10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskalden View Post
    No, but maybe you want to pretend I did so you can craft another sarcastic and hyperbolic post.
    To sum up the conversation, Russia says, "men and women are different." Europe says, "This is hyperbole." And a few Americans came on here to ask for links to scientific studies proving such. Good night interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    aaaand here
    Russia had almost 1% growth this first quarter while Ilves' country got 1,9% gdp contraction. Are you really in a position to hurl insults?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Russia had almost 1% growth this first quarter while Ilves' country got 1,9% gdp contraction. Are you really in a position to hurl insults?
    Russian economy is going down, all if its ''stats'' of further development downgraded.Looking rather bleak.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3T07H20140430

Estonian economy has positive outlook : http://estonia.eu/about-estonia/econ...c-economy.html
    http://www.economist.com/news/books-...173f4f0f060a07

Insults =/ critique.

And if you cared to google just for 1 minute, Q1 contractions have been there for like 4 years.Still growing,not stagnating like russian.
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-05-14 at 07:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia could abolish Duma and nothing would change,literally.Whatever important Putin says or does gets accepted without any resistance in there - something you dont see in Western countries where every law is scrutinized,every change from opposition or position meets massive resistance from either parties - a normal political process.

Russia is 1 man rule.Name me any radical change or important law that was accepted in Duma that met opposition?

Your statement clearly shows your lack of knowledge how laws are accepted in Russia. Just so you can understand the degree of how you are wrong, i'll tell this:
    USA could abolish Congress and nothing would change,literally.Whatever important current President says or does gets accepted without any resistance in there - something you dont see in Eastern countries where every law is scrutinized,every change from opposition or position meets massive resistance from either parties - a normal political process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Your statement clearly shows your lack of knowledge how laws are accepted in Russia. Just so you can understand the degree of how you are wrong, i'll tell this:
    USA could abolish Congress and nothing would change,literally.Whatever important current President says or does gets accepted without any resistance in there - something you dont see in Eastern countries where every law is scrutinized,every change from opposition or position meets massive resistance from either parties - a normal political process.
    Whats up with russians immediately jumping to US when they are under critique? As if I care about US democratic process.

positive outlook
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4A02T20140511

Positive my ass. Their main trading partners are Sweden and Finland both of whom are having problems and weak demand. The situation is especially bad in Finland where Nokia was destroyed by Microsoft and hundred thousands of jobs and economic output was lost. Finland much like most of Europe needs Russia to be in good economic shape since 20% of Finish exports go to Russia.

If Russia goes down you will be one of the first to get fucked. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4A02T20140511

Positive my ass. Their main trading partners are Sweden and Finland both of whom are having problems and weak demand. The situation is especially bad in Finland where Nokia was destroyed by Microsoft and thousands of jobs and economic output was lost. Finland much like most of Europe needs Russia to be in good economic shape since 20% of Finish exports go to Russia.

If Russia goes down you will be one of the first to get fucked. Keep that in mind.
    IF and WHEN, dont you see a difference between real statistics and future prognosis? Future and present tenses?
    They are in stagnation and recession RIGHT NOW, Estonia has a possibility of that.

Who suffered from S&P and IMF rating cutdowns few weeks ago? Thats right.

Whats up with you and Ilves,sounds like you have a personal grudge against someone who has been a succesful at all stages of his career.

Bye.
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-05-14 at 07:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but maybe you want to pretend I did so you can craft another sarcastic and hyperbolic post.
    Craft sarcastic posts... isn't it the thing I do?

I hope this post starts 1000th, anniversary page.

Edit: D'oh!

Deleted
    1000 pages !

If I were Russian, I would laugh about stagnation and recession. In the past, people there have experienced such things that current predictions are nothing else than a mosquito bite. These are insignificant things compared to the fact that Russia finally doing something in their national interests (and thus against US). All those sanctions are great actually. Good enemy is always better than a shitty ally. As for EU... well, either they will crawl back after cold winter or will be affected by another wave of crisis. Choice is up to them.

Here in Ukraine, we'll get at least 4% GDP recession this year (and more likely close to 10%), and many years of misery if we choose to move towards EU. But noone really cares. So-called "national idea" is much more important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    1000 pages !
    Congratiulonez!

*Mexican music*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    1000 pages !
    Loofy's face on your avatar fits this perfectly

Great movie by Germans about double standards and demonizing Russia and Putin. Top quality political satire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwD_xrHcnOk - original, in German.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxlz0R-zEtI - translated to Russian.
    Not sure if there is english version.
    Last edited by Seo; 2014-05-14 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Congratiulonez!

*Mexican music*
    Thanks !

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-.../25382987.html

This is good news for Moscow. Russia's usual supporters among the far left are expected to gain an extra 16 seats, up from 35. But it is the far-right parties that are expected to receive the biggest boost, doubling their representation to more than 100 members of the European Parliament (MEPs).

The fringe parties on the right vary in their levels of support for Russia but it's clear that they cast a friendlier eye on the Kremlin than the mainstream political parties. Some find common cause with Putin in their dislike for the European Union and the United States, whereas others admire his strong-hand policies toward gays, immigration, and the state's role in the economy
    Evil Kremlin usurping the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Seo View Post
    Great movie by Germans about double standards and demonizing Russia and Putin. Top quality political satire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwD_xrHcnOk - original, in German.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxlz0R-zEtI - translated to Russian.
    Not sure if there is english version.
    Hahaha, "The values of the West (to lie, mass destruction weapons) may never fall into the hands of the East."
    "When the bad do something bad, it's bad. When the good do something bad, it's good."

Deleted
    Its truly ironic that Russias new found allies in Europe are borderling fascists,most of them with raging hard on for good olde 30s autocracies.

Its truly ironic that Russias new found allies in Europe are borderling fascists,most of them with raging hard on for good olde 30s autocracies.
    It simply shows how "good" EU policies happen to be for those who elect them... that's democracy for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seo View Post
    If I were Russian, I would laugh about stagnation and recession. In the past, people there have experienced such things that current predictions are nothing else than a mosquito bite. These are insignificant things compared to the fact that Russia finally doing something in their national interests (and thus against US). All those sanctions are great actually. Good enemy is always better than a shitty ally. As for EU... well, either they will crawl back after cold winter or will be affected by another wave of crisis. Choice is up to them.

Here in Ukraine, we'll get at least 4% GDP recession this year (and more likely close to 10%), and many years of misery if we choose to move towards EU. But noone really cares. So-called "national idea" is much more important.
    This attitude,posture would be rational if russia wanted to remain a definition of ''backwardness''. I doubt that any of them want to be labeled like that.

Ukraine was trying to be neutral with pro-Russia leanings for 23 years and when choice came, well we know what happened.Look at statistics of Poland and Ukraine in 1991 - Poland chose EU/NATO and where it is now? Example of massive reforms,strong growth and rather good future in all sections of economy and politics.
    Ukraine,Im sorry to say this but at the moment its a failed state.I dont think it has much future,unless you want to become something like Belarus,in integration with Russia.

This attitude,posture would be rational if russia wanted to remain a definition of ''backwardness''. I doubt that any of them want to be labeled like that.
    "Backwardness" is very questionable definition. If we are talking about overall values and community, then I'd easily choose to live in a backward country than in "advanced" europe. If we are talking about economics, then yes, probably. But US will not be able to reload Cold War times. Russia will remain major player in world economics and politics regardless of sanctions.

Ukraine, Im sorry to say this but at the moment its a failed state.
    It is difficult to say about Ukraine as of state. Who knows what regions will remain in Ukraine by the end of the year.

Ukraine was trying to be neutral with pro-Russia leanings for 23 years and when choice came, well we know what happened.
    This coup is not the first. We had another one with Timoshenko and Yuschenko. They were screaming about evil Russia back then too. There were millions of idiots waiting Ukraine suddenly turn into a prosperous state too. It ended up with a fiasco. This time it will be even worse due to a split in society and the nazis in power. As for "neutral" - well, what part of Ukraine do you mean? If Eastern and Southern then yes, but it still mostly pro-Russian and will stay as it. If central or western then no, since independence there have always been anti-Russian sentiments. Yes, with varying intensity but still.