Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Frankly, the only mistake the West made was not going for a more comprehensive break up in the 1990s. Hopefully at the other end of this new era of NATO/Russian animosity, we see the balkanization of the Russian Federation. May seem hard to imagine now. But the USSR looked pretty stable in 1975 too.
    You've been wrong about everything since late February so I am certain that no one is bothered by your fairy tales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

Thanks for the link. I knew the strategic bomber fleet was in 'poor shape' but didn't realize just how bad, or how widespread the rot was. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to (or if they even can reach) the readiness numbers they want. (For the sake of MAD, I guess I'd better hope that they do, and quickly.)
    If that mysterious flying thing that was spotted a few weeks ago is indeed Gen 6 bomber, no one is ever going to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He only meant Iraq. Afghanistan is a failure of biblical proportion.
    Afghanistan is always a failure of biblical proportion. There's good reason why, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," is a proverb, and likewise, why Afghanistan still has the nickname, "Graveyard of Empires".
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    If that mysterious flying thing that was spotted a few weeks ago is indeed Gen 6 bomber, no one is ever going to catch up.
    UFO you say? I haven't heard anything about that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    You've been wrong about everything since late February so I am certain that no one is bothered by your fairy tales.
    It's like you take yourself seriously.

http://inforesist.org/rasstrelyannyj...nnoe-ubijstvo/

To get back on topic. The video with the execution from last week was staged. One of the "executed" Ukrainian soldiers said that the "terrorists" asked them to play along in order to force Ukraine to free a female pro-Russian fighter captured by the Ukrainian army.

It was all bullshit as a lot of us suggested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The Russian military would crumble against NATO almost as fast as Iraq did. NATO has a technical advantage, a training advantage, a combat experience advantage, and a numerical advantage over Russia. The only thing that MIGHT prevent Russian ground troops from being overrun is if Russian SAMs work as well as advertised and NATO SEAD does not.
    Any confrontation would end up being nuclear so who cares if one has a better plane or a bigger tallywacker.

Pls this whos got the better army argument is retarded. (this isn't just aimed at you kellhound). You are all proper fantasists. And I've already spoken about people who make definative predictions about the future of all of this like they are the main line of truth. Behave.

Looks like there is alot of movement towards bypassing the Dollar. Looks like Russia and China are starting to take shots at U.S. financial hegemony, (but its minimal so far) but obviously they can't go wholescale since it would be to damaging and costly currently. The real test is if people outside of China and Russia start trading with the renminbi, thats when the US should worry.

It looks to me like Russia is aiming to buddy up with Germany.
    And China want to tame the USA and make them accept they are the dominant regional power while aiming for the US to stop s.korea and japan from becoming nuclear powers (behave Abe you naughty pickle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Wikipedia article you say?

That's what happens when you fight against people that aren't from Middle East.
    And intact?

Afghanistan? You mean that war that SOVIETS fought against 200000–250000 Muhajideens (and obliterating them) supported by your government?

Wait, you mean that Russians fought in WW2???

Russia - fixing Bulava for years.
    The US? Work in progress.

Bulava: failure, success, success, success, failure, failure, failure, success, success, success, failure, failure, failure, success, success, success, success, success, success, failure.
    GDM: success, failure, failure, success, success, success, success, failure, failure, failure, success, failure, success, success, failure, failure, failure.
    You don't know how to fix it. Russians do.

Oh, you know where Afghanistan is? Cute.
    Again, they shot down ONE F-117, using well known vulnerabilities of the design. Russia does not even fly something in the same class, and we already retired them as obsolete.

Apples to apples, the Bulava is a D5 equivalent, the D5 has over 140 consecutive successful test launches to date.

The Soviet's did not fare very well in Afghanistan, even with it being right next door (and this is by admittance of the Soviet high command).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    UFO you say? I haven't heard anything about that....
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/04/cl...ken-in-kansas/

Deleted
    http://inforesist.org/rasstrelyannyj...nnoe-ubijstvo/

To get back on topic. The video with the execution from last week was staged. One of the "executed" Ukrainian soldiers said that the "terrorists" asked them to play along in order to force Ukraine to free a female pro-Russian fighter captured by the Ukrainian army.

It was all bullshit as a lot of us suggested.
    I'm surprised the Ukrainian gov didn't retaliate by bombing more cities and executing captured "terrorists".

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Any confrontation would end up being nuclear so who cares if one has a better plane or a bigger tallywacker.

Pls this whos got the better army argument is retarded. (this isn't just aimed at you kellhound). You are all proper fantasists. And I've already spoken about people who make definative predictions about the future of all of this like they are the main line of truth. Behave.
    Agree.

Looks like there is alot of movement towards bypassing the Dollar. Looks like Russia and China are starting to take shots at U.S. financial hegemony, (but its minimal so far) but obviously they can't go wholescale since it would be to damaging and costly currently. The real test is if people outside of China and Russia start trading with the renminbi, thats when the US should worry.

And China want to tame the USA and make them accept they are the dominant regional power while aiming for the US to stop s.korea and japan from becoming nuclear powers (behave Abe you naughty pickle)
    When you try to bypass the dollar, you end up being invaded (or isolated, if you can't be invaded). That's what makes their economy still running.
    Russia is building closer relationships with China, they're both aware of the US threats, now more than ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Nuclear exchange could actually be avoided in a direct confrontation, if both sides refrained from total war. (I know it is hard to accept, but both sides are aware their are no winners when nukes fly.)

Germany likes Russia because of gas, no more, no less.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. In 1988 my American family got it's first personal computer (Mac IIcx). You know what we weren't doing? Standing in a bread line, like Russians were.
    I got my first personal computer in 1989, and I wasn't standing in bread lines (as there weren't any). Sure you beat me by 1 year. GOOD JOB AMERICA.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is perfectly welcome to bet on China, that way when their bubble bursts it won't effect the US quite as much.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised the Ukrainian gov didn't retaliate by bombing more cities and executing captured "terrorists".

Agree.

When you try to bypass the dollar, you end up being invaded (or isolated, if you can't be invaded). That's what makes their economy still running.
    Russia is building closer relationships with China, they're both aware of the US threats, now more than ever before.
    China sees Russia as a supplier, not an equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I got my first personal computer in 1989, and I wasn't standing in bread lines (as there weren't any). Sure you beat me by 1 year. GOOD JOB AMERICA.
    I got my first one in 1984, so 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia - fixing Bulava for years.
    The US? Work in progress.

Bulava: failure, success, success, success, failure, failure, failure, success, success, success, failure, failure, failure, success, success, success, success, success, success, failure.
    GDM: success, failure, failure, success, success, success, success, failure, failure, failure, success, failure, success, success, failure, failure, failure.
    You don't know how to fix it. Russians do.
    This is a great example of Skroesec's inherent bias. If something is American, but not working well, be it a new fighter, missile defense, or the space program (to draw from recent threads on this forum), it's "no problem, just teething problems, we'll have that perfected real soon". But if something from one of America's antagonists has a virtually identical set of problems, then, "it's crap, country X is useless, no one can ever match America at anything, etc". Much like American foreign policy, where the endless claims of "freedom & democracy" run into the equally endless support for dictators, overthrowing governments, and killing civilians; the sheer mass of the cognitive dissonance eventually gets to a point where nothing they say can be taken seriously.

Ukraine and Syria really drives that home. Ukraine: president of questionable legitimacy uses military against own citizens. Result: Elections praised, president supported, civilian deaths ignored, aid to rebels condemned. Syria: President of questionable legitimacy uses military against own citizens. Result: Elections condemned, president damned, civilian deaths lamented, rebels are given aid. It's not that I don't understand the realpolitick motivations of the U.S. government (although I greatly disagree with them and question their rationality), but that the radiant levels of hypocrisy takes them so far from any pretense of credibility and that they're entering the realm of black comedy.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2014-06-10 at 09:16 PM. Reason: edited to correct inadvertent smiley
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Nuclear exchange could actually be avoided in a direct confrontation, if both sides refrained from total war. (I know it is hard to accept, but both sides are aware their are no winners when nukes fly.)

Germany likes Russia because of gas, no more, no less.
    Hence why no one would ever directly skirmish so fuck who has the better plane/boat. The argument going on is pretty much 'my dad will beat up your dad'

Yup, Germany can ensure energy security by being buddies with Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is nearly impossible to argue that Russia is even close to the technological level of the US.... We are working on proto-mech suits, Railguns, and Lasers for weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Back in the 1980s our country was making PCs. The industry was employing around 300 000 people and making 40% of all PCs sold in the Soviet economic space. Now we don't make anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Soviet military would crumble against Germany almost as fast as French did. Germany has a technical advantage, a training advantage, a combat experience advantage, and a numerical advantage over USSR.
    Yeah and then Soviets invented a next generation tank that everyone else used as template later, starting with Germans themselves.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the 1980s our country was making PCs. The industry was employing around 300 000 people and making 40% of all PCs sold in the Soviet economic space. Now we don't make anything...
    Yeah, and when I said I had a PC - i didn't mean I had an American PC either - I had a proper Soviet PC. I also had spectrum (which was inferior). But then in 1990s Intel happened.