Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I know for a fact they will do something about it under certain circumstances.
    Certain being the keyword. I highly doubt that you have been camped for what would fit that criteria. There obviously becomes a point where doing it for too long is considered harassment. It would have to be pretty extreme, like the site says.

Deleted
    just had some nice world pvp on vale of eternal blossoms, on a pve realm enemy and me equally geared. that was fun

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the point of this thread is that the unbalanced world PvP shouldn't be encouraged like people on the forums say. Why is this a hard concept?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways I'm done talking to a wall. Everyone wants things handed and explained to them rather than looking for themselves. You all have proven several times that you aren't even grasping what I'm saying. Maybe that's my fault, idk, just pay attention to WPvP you see and notice how bad it is. Why it is rarely a positive part of gameplay.

World pvp is not an issue for me. I'm smart, I know I don't like random pvp so I joined a pve server
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

They intended for unbalanced PvP? Tell me more.
    They've allowed the use of legendaries and other powerful pve gear in ranked pvp for years. Dude they don't give a shit about pvp in general.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-03 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...back in my day... when we got camped working on quests we had to give the dungeons a try. And there were no RDF. We had to walk both ways... ...in the snow...

No but seriously there are multiple ways to level now. Hit up a BGs or RDF and see if the gankers are still there when you get back. Also, not all but, most of the level brackets have more than one area to level in. If you're undead for example and don't like the questline, you could take the little teleport thingy to Silvermoon and level up there. Assuming you know the way to the Blood Elf starting area.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Caps don't make you right or your point clearer.
    CAPS MAKES IT TRUE -jk

Quote Originally Posted by PomPyro View Post
    ...back in my day... when we got camped working on quests we had to give the dungeons a try. And there were no RDF. We had to walk both ways... ...in the snow...

No but seriously there are multiple ways to level now. Hit up a BGs or RDF and see if the gankers are still there when you get back. Also, not all but, most of the level brackets have more than one area to level in. If you're undead for example and don't like the questline, you could take the little teleport thingy to Silvermoon and level up there. Assuming you know the way to the Blood Elf starting area.

CAPS MAKES IT TRUE -jk
    That is pretty much a fact can't really argue against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the point of this thread is that the unbalanced world PvP shouldn't be encouraged like people on the forums say. Why is this a hard concept?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways I'm done talking to a wall. Everyone wants things handed and explained to them rather than looking for themselves. You all have proven several times that you aren't even grasping what I'm saying. Maybe that's my fault, idk, just pay attention to WPvP you see and notice how bad it is. Why it is rarely a positive part of gameplay.
    A few things
    1. You said you were done a few pages ago, what happened to that
    2. What you're saying is that 3v1 in the world at random isn't fair, and something should be done about it. Nothing can, nor will it, because Blizzard disagrees with you.
    3. A PvE server would solve your problem 100%, as you could choose to Wpvp only when it is advantageous to you.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2014-03-03 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spechuling

For me, the problem is not the ganking. It happens. You crossed paths. Tough. Sure, get killed in an unfair situation is all fine.

The problem is the camping. When that person or groups then decide to stop you from playing, that is when I think there is a problem. Some would say bring a friend of groups or switch to another char. That may work in some cases.

Imagine this. A guild or a group of guilds decides to camp a raid entrance for several hours for several nights. This could potentially ruin your guilds raid night. Would you be happy if this happened? Suppose they did this for several days. Would this still be okay?

How is this any different to someone camping another person? When does camping becomes a problem for everyone rather than just the odd person?

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    For me, the problem is not the ganking. It happens. You crossed paths. Tough. Sure, get killed in an unfair situation is all fine.

The problem is the camping. When that person or groups then decide to stop you from playing, that is when I think there is a problem. Some would say bring a friend of groups or switch to another char. That may work in some cases.

Imagine this. A guild or a group of guilds decides to camp a raid entrance for several hours for several nights. This could potentially ruin your guilds raid night. Would you be happy if this happened? Suppose they did this for several days. Would this still be okay?

How is this any different to someone camping another person? When does camping becomes a problem for everyone rather than just the odd person?
    They arent stopping you from playing. They are changing the route of your gameplay. If you cant handle others influencing your game, dont play a multiplayer.

It will ALWAYS be okay, becausse you choose to be on a PvP server, or to flag on a Normal/RP server. If you want to raid, they arent stopping you. They are just making you fight them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They arent stopping you from playing. They are changing the route of your gameplay. If you cant handle others influencing your game, dont play a multiplayer.

It will ALWAYS be okay, becausse you choose to be on a PvP server, or to flag on a Normal/RP server. If you want to raid, they arent stopping you. They are just making you fight them first.
    The whole point of some people here is to say that there is one aspect of a gameplay that feels bad for some people, and why should it be changed. World PvP is a great idea, possibly leading to epic battles and clashes, but with the current system its peak of capability is "a few players spamming AoE at Dark Portal". Discouraging from such actions (for example with dishonorable kills, which would make sense in this enviroment), and awarding players for starting battles would fix the problem, since players wanting to have some PvP action outside of scripted instances would have their game. And the solution is quite simple - better honor awards for kill streaks against players of your level, chance for loot bags dropping from your enemies, currency that can be spent for some fun stuff and more.

Don't hate players who are pissed off that there is no real-action battles on PvP server.

I like PvP servers, but I see this as a growing problem. Thus the thread.
    What do you exactly like about PvP servers. Reading a few of your posts you apparently don't like anything about them.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post

Would I be happy? No. Would I be mad at blizzard? No. Would I blame blizzard? No. What you just described is a perfectly legit tactic for a guild to use on a pvp server.

Camping becomes a problem when it happens somewhere it shouldn't. IE pve server. Thing is it would never happen on a pve server as 99% of the time pvp is agreed upon by both parties.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The whole point of some people here is to say that there is one aspect of a gameplay that feels bad for some people, and why should it be changed. World PvP is a great idea, possibly leading to epic battles and clashes, but with the current system its peak of capability is "a few players spamming AoE at Dark Portal". Discouraging from such actions (for example with dishonorable kills, which would make sense in this enviroment), and awarding players for starting battles would fix the problem, since players wanting to have some PvP action outside of scripted instances would have their game. And the solution is quite simple - better honor awards for kill streaks against players of your level, chance for loot bags dropping from your enemies, currency that can be spent for some fun stuff and more.

Don't hate players who are pissed off that there is no real-action battles on PvP server.

Joining a pve server does not mean there is no world pvp. If you like the once in while random pvp you can play on a pve server and just run around flagged.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

You are completely wrong because without the mount/pet rewards attached to the bloody coins I doubt anyone would bother with it. There is an incentive for the pvp on the timeless isle even if you refuse to see it.

Edit: Apparently I can't read for a while after work. Anyway...the only time to get these rewards is pretty much right now since most people will move on after MoP. I know 3v1 isn't a fair fight but that's how you make sure you don't die there. It sucks but just stop going there if it's that bad or take your occasional death without complaining.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2014-03-04 at 12:10 AM.

so let me get this straight, PVP happened on a PVP server?

Working as intended.

ITT: OP calls people egocentric yet proceeds to claim that 10 pages worth of responses/solutions to his individual problem are all wrong and he is right, based off his own opinions and lack of factual information. Kid has some serious issues.

Seems legit. Can we close this so we can all stop feeding this troll?

People act like 3 people fighting you is sure death.

I think it's hilarious when people try to attack my ret.

Noobs die in 3 attacks. nom nom nom nom

So I guess this thread it just full of people saying its fine to have imbalanced 'World PvP' because its somehow fun for everyone involved? Uh huh. Its not. And telling someone to reroll is just childish, honestly.

No compromise where someone can elect not to PvP when doing dailies, like a 'pacifist' debuff that lasts for maybe an hour which you can buy from a vendor, used once per day?

Or maybe having people able to unflag themselves regardess of the server type, with the difference between PvP and PvE servers being the same as RP and non-RP ones - the community, not the game rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    You are completely wrong because without the mount/pet rewards attached to the bloody coins I doubt anyone would bother with it. There is an incentive for the pvp on the timeless isle even if you refuse to see it.

Edit: Apparently I can't read for a while after work. Anyway...the only time to get these rewards is pretty much right now since most people will move on after MoP. I know 3v1 isn't a fair fight but that's how you make sure you don't die there. It sucks but just stop going there if it's that bad or take your occasional death without complaining.
    I didn't need incentive. Soloing a huge group of people fighting evermaw while wearing monkey + censure was one of the greatest moments in WoD for me.

Screw Lei shen Heroic. This was MILES more satisfying

- - - Updated - - -

Also Honrable mention for stunning people and guildies when they are fighting the ONESHOTYOURFACE yaungol in the cloak zone.

Blizzard are geniuses. So much fun

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I didn't need incentive. Soloing a huge group of people fighting evermaw while wearing monkey + censure was one of the greatest moments in WoD for me.

Screw Lei shen Heroic. This was MILES more satisfying

- - - Updated - - -

Also Honrable mention for stunning people and guildies when they are fighting the ONESHOTYOURFACE yaungol in the cloak zone.

Blizzard are geniuses. So much fun
    You sound like the worst kind of person to play with.
    'Solong people fighting evermaw' You mean ganking them while they aren't focused on you? You're exactly the kind of bad that needs to run around ganking on T.I.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    ITT: OP calls people egocentric yet proceeds to claim that 10 pages worth of responses/solutions to his individual problem are all wrong and he is right, based off his own opinions and lack of factual information. Kid has some serious issues.

Seems legit. Can we close this so we can all stop feeding this troll?
    It's not my individual problem. I see people in general every day with this problem. People, on a PvP server, complaining about it what seems like every hour.

Point out where I'm wrong. Do it. Anything you give me will be your opinion.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-04 at 03:43 AM.

Dear Blizzard:

For the love of Elune would you put a huge disclaimer when they click a PVP server that says "YOU WILL GET GANKED REPEATEDLY AND IF THIS IS A PROBLEM CLICK HERE TO GO TO A PVE SERVER" ...I'm sorry but you made your bed you lay in it..if you don't want to be there fork the money over and go a PVE server

Love
    Someone who is sick of hearing people on a PVP server bitch about the fact that there are people who pvp on pvp servers

PS: I realize this wont stop it