Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The price is too MUCH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    If anyone is new it is you. NOTHING about the leveling experience teaches you about rotations and cooldowns and avoiding stuff on the ground etc...
    Especially questing, you use 3 spells (or less) to kill a mob and move to the next one.

And low level dungeons have so few hazards in them these days, and healers are so OP at low levels, that you can just stand in EVERYTHING and not die and win in 2 seconds.
    You must be new as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I can't believe what WoW has become. Evidently me unsubbing after the WoD announcement is among the best decisions I've ever made in my life. TESO can't come soon enough.
    TESO is forcing you to pay extra money to buy the collectors edition to unlock a core race. I suppose you're fine with that though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You realise that by selling 90s on the store they are REDUCING the number of copies of WoD that will be sold because if they didn't some people would buy copies just for the free 90.

When you take WoD, battlechest, 1 month of sub (which IIRC you need in order to add an expansion) and a character transfer back to your main account the cost of a 90 via that way is about $100 or so.
    I'm saying if you already have an account that's active, can't you just buy another copy of the expansion and merge it with your current bnet one to get a 40 dollar 90? I've never done this so I'm not sure. I'm glad we can actually buy and skip shitty leveling since leveling is NOT content but 60 dollars is really expensive for the small amount of time needed. If you really try at it, it takes like 50 hours around on a specific class to hit max level in Tera (granted it's actually fun to play Tera unlike leveling in WoW) where as if you really try it's probably 15 I'd say with RAF and shit now for WoW to hit max level. I think it's way too expensive. Hell the only leveling I really dislike is Pandaria and they're going to nerf that before the expansion comes out so 15 hours w/o RAF will likely be pretty easy.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Whoa there buddy, I said 'it's like 12 hours' Sure that's a bit low for nonRAF but you can do near that with help. Sure the amount of effort is unreasonable but the amount of time needed to level is paltry. While I hate leveling as much as the next guy, charging for 50% MORE than the expansion costs just makes it sound like they're trying to get people to buy multiple copies of the expansion so they can say 'it sold so many more than the last one!!!11!' even though they'll probably not have that many new subscribers.
    I hate posting on comments here but I feel obligated seeing people post junk like this. Ok, first it takes more like 50 hours with help to get to 90. Secondly you would need to buy the battle chest $20 mop $20 wod $40 then pay $25 to transfer to your account. That is $105. They could easily charge up to that. Seeing as the only reason they are implementing this is to not have stuff like my second point . Which is the exact opposite to what you are claiming. They are STOPPING people from getting new accounts.....critical thinking is lost on many people here.

Count me in the masses who were expecting a more reasonable $30-$40, not the price of a new fucking game. Guess I'll have to really think about what horde toon to reroll with come expansion time...

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxiom View Post
    You must be new as well.
    You keep saying this... Could you at least try and explain what you mean?

What in the process of levelling a character from 1-90 teaches you:

1) How to properly tank.
    2) How to properly heal.
    3) Proper rotations for DPS.
    4) Proper use of cooldowns.
    5) How to work fight mechanics.
    6) How to gem and enchant your gear.

etc...

Simply calling people new isn't exactly getting your point across.

That price is pretty absurd, I guess Ill probably never use that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Whoa there buddy, I said 'it's like 12 hours' Sure that's a bit low for nonRAF but you can do near that with help. Sure the amount of effort is unreasonable but the amount of time needed to level is paltry. While I hate leveling as much as the next guy, charging for 50% MORE than the expansion costs just makes it sound like they're trying to get people to buy multiple copies of the expansion so they can say 'it sold so many more than the last one!!!11!' even though they'll probably not have that many new subscribers.
    Getting a character through the expansion will still cost the average person $60 (20 for classic through MoP and 40 for the expansion), and that's if and when they combine MoP into the classic chest. It's still much cheaper to get a RAF account ($20), load it with however much time you need (max 3 months = $42), and burn through however many characters you want. RAF 7 characters, and free boost the final 3 to 85, now you have a whole new server of 85's for the same price as a boosted lvl90. For someone not willing to spend that kind of money on a single character, or for someone who enjoys the leveling process, that's not a bad idea. It also gives blizzard the benefit of an added subscription for their board to look at.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    TESO is forcing you to pay extra money to buy the collectors edition to unlock a core race. I suppose you're fine with that though right?
    That's not even remotely in the same universe as skipping content. Leveling is a core part of WoW and every other MMORPG on the market.

Imperials weren't even announced as playable until that. Not to mention there were deals all over the internet to get a brand new games CE for $60 (see; Green Man Gaming and Gamebreaker.tv) which is the same price of the normal version. If people were too stupid to not shop for sales, not my fault they didn't get the free perk.

Deleted
    WoW Community reactions to level 90 Boost:

NOVEMBER: What!? A Level 90 boost!? I hate it! I swear I will never use it!!!

3 MONTHS LATER: What!? 60 bucks!? Now it is so expensive I can't use it!!!!

6 MONTHS LATER: Dude, it's only 60 bucks. Totally worth it, and a nice feature too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    No...

WoW on the other hand, is going P2W soon, this is the 1st step in that direction...

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, now I know that I won't be buying the boost. I put my limit at $5-10 for a free 90. Noway am I spending $60 on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valentine1 View Post
    I feed on your hate.

It is curious that you've unsubscribed yet still frequent the forums...
    People like you are exactly why quitting WoW was one of the best decisions of my life. I invested 8+ years and over $1k dollars into that game. I frequent the forums because I care what happens to Blizzard (big Starcraft 2 fan) having been a fanboy since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. In addition, I write articles for a popular MMO website so I frequent all MMO news since it is kinda part of my job...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Haha, now I know that I won't be buying the boost. I put my limit at $5-10 for a free 90. Noway am I spending $60 on it.
    Did... Did you really think that this was going to be priced at $5-10? I mean, honestly? You thought that $5-10 was going to be the rate to have a level 90 character?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    WoW Community reactions to level 90 Boost:

NOVEMBER: What!? A Level 90 boost!? I hate it! I swear I will never use it!!!

3 MONTHS LATER: What!? 60 bucks!? Now it is so expensive I can't use it!!!!

6 MONTHS LATER: Dude, it's only 60 bucks. Totally worth it, and a nice feature too.

NOOOOOOO!!! I hate you! It is NEVER totaly worth it!!!! 60 bucks I will pay for the game NOT for boosting 1 character to 90!! And what is nice here?? If you like to pay more extra money, then you should be hate money I guess...
    I guess, it is free, but now I am soooo be disappointed...

I hope they give a free lvl 90 boosting with collecton etidon...

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Did... Did you really think that this was going to be priced at $5-10? I mean, honestly? You thought that $5-10 was going to be the rate to have a level 90 character?
    No, that's not what he said. He's willing to pay $5-10 for a boost to 90 not more, that's what he said. It's called comprehension.

15+ Year Old Account
    Timewise, for me, it's still worth it to buy the boost. That's just a couple hours of work for me. I could conceivably work an extra OT and buy 5 toons, but I won't. It's the principle. But then again, I enjoy the leveling process. I would have rather seen single use experience boosters for cheap ($1/hour ish) than this.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Deleted
    Hm I think the people working in their pricing department did a good job.

Not too low to have it abused and people complaining about it.
    Not too high to make buying more copies of WoD and merging your accounts worthwile.

I was expecting it to be cheaper and probably they will have sales (-25%, -50%?) a few months into WoD.

As it stands RAF seems much much better (which it should be).

Aren't those helmets like 15 bucks? people were expecting cheap 90's, really?