Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People confuse potential with results. MOP had plenty of potential..........all wasted. Mediocre raid content with a few good encounters thrown in. Everything else outside of raids........totally irrelevant and not worth the subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, this jaylock thread was a big let down. What did he do wrong in this thread compared to their other threads so far? What could he have done better?

For me it was:

• Ignorance of interesting raids
    • Lack of creative things to say about raids
    • Asian style theme hating
    • Major emphasis on panda bear hating
    • Saying on the one hand the game is too hard
    • Saying on the other hand its far too easy
    • Horribly Impatient
    • Sits in town and ques up for everything... he admits it.

This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to read past the list in this new thread.

If he did some things differently, like not focus an entire thread on raids (and pandas), and actually created legitimate reasons for why I should be bored of wow, my interest would have been captured much more than it was.

The theme of WoD is already by far the best change they could make for the game. Get players out of the old content and back into new content.

What made this the worst thread yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in his next one?

I disagree, MoP has certainly renewed my interest in this game. In my own opinion it was much better than Cata and about on par with WoTLK and TBC for fun value, especially since they returned to no flying while leveling, real world bosses, as well as mobs and rare elites that have mechanics that are lethal if you don't avoid them.

The catch up system on the Isles is nice for those of us who are just returning, as no one is running Tier 14 or 15 content outside of LFR.

Jaylock, you sound like you are getting burned out, what about just taking a break from the game until WoD launches?

other then the pvp it was the 2nd best expansion for me, behind TBC, sure it had its downfalls like daily overdose, but most issues are nitpicking or simply ridiculous like pandara doesn't "fit" in warcraft.

I thought it was a very good expansion. I didn't play enough TBC so I can't really rank it. WOTLK was my favorite then MoP then Cata.

Deleted
    I preferred the feel of MoP to Cata.

But I believe Blizzard have become wholly incompetent at developing class development and complex class mechanics post-Wrath. The changes in MoP were only cumulative to bad class changes in Cata.

FUTURE PREDICTION: "Threads denounce WoD as worst expansion to date! New expansion soon!"

you mean isn't a very good expansion. got 6 more months of it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

What made this the worst expansion yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in WoD?
    You just can't let it be can you? You have made it quite clear that post TBC, WoW has gone downhill. Yet you keep posting the same rhetoric. For what?

Angry

• Lack of interesting raids

I don't know how to explain the raids...they were all about the new creatures in MoP - apart from ToT of course. Siege felt mostly like a rerun enviroment and the rest of the raids I didn't feel a strong attachment to them. I liked ToT the most. But they were all about the new lore, rather than past explainations.
    • Lack of creative raid mechanics

Define "creative"
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe

New continent hidden from the rest of the world, has it's own culture. Have you even travelled at all bro? Who says the whole wow universe has to be wartorn?
    • Major emphasis on panda bears

I was going to say too much emphasis on the friggen klaxxi, I hate them.
    • Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system

The higher the ilvl the better, how is that confusing?
    • Instant gratification gear catch up system

Boosts?
    • 9 months of SoO and counting...

10/14HM - I dont mind the extra time to kill it.
    • The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"

Pet battles, challenge modes, pvp and rbgs, legendary questline, heaps of rare mounts and rare items to collect, Brawlers, Proving Grounds and MOAR

I liked Mists of Pandaria. There have been heaps of things to do. Regardless that I quit for 6 months for work but yeah. Enjoyed it.

Not going to be one of those people in 3 years time saying "I miss MOP"

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    ...not enough conflict?

You have got to be joking.
    ***Interesting Conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Have to disagree on most of your points.

9+months of SoO is tedious...but I'd rather have that then them rush out WoD.
    What would be wrong with a rushed WoD? I'd rather have shit tons of bugs than another 6 months of SoO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What would be wrong with a rushed WoD? I'd rather have shit tons of bugs than another 6 months of SoO?
    Proving you are willing to say anything if it means you'll get your content faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was awesome. Probably one of the best, if not the best expansion so far. TBC is the only expansion that can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    MoP was awesome. Probably one of the best, if not the best expansion so far. TBC is the only expansion that can compare.
    I agree, it was between MoP and BC for me. BC has heavy bias though because of the epicness of my first raiding experiences. I think MoP is better in terms of game quality though.

Bear in mind this guy thinks TBC was the best because of its raid design, but doesn't like MoP raid design that had fights like Lei Shen and Siegecrafter that had more mechanics than literally entire raid zones did in said time.

Listening to and replying to someone trying to get a rise out of you by posting flat out wrong statements is going to do nothing but cause you frustration

It was pretty good. (million times better than Cata) The main problem with it is the insane wait for new content we are in right now. If WoD was launching in June this would be a great expansion but December? Pretty horrible.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    "I totally agree! <current expansion> ist the worst expansion of all time! It's even worse than <last expansion>! I really hope <next expansion> will be as good as BC."

I quickly made a template for threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So something that has been isolated for 10,000 years automatically means asian theme on Azeroth?
    Well, something that has been isolated for 10.000 years can have what people might see fit in the development team? Think, really. If you use this as an arguement, then we can arguement any theme they would have had.

Oh no, western themed, it has been gone for 10.000 years, how can it be that... Or no.. Orc themed... there's no orcs.. how can it be that... Oh no, rural themed.. all just living in huts.

All games gets inspiration to develop and progress they races, and all have some sort of connection towards a theme that EVERYONE already know. So drop that useless arguement of such. Asian is a theme, HECK, there's a known theme shown in all races in World of Warcraft...

... but noo.. you have to go and attempt to defend it with an attitude of, "It has too much of said theme"... Soooo, humans have too much of their theme as well? That is quite medival, all of it.. Too much? Draenei's theme too shiny? Too many crystals? Orc, Tauren and Troll theme can be found a ton of places... Too much too?

-------------

Another hit, lets see, you call Mists of Pandaria to have a lack of creative mechanics, yet you preach for The Burning Crusade. Hit stuff, move away from stuff and then hit it again, need good heals.. Or a good runner - There.. Described a good handful of bosses from The Burning Crusade. Vanilla had a good list of favorites as well as a big list of just dull fights. Decurse, decurse, decurse.. Pop survival, need buff, get out of the bad.. stand on your spots, add control, add control, add control.

Yet you swat fights away like Lei Shen, Siegecrafter and Elegon. Heck, could even go as far as saying Garalon was a good punch, horrible boss, but it did prove it's fight to people.

-------------

And the gear catch up system, was bound to happen one way or the other. And it worked, how little you wish to agree, it worked. Brought many more into the raids, of course maybe not the right ones for you but knowing a good handful of people whom started raiding when they could catch up with their alt. Making to be good raiders even.

-------------

But again, hard to discuss this subject when his only right thread about a bad expansion was for Cataclysm. For now, it still lies lowest on the list for MANY. As well, stop with your building up of dodgy threads, reactions were given and you have a smile. But in the end, many of your previous threads went down the drain. A lot could have been saved for good discussions but you have to twist it just a little to turn it bad, "why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?".

Heck, even I had to hijack a few of your threads to actually turn them around before they would just end up being useless arguements.

But of course, we all are allowed to share our opinions, views and ideas. Some just wish to poke people with it more than others. Love that forums can bring forth people to allow them to talk out and share, of course it brings out various ways of posting, some less liked then others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not Chinese; Asian. And again, Night Elves have had a slight Asian theme since day one (of Warcraft 3), and we've had Chen since day one (of TFT) too. Warcraft has about every culture blended into their world and lore, just like Pathfinder really. There's classic European High Fantasy, Native American Folklore, African Tribes, Mongol Tribes, Indian Draenei, Victorian Worgen, Biblical Demons, Greek/Roman Titans etc, Persian looking Blood Elves, and korean-inspired Night Elf structures. So not including the rest of Asia would seem like an odd form of biggotry really.
    even if night elves have some slight asian reference never will an elf be asian themed, but pandas on the other hand...

Thats my impression.
    Last edited by mmoc9583969831; 2014-05-23 at 09:17 AM.