Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    It's not really going to be "pay to win" when they still have 10 more levels - the most relevant ones - to get.
    Yeah but how long till Blizzard changes it to "Boost to 100"?
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly maybe boosts should have come purchasable in "10 level" increments at a cheaper rate, though it wouldn't be as much of a jackpot for Blizz of course.

Why even bother caring what this person is doing with their money.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Thread backfire huh? He won't even show his face.
    Yes i will show my face. Not saying im right just saying why even bother to play the game if it comes down to this.

Soon we might see boost to 550 ilvl or something. Less likely, but maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the day where one of their innumerable "show me the money!" ideas really, REALLY backfires. Sad as it may sound, I'll be laughing hysterically.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yes i will show my face. Not saying im right just saying why even bother to play the game if it comes down to this.

Alright crazy, when the 90 boosts meant to be an incentive to get people to play WoD give 550 gear, you can bitch and moan.

Until then, your crazy imagination and conspiracy theories are not reality, and you have to acknowledge that or no one will take you seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Looking forward to the day where one of their innumerable "show me the money!" ideas really, REALLY backfires. Sad as it may sound, I'll be laughing hysterically.
    You're even deeper in fantasy land if you think any of their paid services will really bring out the ire of that many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    When the expansion after WoD comes out.

Newsflash: What people decide to spend their money on is none of anyone's business. There are probably tons of things the OP has dumped money on that people here would ride him/her ragged on.

This Just In: WoW was never a hardcore game. Ever. It has always been a casual-friendly game since day one. Quality of life improvements and optional services DO NOT equate to "dumbing down".

10+ Year Old Account
    people arguing about others that get boosted 90s is a prime example of how communities divide. for example, I would be extremely excited if i found out a co-worker or someone i knew played WoW.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    When the expansion after WoD comes out.
    You don't say!?
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    OP might want to sit down and take a deep breath before you read this.

People have been finding ways to skip or speed up 85-90 since MoP was released.

What I dont understand is why anybody should care what people spend their money on? Some people trow out hundreds of dollars on cigarettes, some one soda, and some on hookers. So why not on boosting a character to 90? Lvling is so darn boring anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    What I dont understand is why anybody should care what people spend their money on? Some people trow out hundreds of dollars on cigarettes, some one soda, and some on hookers. So why not on boosting a character to 90? Lvling is so darn boring anyways.
    Because hookers are awesome and boosting is bad.

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-14 at 10:48 PM.
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    Only morons believe shit like this will happen.

Did you come her to brag about being an asshole to a random passerby in order to start a discussion that's already in several different on-going threads?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Maybe because not everybody wants to go questing for hours on end? I hate the leveling grind with a passion, and you know what, I make enough money to where $60 vs 20 hours of my time level grinding the $60 comes out ahead and I won't look back. On the other hand, I love organized raiding and arenas, so leveling is just a waste of time to me. A lot of people enjoy the leveling experience, and those who don't, such as myself, but still want to play the endgame content, may find this update as something great.

Blizzard is just a money hungry company. They made this game more "casual" so more people would play...therefore, more money in their pocket.
    Name 1 company that doesnt give a shit about money, lol
    Besides, blizz has done a lot to make their playerbase happy - if everyone was miserable with the game they wouldnt have this many players.

Only thing i dont like is when a tier lasts a year but i guess thats how all end tiers are. Icc, Ds and Siege were all around a year and end tiers. Wonder if Wod end raid will last this long, who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeandbake View Post
    Maybe because not everybody wants to go questing for hours on end? I hate the leveling grind with a passion, and you know what, I make enough money to where $60 vs 20 hours of my time level grinding the $60 comes out ahead and I won't look back. On the other hand, I love organized raiding and arenas, so leveling is just a waste of time to me. A lot of people enjoy the leveling experience, and those who don't, such as myself, but still want to play the endgame content, may find this update as something great.
    IMO, If you want to do end game content you should have to put in the effort to get there...
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so confused as to why people have such a problem with this. If $66 is too much to pay for a game, then $15/mo is too much to pay for a game. It's relative to your interests, your income, and your lifestyle.

Even if you make sub-minimum-US-wage in your work, anything which takes more than 10 hours in-game starting to look pretty appealing for $66 if you don't enjoy it at all. i.e. if you make $66 for 10 hours of work IRL (hopefully you make more), and you are considering spending more than 10 hours doing something you don't like in WoW, it may be in your best interest to throw $66 at it instead.

Of course in either case you also have to consider the opportunity costs of going in either direction- that is, how else could you spend the money v.s. how else could you spend the time.

Me, I like leveling. I can't even be arsed to relearn a class I haven't played in a while when it's sitting at 90. I'll just delete it and reroll instead. But if you want to spend $66 on a boost, spend $66 on a boost. Christ.

Object to that when it happens. Pre-objecting is silly.

Back when Blizz made race changes possible people were lamenting that it was just a matter of time until they made class changes available and then people would just be purchasing class changes to the best healer/DPS/tank as the rankings changes yet here we are something like 6 years later and no class change feature has been introduced by Blizzard.

You are likely objecting to something that isn't going to happen.