Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Every one plays the game to get gear not just to kill the bosses. The rewarding thing is downing a boss but also being rewarded with gear at some point. So if you pass gear or u are not on the list and u are ok with it, at some point there won't be a progress raid spot for you, why? well because your gear sucks by the wow terms..GL then and have faith your guild is willing to gear you up if you lucky.

Passing on gear isnt encouraged in my guild though. We are required to put in any time if its an upgrade. Passing on gear will get you lower and lower numbers and thats when you get benched.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarterx View Post
    Every one plays the game to get gear not just to kill the bosses. The rewarding thing is downing a boss but also being rewarded with gear at some point. So if you pass gear or u are not on the list and u are ok with it, at some point there won't be a progress raid spot for you, why? well because your gear sucks by the wow terms..GL then and have faith your guild is willing to gear you up if you lucky.
    Not everyone plays to get gear. Also, things mainly depends on your guild and people you play with. I remember doing the lowest dps early on this expansion since I just passed gear for other ppl to upgrade. Going into H ToT I was consistently pulling the lowest dps but we were still downing bosses just fine (I was pulling my weight with what I have on). Until people just said dude, you need gears and started feeding me heroic loot and next week I started topping meters and everyone was happy. Important thing is about finding a guild that doesn't suck.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    As of right now? 8 weeks and counting.
    Is that a fly or ant ? lmao....I wiped my screen 3 times ^^

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not very long.
    I think I lasted about a month before I got bored and let my sub run out.

I feel like this is a thinly veiled whine.

You're incredibly vague about what "not getting loot" entails. With a loot council, there are still many ways to distribute it; bigger upgrade, higher on ranking for spec; who preforms closer to where they sim. There are also many factors to consider, lets say a guild goes from 2 healing one fight to 1 healing the next (assuming 10m), pushing healing gear towards the healer that 1 heals a fight before splitting it with the other healer would not be unreasonable. Even just who has been in the guild longer or is a higher rank isnt entirely unreasonable because newer members are more likely to guild hop than long standing officers.

If you are complaining about this, you should really give examples of why the loot has gone to others, rather than you. I wouldn't care about it unless it was funneling loot to a player being carried because he is a friend of another player.

Once we killed Seigecrafter, 10 out of 10 people in the guild were okay with extending until Garrosh is dead. We killed Paragons and have begun the Garrosh grind - we'll probably go at least 3+ weeks with no one getting a single piece of gear. We also did the same on Seigecrafter - extended 3 consecutive weeks until he was dead.

Loot is overrated. I'm the GM/RL of my guild, and as a healer I always pass on gear that DPS need. IMO at this point gearing DPS is the most important, as long as no one falls significantly behind in gear.

If it was obvious bias then not long. If there was a reason I wouldn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to delete my 560 resto shaman if thok does not drop me a helm soon...like it has been 6 months im still using a 501 helm

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in countless hardcore guilds that did loot council... I never had to wait long since I was the only enhance shaman. Besides, I mastered my class and would outperform most of the other DPS. Eventually I proved myself worthy and whenever there was an upgrade for me, I typically got it over the others. I've been in guilds though that would give slight upgrades to people when it was a substantial upgrade for me... kicker is that I still outperformed the people they gave loot to. I think the longest i'd wait w/o getting an upgrade is 2-3 months. Usually I get a couple upgrades within the first month.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

once i get full tier i'm generally happy.... i could only take being passed on a tier peace i didn't have for so long. That said I've never seen a guild with loot council that issues.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekayak View Post
    How long would you continue to raid without getting a gear upgrade? I'm talking about normal/heroic raids where gear is distributed by a loot council.
    Really depends on if I just wasn't getting my drops or if there were no more upgrades for me. If it was really bad RNG, I'd probably go until I got my upgrades, at the least. If there were no more upgrades for me, it would really depend on the group. I enjoy helping others out in game, so if the others needed my help than I'm probably stickin around.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    I'm going to delete my 560 resto shaman if thok does not drop me a helm soon...like it has been 6 months im still using a 501 helm
    Why not go get a TI 535 one for now? Or even run a flex or 2.
    Last edited by Manataurus; 2014-05-22 at 08:02 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is bosses still to be defeated, or there is people in my guild or friends list that didn't yet defeat said boss, I'm raiding. I don't raid much for the loot, although I admit winning something new makes me happy, and of course it helps with progression. But I don't sweat much about winning or not specific loot.

For example: my main is a disc priest (I do normal modes mostly), I've finished Garrosh normal a couple times already, and until now got NONE of the good healer trinkets in SoO. I'm still using Horridon's trinket (the NORMAL mode trinket, for God's sake). I spent a warforged seal every time I did a SoO boss which could drop the 'good' healing trinkets (Siegecrafter I think and some other I'm too lazy to lookup now), hoping the trinkets would drop, and they never did. If right now a friend asks me to help him do a full SoO run, because he never finished it, I'll happily do it a couple dozen times just for the fun of helping a friend (yeah I used the word fun). But doing SoO just a couple times more, just for the small chance of getting those trinkets, considering I've finished the raid already... no thanks. As I said, loot is nice, but isn't the main reason of raiding (for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Loot council is a horrid loot system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on why I didn't get gear. Atm I'm stuck in normals due to having a whole bunch of new recruits coming and going, so I haven't had an upgrade in a month or so. I don't mind passing over gear when someone needs it more, but it's starting to get pretty damn boring. If we were progressing in HCs and I had to pass to someone in more need I wouldn't mind at all though, gear is just a means to an end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Loot council is a horrid loot system.
    Why? It makes sure loot is spread out fairly even, and makes it so that if a HWF trinket drops, the ones with an LFR version get's it before the one with a HC version, which greatly benefits the raid group.

If the content never changed and I was pretty useless without gear on the harder fights? I would drop by the "wall" encounters.

If there was always a new raid after clearing, but didn't require much gear to progress reasonably? I wouldn't need any gear.

If we are talking reality, then I'd certainly want my fair share while progressing. If I didn't get crap in a month due to a poor loot council, then I'd bail out. If the game hated me then that's how it is. Gear naturally flows in a reasonable environment, which many loot councils are not.

Basically, it only matters for progress or having to farm. If you need more gear to progress, I want gear. If I have to farm a raid for months, I expect a reward since it's not always sunshine raiding with pals.
    Stay salty my friends.

Loot Council is a warning flag imo.

Like, We use loot council, Incoming~ RL terrible GF always gets upgraded first so her low numbers don't seem that low - until you realize she is 580 ilvl.

That is just one example of what loot council will bring to the table.

Deleted
    Weird question to me since I dont raid exclusively only for the gear, but I would raid until I got said gear and not bitch about it.

If you get little to no loot its because your loot distribution-system in your raid-group sucks, or you missing out many raids.
    Last edited by mmocca2937fb4f; 2014-05-26 at 02:44 PM.

I do like raiding with friends and I put them first before pixels, but we all want our exotic rewards.

Deleted
    When I raided in Cata I had 2 pieces from Firelands when DS hit. It was extremly frustrating that when a piece finally dropped for me someone else got their hands on it. But I raid for progression with the guild not to get items.