use the aquatics at that point since the pandaria tamer XP gains are much more beneficial to lowbie pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I suggest you check out one of the thousands of pet leveling guides then. It's much faster camping the aquatics in the vale to level pets. The XP you'll get from the trainers outside of Pandaria is nothing compared to the XP you'll get from battling the level 24s there. Plus the travel time to get to those tamers slows it down even more.
    I can say from personal experience, that it is even possible to bring a lowbie toon (I was doing this with a level 23 toon) all the way into the back to the Mistfall Village to battle the pets there behind the inn. I leveled my toon and a lot of my pets at the same time.
    For shit and giggles. it takes about 100 pet battles there to level your toon from 89 - 90. Depending whether one has the hat or not. The battles do not go towards your rested status, so you stay rested the entire level. Double whammy right there. For your toon to gain XP, you want to make sure your lowest level pet in the battle is not less than 5 levels below your opponent.
    I also observed that within the first 10 levels of the pet, it won't get the maximum amount of XP from the battle. It appears to scale a bit. That also happens later once the pet is level 20+ depending on the opponents pet level. But a level 24 pet gets only around 450ish XP for fighting a level 24 pet.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-02-05 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    All this bitching...

Why not just make a stone, for 10k, that teleports you to a Pet Battle Dojo, with all of the trainers already there?

Do all your dailies, don't have to travel, can't be abused.

Fuck, was that hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post

Use two level 25 flying pets and the lowbie pet you're leveling - unless you get bad RNG, even level ones will survive one swap in since the aquatics usually start with a heal. The lowbie pet will get all the XP and it's even faster if you stack biscuits and the hat. There's a spot in the southwest just on the other side of the stable master there that aquatics spawn nearly continuously. You can heal up after a short hop to the stable master as well.

You can level a pet to 25 in about 35 minutes or once they're up to around 10 or so you can do all the pandaria dailies and level a few that way. I prefer to stop around 22ish and use the aquatics at that point since the pandaria tamer XP gains are much more beneficial to lowbie pets.
    This,

and...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaprin View Post
    I just park an alt at each of the trainers that I want and do my pet battle dailies that way. All the benefits are BoA.
    This.

I figured in the old world and Outland, there are a grand total of 2, the one at Karazhan and the blood elf in Shadowmoon that you cannot camp a LEVEL 1 (one) at. If you get unlucky in Winterspring, you might get the rare chimera pass by you and get raped, but otherwise, almost every tamer can have a lowbie camp it and you just login, battle, logout. Login, battle, logout. It takes a little time, and a dual seater mount to get the level 1 toon to the tamer, but, after that, it is easy peasy. Hell, Pandaria elementals tampers are all WAY away from any mobs, they almost beg you to camp a lvl 1 there. I haven't done the beasts of fable in a while, but it seem to remember that they have hostiles near them, but still, that is a handful of tamers you have to fly to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    All this bitching...

Why not just make a stone, for 10k, that teleports you to a Pet Battle Dojo, with all of the trainers already there?

Fuck, was that hard?
    We don't have such dojo with all tamers (not trainers, those are other guys ) in one place.

Deleted
    The Northrend wormhole teleporter was way more expensive, plus required some sort of grind.
    not true.

The Dalaran ring, the cheap one costs still 6500 and it teleports you to how many locations? ONE...
    when the ring was relevant it was dalaran with a portal to every city + portal to caverns of time, the later is still there....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I haven't done the beasts of fable in a while, but it seem to remember that they have hostiles near them, but still, that is a handful of tamers you have to fly to.
    From the top of my head, only 2 have hostile mob nearby... It's 10 beasts. But they are utterly useless, unless you are after the xp booster item. I only ever really did the Book II more frequently. That one quest takes but a few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    All this bitching...

Fuck, was that hard?
    Only reason I did not recommend that was they would say the world trainers would be "obsolete". It is easier to craft an item that brings me to them rather than spending the resources to make an entire arena.

Why don't they just put the rewards in your spellbook so you can just log in and get the reward without wasting time battling pets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Why don't they just put the rewards in your spellbook so you can just log in and get the reward without wasting time battling pets?
    I rather enjoy pet battles. It relaxes me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    not true..
    Of course true.. Look at the mats....
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=48933/wo...ator-northrend
    Now consider making this item while it was current, at the beginning of WotLK....
    Titanium bars were very expensive. Eternals were variously expensive. I spent right around 1k worth of mats, yet 1k back then was a lot more than 1k nowadays.
    1k today is pocket change.

They've also left the portals to the main capital city in Dalaran. SW and Org are still present. I happen to still use the ring every now and then, and still it benefits me in regard of time saved compared to travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course true.. Look at the mats....
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=48933/wo...ator-northrend
    Now consider making this item while it was current, at the beginning of WotLK....
    Titanium bars were very expensive. Eternals were variously expensive. I spent right around 1k worth of mats, yet 1k back then was a lot more than 1k nowadays.
    1k today is pocket change.

They've also left the portals to the main capital city in Dalaran. SW and Org are still present. I happen to still use the ring every now and then, and still it benefits me in regard of time saved compared to travel.
    While I agree 1k was alot back then, there were more expensive items... like the Chopper. 17k in mats. By today's standard, 50k could be a reasonable price. Though at that price, just to pet battle, very few of us would likely ever buy it. I would... but not sure about others.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how certain people want "opinions" and "discussion" but only when such discussion agrees with their stance. You have multiple people in here telling you why they don't like your idea without being rude and personal, and you just keep blasting them.

And as for the idea that any dissenting opinion is trying to make everyone play the game in one individual's way, isn't that what ANY idea like yours is? Any type of change on this scale changes the way people play the game. Sometimes the game changes in a way that benefits you, sometimes you don't. I would never personally spend the hours per day you seem to battling every single pet tamer, but that's your prerogative. Doesn't mean anyone who disagrees with your idea to make YOUR daily routine easier is encroaching on your gameplay.

Maybe immersion was the wrong word. I've been playing this game a while, like you seem to have been, so I've seen plenty of the world. Do I particularly enjoy flying all over the place to do dailies? No. But would I rather sit in a city and queue up all day or just mash a button to appear on another continent instantly? No.

But to each his own.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make a Pet Battle Tournament, not like Celestial ones though since that isn't really a tournament. More like the Pokemon Gym Battle thing