View Poll Results: Are you attracted to your main?

Voters
650. This poll is closed
  • Yes

155 23.85%
  • No

495 76.15%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not at all. That would just feel awkward...

However I do think my Human Female Warlock is wickedly awesome. Commanding an assortment of demons to do my bidding and raining the fires of hell down upon my foes, is where the fun for me in this game is at the moment.

Deleted
    I'm sure that most of us, at character creation, only clicked Create when we were happy with the appearance and name we gave our character. This means that you made the character pleasing to yourself, and thus attractive.

As expressed earlier in the thread, this is not sexual. If it is sexual for some then i would question that.

Unless you went out of your way to create a character that you were not happy with and found visually displeasing, then you find your character attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I'm sure that most of us, at character creation, only clicked Create when we were happy with the appearance and name we gave our character. This means that you made the character pleasing to yourself, and thus attractive.

As expressed earlier in the thread, this is not sexual. If it is sexual for some then i would question that.

Unless you went out of your way to create a character that you were not happy with and found visually displeasing, then you find your character attractive.
    There is a huge difference between "Are you attracted to your main?" and "Do you think your main is attractive?"

The former implies sexual/emotional attachment.

The second one does not hold those sexual/emotional connotations. If OP worded the question in his title just a bit differently, he would have gotten a vastly different response.

Considering that my main is a male Human Death Knight no.. My Night Elf Monk on the other hand.. even more so in WoD.

Deleted
    Main no.....BUT I am quite attracted to my female gnome alt. Female gnomes are the cutest thing ever. And now with the new models actually.....I think my main will be a female gnome. So yeah I am.....

This thread is so fucking real

holy shit

lol
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    And 99 of them are not serious. At least i hope not.
    The things I'd do to my character if it could be real.

Deleted
    I play a female cow, what do you think?

On a more serious note, it would be fun to have a real talking cow. I'd make a killing in ads alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I play a female cow, what do you think?

On a more serious note, it would be fun to have a real talking cow. I'd make a killing in ads alone.
    Of course you are attracted to her, right? They're fluffy and adorable.

Since my main and all of my characters are male, absolutely not.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Of course you are attracted to her, right? They're fluffy and adorable.
    Wait, what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Wait, what?
    What, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Male nelf voice = sexiest player voice.
    I can agree, as a male voice though. I really like female night elf and blood elf!

People are attracted to mine. Those new female Draenei models, however...

Deleted
    Im a fat panda, i regret my decision of making it a fat panda lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Plenty of people are attracted to drawings.

Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Thor, every shoujo male char ever, etc.
    That's anthropomorphizing a drawing. Basically saying.....if Batman was real he would be someone I would be attracted to. I don't think that is what the OP is saying, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    That's anthropomorphizing a drawing. Basically saying.....if Batman was real he would be someone I would be attracted to. I don't think that is what the OP is saying, but I could be wrong.
    Well what do you think I'm asking?

My question: how else could you even entertain this question?

Maybe this is where the whole "no I'm not attracted to pixels thing" is coming from.

I am not asking: Are you attracted to the red, blue and green hues of light projected to your eyes (that just happens to form an image of a fictional living entity with human-like qualities).

The irony here, is actually how the "pixels" being projected into your eyes that forms the image of the "fictional" entity, is actually just as visually real as any "living" human. In that: the image of the "living" person you are attracted to, is as possibly real to your visual sense than to the fictional character in WoW. It is only by physically touching the "living" person that you can convince yourself he/she is real. Just because you can't "touch" the fictional character, doesn't mean your brain won't be tricked just as easily to being attracted to "pixels" as to a man/woman you just met for the first time in "real life".

So in the end. I believe every single person who voted "no" is living in a state of self delusion. If you have ever looked a celebrity or seen a picture of an attractive man/woman, and also choose "no" you are deluding yourself.

That is all

Deleted
    No, maybe some of my alts...

No. She's a panda. That would just plain be queer

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Well what do you think I'm asking?

My question: how else could you even entertain this question?

Maybe this is where the whole "no I'm not attracted to pixels thing" is coming from.

I am not asking: Are you attracted to the red, blue and green hues of light projected to your eyes (that just happens to form an image of a fictional living entity with human-like qualities).

The irony here, is actually how the "pixels" being projected into your eyes that forms the image of the "fictional" entity, is actually just as visually real as any "living" human. In that: the image of the "living" person you are attracted to, is as possibly real to your visual sense than to the fictional character in WoW. It is only by physically touching the "living" person that you can convince yourself he/she is real. Just because you can't "touch" the fictional character, doesn't mean your brain won't be tricked just as easily to being attracted to "pixels" as to a man/woman you just met for the first time in "real life".

So in the end. I believe every single person who voted "no" is living in a state of self delusion. If you have ever looked a celebrity or seen a picture of an attractive man/woman, and also choose "no" you are deluding yourself.

That is all
    Well then what you are really asking is......would you be attracted to another version of yourself. Because the personality of your character......is you. The difference between looking at a picture of a real person and a character model in the game is that the real person is.......real.

Honestly I thought this was some form of objectum-sexuality. For instance: