Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Griefing Now Acceptable Behaviour In EU Support Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Not Blizzard
    EU Support will no longer accept tickets on Griefing Behaviour!
    Its time to grab your Level 92 Mobs that can 1-shot you with their special abilities (Crimsonscale Firestorm's make ideal Mob's on Timeless Isle as they hit for huge amounts) and Drag them to the Nearest Player You Do Not Like. Especially the player you keep seeing camping Huolon (Don't worry, we don't care if you do it to him constantly, every day for 2 weeks! Giving him a 1000+ Gold Repair Bill and a red-face with anger)
    Make sure you put /laugh into a Macro ready to spam at the player each and every time as well!
    Bonus Points for killing people who are AFK!
    Double Bonus Points for killing people who are the same faction as you
    Joke's aside (Felt I should take the opportunity to be funny, its not really even relevant to this post other to serve as a example of what Griefing is) Recently I've found Europe Support to be beyond a joke bad, now however they are even telling me Griefing is not something they deal with. (Instead you should report the player for Bad Language instead of a Support Ticket)

Has anyone else encountered this with Europe Support?
    Has Griefing Behaviour been removed from T&C Violations?

Fake Blizzard quotes aren't allowed here < My mistake, was only meant to serve as humour.
    Last edited by mmoc6a5a7ae332; 2014-04-16 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think even US support cares about or deals with griefing. As far as I know, the only time they intervene is if the effort to grief (on PvE servers specifically) destabilizes the server, such as it did when Isle of Thunder was first released and entire raid teams would hammer the opposite faction's boat for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think even US support cares about or deals with griefing. As far as I know, the only time they intervene is if the effort to grief (on PvE servers specifically) destabilizes the server, such as it did when Isle of Thunder was first released and entire raid teams would hammer the opposite faction's boat for hours on end.
    yeah if it happens on a PvP server they dont care. if it happens on a PvE server the do something about it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LostThunder View Post
    (...)
    Question: what happens if the player you're trying to grief moves out of the way?

And no, i have never reported someone for griefing, it's really hard to achieve in today's WoW. Everything is very clean, calculated and sterile. Last "griefing" exploit i remember was duing cataclysm, when you could drag an elite alliance NPC from somewhere in southern kalimdor up to orgrimmar and have it AoE the auction house and every player in a 40 yard radius instantly killing them.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2014-04-16 at 09:52 PM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Question: what happens if the player you're trying to grief moves out of the way?

And no, i have never reported someone for griefing, it's really hard to achieve in today's WoW. Everything is very clean, calculated and sterile. Last "griefing" exploit i remember was duing cataclysm, when you could drag an elite alliance NPC from someone in southern kalimdor up to orgrimmar and have it AoE the auction house and every player in a 40 yard radius instantly killing them.
    Your thinking of Shandris and she would kill Garrosh in seconds aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Your thinking of Shandris and she would kill Garrosh in seconds aswell
    That has to be the most epic way of Getting the For The Alliance Achievement (My mistake, did not realise she was Alliance Friendly) killing Garrosh I've ever seen. (Although I do feel for the Horde Players that got wiped out by the attack)
    For those who've not seen it. (I had not until a few minutes ago)

I'm curious if a similar method was used for the 2 days of everyone in Stormwind dying repeatedly about a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    This specific person is a stalker, if he see's me I essentially have to log out or go somewhere he won't find me. It's making Timeless Isle a no-go zone for me when he's logged in. He's Tank Spec, really well geared and he's extremely good at thinking of new ways to use mobs to kill me. (And he knows where every AoE Res Graveyard is. When I res, I die a second later! Falling Flame has been my ONLY successful escape method most of the time)
    Last edited by mmoc6a5a7ae332; 2014-04-16 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    Griefing is one of the last few fun things left in this game. Spent half of my play time in cata griefing as there was nothing else to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    This specific person is a stalker, if he see's me I essentially have to log out or go somewhere he won't find me. It's making Timeless Isle a no-go zone for me when he's logged in. He's Tank Spec, really well geared and he's extremely good at thinking of new ways to use mobs to kill me. (And he knows where every AoE Res Graveyard is. When I res, I die a second later! Falling Flame has been my ONLY successful escape method most of the time)

You're describing this player and attributing to him/her omnipotent and omnipresent traits! :P Are you going afk near mobs on the isle? how can a tank specced player kill anything? have prot/blood PvP specs made a comeback?
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Its fun. You should join in and have some fun. Anyone can avoid being griefed if they actually try.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This.

"griefing" is not bannable, nor actionable in anyway. If there is a severe effect it has, like in the instance of entire factions not being able to play, then they will respond, but it has to be, as Darsithis mentioned, extended periods of time

Deleted
    Just a update, I ended up getting a good support persons today after yet another incident (Affecting other players as well as me) by the same person.

It got classified as Harassment and action was taken against the player, who I've not seen for hours now

Anyone that has someone of the same faction performing this behaviour should make it clear to the person doing it that they want to be left alone by the player and then report it to support if they continue the behaviour after being asked to stop it.

Griefers are human detritus. Report grieving behavior whenever you can. If someone is persistently keeping you from some activity in ordinary gameplay (a 90 standing on a quest mob respawn spamming AOE, for instance) and you can't do anything about it (the old 'PVP solution', which often isn't available on a PvE server), they are grieving you. Report 'em on the off chance someone does something about it.

Just a update, I ended up getting a good support persons today after yet another incident (Affecting other players as well as me) by the same person.

It got classified as Harassment and action was taken against the player, who I've not seen for hours now

Anyone that has someone of the same faction performing this behaviour should make it clear to the person doing it that they want to be left alone by the player and then report it to support if they continue the behaviour after being asked to stop it.
    This is bullshit, they don't tell you what happens to other players. Further, leasing mobs is not harassment, so unless they is a lot you didn't share, either your lying, making assumptions, or a GM needs to be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Griefers are human detritus. Report grieving behavior whenever you can. If someone is persistently keeping you from some activity in ordinary gameplay (a 90 standing on a quest mob respawn spamming AOE, for instance) and you can't do anything about it (the old 'PVP solution', which often isn't available on a PvE server), they are grieving you. Report 'em on the off chance someone does something about it.
    Read the rules.

Griefing is not bannable

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    yeah if it happens on a PvP server they dont care. if it happens on a PvE server the do something about it.
    Not entirely true. I've seen people banned for griefing on pvp servers. If they tell you to report bad language, you just hit the stupid GM by the way. Report again and if others do the same there will be consequences.

But er, honestly, start being able to defend yourself will probably solve most your issues!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    This is bullshit, they don't tell you what happens to other players. Further, leasing mobs is not harassment, so unless they is a lot you didn't share, either your lying, making assumptions, or a GM needs to be fired.
    Maybe you need to read the thread before jumping to retarded troll-ish assumptions. Firstly the player was fixated on me after I told him multiple times on multiple days to leave me the hell alone. This is why it got classified as harassment. (He was the same faction as me in case this was not obvious to you from what I just said!)
    Thanks to it happening again since my first ticket they were able to clearly see this was the case.
    Secondly, in a effort to avoid the player I had him on my friends list. He DC'd literally seconds before the GM Chat popped up and I've not seen him since.
    Hope this makes a little clearer to you :P
    Last edited by mmoc6a5a7ae332; 2014-04-17 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Read the rules.

Griefing is not bannable
    Gonna argue with the human detritus part?

10+ Year Old Account

I'm curious if a similar method was used for the 2 days of everyone in Stormwind dying repeatedly about a year ago?
    Back in vanilla, when Lord Kazzak was in the Blasted Lands, it was possible for Horde to kite him into Stormwind, where he'll slaughter en mass and can't be stopped due to him healing himself whenever he kills something.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp happening on a pvp server is acceptable.
    harrassment of a player is not.
    Hi

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been bannable for a good while. I believe "training" more mobs to other players fighting mobs was bannable but I've pulled those cave monster, giant turtles and AoE fire taurens to Timeless Isle Court and kill hundreds, nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

You have no ways to avoid it? Hard to imagine he can do all that with you in game trying not to get screwed. Sounds like you're afking for a rare, he kills you (and probably others) and then you get annoyed. Which is understandable, but maybe turn on sound in background next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!