Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    It's a game, you guys are pathetic arguing over numbers that don't affect you. Shit nothing stays at it's peak forever and WoW is aging so ofcourse the subs will drop. 7.8 mil is a lot of people still playing.
    So much this.

I am so fucking sick of this bullshit every 3 months.

It does sum up MMO-C for me though.

All it is is fanbois and haters raging at each other.

I actually wish blizzard would stop publishing sub numbers and just talk about profits to their investors.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I guess you aren't playing right now or haven't logged in on one of dead realms. There are such dead realms.

And where did you get 23.5k number? Now that's bullshit.
    I just resub 2 weeks ago and its damn empty on every server. and 23.5k inactive accounts probably last time i heard in 08 each wow server handles 300 players per faction total 600. But i may be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument I see here on both sides is pathetic and ill-informed.

Get a grip, the game is old and is past its peak.

The graph shows that.

It is far from dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I just resub 2 weeks ago and its damn empty on every server. and 23.5k inactive accounts probably last time i heard in 08 each wow server handles 300 players per faction total 600. But i may be wrong.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Dying or not this game set standarts for mmo genre. And it will continue to do so.

Teso ? Swtor ? Wildstar ? GW2 ? They just started their journey or they will. But in the end to match this games quality they need much more.

Some of you guys like predicting the end of wow. Showing silly graphics or materials to prove that it will. Yes it will die sooner or later. But it wont be because of those graphics or facts. It will be because sooner or later there will be a new top dog.

We all know wow wont reach 0 subs easily or soon in 3-5 years, will be supported even if there is only 1 realm left. And will carry on. It has no major bugs or problems unlike other mmos had or will have, for example i thought i would play warhammer when it came out and leave wow but it was buggy as hell. Blizzard already knows how to handle those bugs or solved major problems.

So do you want wow to die and burn out ? You better start spending your money on those video game companies that are aiming to take wows place and its earnings. Otherwise you have years to wait. Not to mention wow is already ahead and 7.8m people paying them regularly each month, buying ingame items from store.

Millions played wow for 10 years and will still play. Even if it falls to 2m subs who will be able to reach its numbers?

Deleted
    That are numbers from december when content was still "fresh" now its going downwards because nobody wants to do another 6month of dead realms an SoO again and again again and again and again and again... you get the point...
    Last edited by mmoc0fc2032db7; 2014-02-07 at 09:07 AM.

Haven't let my sub lapse ever. Simply too lazy to go through the motions of cancelling and re-subbing in phases of reduced activity. Instead I try to make use of my game time. There's still 1 or 2 legendaries I don't own.

At this point: GREAT NEWS.
    Finally an increase after a long time of decrease.

I hope this gives everybody a positive injection to go forward positively.

Deleted
    Never thought it would rise. But oh well, similar to the 'secrets revealed' thing Blizzard did maybe they started to count their trial accounts into this.

Lets wait for the next 2 quarters. WOW has never lost subs over Christmas and probably will hold its own cause of RAF. But there are more than 6 months to next expansion... and still counting. 6 months because Blizzard has already stated that the beta for WOD will be no shorter than for Cata... and that was 6 months. So... Lets see how things stand in 8-10 months time when we might actually not have the new expansion out... after Blizzard told us they had "plans" to shorten the gap between last raid and the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Never thought it would rise. But oh well, similar to the 'secrets revealed' thing Blizzard did maybe they started to count their trial accounts into this.
    No - Blizzard added new recruit a friend rewards (4 of them) so those ppl that wanted those rewards needed to make new accounts and pay for 2 months on each. Those players are not really playing the game tho... Hence we still hear desperate calls for more connected realms.

Deleted
    It's a shame Blizzard announced that just after their major banwave, cheap move. All the banned accounts still had active subscriptions at that time (you can't even cancel a subscription while temporarly banned, but I'm pretty sure that the accounts which had gametime left, counted as "active" subscriptions for blizzard, eventhough they were permanently banned). If you check different forums, you'll see that the banwave was massive - botters usually bot with 5, 10, sometimes even 50 accounts. Numbers reported were huge, so 200k up from that wave wouldn't surprise me. Botters gotta bot

Oh and last year, when there was some sort of bigger banwave with honorbuddy, blizzard put the expansions and shizzle at 50% price after that. Blizzard is not stupid and it knows that people who make real money with that game (botters) or are too retarded to play it properly but are at the same time extremely addicted (interrupthackers, rotationbotters etc), will continue playing no matter what (and will pay for that).
    Last edited by mmoc4ac51853ab; 2014-02-07 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    These numbers are padded by the people who resubbed for 5.4 and by people with multiple accounts. If you unsubbed within the last three months, you will still count as a "sub" because you were active at least once within those months. I've seen a lot of people unsub since the release of SoO, so I expect the next quarter call to be a lot rougher on subscriber numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    So far. Oh and a paid instant boost to 90 is coming, didn't they say?
    Which you could just take the 2 days to do yourself if you didn't want to pay anything....

I knew there was a reason why they were giving out massive amounts of "Return to WoW" free gametime last 2 months.

ghostcrawler leaving

In your FACE Jaylock! Better stop predicting in the future as you clearly are not able to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    How many years does it take for you people to understand that subscription-numbers aren't a major factor in quality?
    Is the requirement for the game, when it's doing fine, to steadily grow half a million subs per quarter?

The MMO market is tapped. I'm amazed they still manage to keep this many people. Shows how the game has steadily improved to combat the inevitable sub loss as people streaming in falls below people leaving (which happened during WotLK, equilibrium). But nah, I bet many here thinks players didn't leave during classic, BC or even WotLK (thinking back to the forums at the time, I can nothing but laugh). Of course there has been periods where sub losses intensified (late 3.3, 4.3), but the same thing happened in BC as well.. but the decrease in new people were shrouded by a, still large, playerbase who hadn't tried WoW yet.

Am I cheering because of +200k? Not really, it doesn't significantly affect my gameplay. And it shows that Blizzard is able to keep the game alive, almost a goddamn decade since release.
    The peak of 12 million was FOUR YEARS AGO. The sub graphs show nothing but an inevitable growth, maturity, plateau, decline as with any product or service. Only thing that changed was the ratio between players joining (finite source, I might add) and players leaving (inevitable).
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-02-07 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    sourse wowprogress.com
    TOTAL - 1416227
    HODE - 706449
    ALIANCE - 709778

Im not saying my personal experience means anything but I know a bunch of people who have either come back or just started playing for the first time and a bunch more who are just waiting for WoD.
    Couldn't have said that a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESO Beta starts => More subs to wow. Makes sence!