Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I'd go for a 290 then, I have no issues running thief at the very highest settings at 60+ fps with mantle. Turn on trueaudio and you will be happy you got the 290 over the 280x.
    I would advise against spending additional money just for sake of that abomination that calls itself thief. I do not know what trueaudio brings to the table but whole game, especially sound system is broken as hell.

I'd go for 280x unless non reference 290 is about the same price

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry you do not like Thief. I am quite enjoying it, so any improvement in graphics for me would be nice.

I am on a 6950, so I have to turn most everything to low to average around 45 FPS in game.

I think I will wait a little longer to see if prices drop anymore. The Sapphire 290 Tri-X has gone from $750 USD to $490 in the past month on Newegg.

I was also looking at the 280x Vapor Tri-x which is currently $390.

From the benchmarks I have seen it looks like the increase of money is proportional to the performance increase. Around 20%-30% difference in FPS

Deleted
    And there are some pictures of the R9 295 X2 out now as well

Pricing is probably not final, but a bit to much imo. You are better off getting 2x 290 (x) if you got the space But I will make a final opinion when I see some reviews of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be honest, that looks pretty bad visually :/
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Why are there solder points for a Crossfire bridge?

10+ Year Old Account
    More information regarding the card.

"Radeon R9 295X2 will be clocked at 1018 MHz with a memory clock at 1250 MHz. It has 8GB total memory and dual 512b interface. It is not confirmed whether R9 295X2 has full-fledged Hawaii cores or cut-down version, but latest leaks suggest it’s most likely Hawaii XT on board."

http://videocardz.com/50114/amd-rade...-briefcase-day

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Why are there solder points for a Crossfire bridge?
    Thats a pretty good question.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    I'm gonna be honest, that looks pretty bad visually :/
    I never understood, why would anybody give two shits how pc parts look, it will be locked in metal box standing on the side and not on display under glass, now will it? PC parts are supposed to be:
    1. performant
    2. reliable
    3. as cool as possible
    4. as silent as possible
    5. consume as little energy as possible

nothing else except price should matter

There are some people who obviously care, one great example is L3p D3sk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    I never understood, why would anybody give two shits how pc parts look, it will be locked in metal box standing on the side and not on display under glass, now will it?
    I don't know what it is, but I can't find myself enjoying gaming when my computer doesn't look neat and tidy and everything comes together in coloring. I guess it depends on the person

15+ Year Old Account
    I never understood, why would anybody give two shits how pc parts look, it will be locked in metal box standing on the side and not on display under glass, now will it?
    Because some people carve sculptures and some build computers. Do you also fail to understand why someone like's blue instead of yellow?

I never understood, why would anybody give two shits how pc parts look, it will be locked in metal box standing on the side and not on display under glass, now will it? PC parts are supposed to be:
    1. performant
    2. reliable
    3. as cool as possible
    4. as silent as possible
    5. consume as little energy as possible

nothing else except price should matter
    One could argue this logic with a simple example:

Person buys car A that gets 30Mpg compared to car B that get 32Mpg. Why? Because car B is painted bright purple and car A is painted black.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the card from another angle changed my mind, looks absolutly gorgeous!

- http://videocardz.com/50130/exclusiv...-295x2-preview

Looks like I need to find a buyer for my 290 to get this beast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Because some people carve sculptures and some build computers. Do you also fail to understand why someone like's blue instead of yellow?
    Not valid, completely different case, that would work if say one person liked card by amd over similarly performant nvidia one. More correct analogy would be picking blue race car over yellow one and not because what their respective specs are. And no building computers is nothing like carving sculptures unless you design look of whole thing and by design I actually mean design and not just match colors.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    One could argue this logic with a simple example:

Person buys car A that gets 30Mpg compared to car B that get 32Mpg. Why? Because car B is painted bright purple and car A is painted black.
    That also is different case, car is more like clothes and I could understand picking one by brand and or color over specs.

I really don't understand why colors would be relevant, unless you're going to build contraption similar to the one posted by Black Pearl. I'ts not like PC is there to be decorative, you wont be looking inside it all that often anyways, at least I see no reason to(other then cleaning it up) unless you bought case with "vision window", but I do not understand doing so either.
    Anyways this is going way offtopic, so might be best if we stop here before it escalates. Expect no further post about this from me here, feel free to pm me for w/e reason.

Seeing the card from another angle changed my mind, looks absolutly gorgeous!

- http://videocardz.com/50130/exclusiv...-295x2-preview

Looks like I need to find a buyer for my 290 to get this beast
    It looks hella nice! And depending on where you are located in Denmark, and what price u want, you might already have found a buyer (me!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    It looks hella nice! And depending on where you are located in Denmark, and what price u want, you might already have found a buyer (me!)
    PM sent

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of the 290/x did the prices ever go down? They still look pretty high to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Speaking of the 290/x did the prices ever go down? They still look pretty high to me.
    They've gone down significantly but it's still higher than MSRP.

295x looks like a 2 slot card? and the first time seeing a water cooled reference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganador View Post
    290 Vapor-X on sale in EU.

Dat Cooler!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-344-SP
    Looks amazing. Description made me laugh tho.

Sapphires 290 Vapor-X is the fastest 290 on the market with a core clock of 1050MHz but even more impressive is the 5600MHz memory clock and with 4GB of RAM making this card perfect for 4K resolution and latest games such as Titanfall, Diablo 3 etc.