Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't remember vanilla or honestly even BC numbers even though I did raid during those expansions.
    I do remember doing about 25k on my frost DK on heroic Saurfang. DW, no shadowmourne. Cata my warrior, legendary rogue and ret pally were over 50k on some fights. I also remember legendary boomkins and shadowpriests pushing 100k on Madness. That staff was OP. I want to say my warrior, who was heroic geared, did lots of damage on madness because of prolonged usage of execute throughout the fight but I can't be certain on the numbers. I know I kept paced with some Dragonwrath casters.

To clarify those numbers include the raid buffs.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2014-06-26 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    The top parse for Iron Juggernaut HC which is hard to pad is 1M, but that's for a tank so don't know if we should count that... Several +600k dps from aff locks though. However that's padding aswell since they all received TotT + the fact that the fight only lasts about 2min30sec with this current gear so you have a 25% heroism uptime + 40% Dark Soul uptime. Ridiculous.
    Affliction-warlock meter whoring isn't about heroism or dark soul uptime, it's more about quickly finishing the fight after the initial burst with supercharged DoTs wears off. Also, considering affliction warlocks there is a abuse of trinkets with soul shatter that allows you to make use of up to four different trinket proccs at the same time for those initial DoTs. That's just padding and nowhere near sustained dps over a normal 5 - 10 minute fight.
    If you analyze those logs, you will see a initial burst that's way above 1m dps (for protectors et even exceeds 5m dps) and then drops pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
    Once more, and hopefully I don't have to repeat this again, I'm going off the numbers when progression was happening. I'm doing that because that's the DPS that matters, not the DPS people get when they wholly outgear the instance or have gotten the benefit of buffs/nerfs.
    That's cool and all, but not the question that was asked.

No, they're not irrelevant. Only to those who don't understand a point I've tried to make (and clearly) several times.
    Make your own thread for it.

Everyone understands, but it has no relevance HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

During Outland, nobody was doing 4 to 5k on average - the average, in top end gear, wasn't even 2k. Method's first Kil'jaeden kill, for example, see's the rogues not able to get above 2.5k, never mind the crazy numbers being quoted, and their uptime was very high. Against the Lich King on heroic, Paragon's top DK was managing around 14k (slightly less) so, again, the 20k number is grossly overstated, even considering the downtime on Arthas. As for Cataclysm, you'd probably have to pick a fight like Blackhorn with decent uptime and Method's top guy was doing 48k so at least that number is relatively accurate, but still too high for the average player.
    20k number is likely with the buff. (which the world first kill likely wouldn't have.)

Vanilla: 800~
    TBC: 4-5k
    WoTLK: 10-12k
    Cata: 40-50k
    MoP: 450k
    Thats how i see it

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Vanilla: 800~
    TBC: 4-5k
    WoTLK: 10-12k
    Cata: 40-50k
    MoP: 450k
    Thats how i see it
    Either your TBC number is awfully high or your other numbers are awfully low, imo.

Everyone draws their average at a different point, but your TBC is disproportional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Either your TBC number is awfully high or your other numbers are awfully low, imo.

Everyone draws their average at a different point, but your TBC is disproportional.
    Thats a copy paste error. Was supposed to be 3~ but I remember it same as I remember vanilla. Which i almost don't remember at all even tho i was raiding. Remember pulling stable 13k on not patchwerk fights with my lock tho in icc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

2.5k dps in TBC was world first comptitive numbers, so his numbers are way off. Most people seem to be pretty way off on numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAQjX1oK6E

No.1 guild in the world at the time, their kill of Brutallus where they are barely scraping 2k dps. The damage obviously increased with gear but people wildly overestimate how high the damage was in TBC.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I think this is grossly overcooked.

Vanilla was, to my knowledge, nowhere near 1k DPS on average - 700 to 800 was about as good as the average well-geared player got. I do stand to be corrected on that, though.

During Outland, nobody was doing 4 to 5k on average - the average, in top end gear, wasn't even 2k. Method's first Kil'jaeden kill, for example, see's the rogues not able to get above 2.5k, never mind the crazy numbers being quoted, and their uptime was very high. Against the Lich King on heroic, Paragon's top DK was managing around 14k (slightly less) so, again, the 20k number is grossly overstated, even considering the downtime on Arthas. As for Cataclysm, you'd probably have to pick a fight like Blackhorn with decent uptime and Method's top guy was doing 48k so at least that number is relatively accurate, but still too high for the average player.

As for MoP, just look at what Method were doing for Garrosh: and this is overcooking it by around 100k, which is quite a lot.

Now, obviously, it depends on when you meant and specific fights, but a cursory glance over end-tier fights tells you the story.

The best players were doing the following (ish):

TBC: 2.5k
    WotLK: 14k
    Cataclysm: 48k
    Mists: 400k

These are the top performers, so it's safe to assume the average player was miles below the numbers quoted.
    Saw some videos from Naxx in a Hunter PoV and 1k DPS doesn't seem too far away from top notch DPS. He was critting 1.5-2k left and right on Patchwerk.

4-5k for TBC though as the guy you quoted says? Can't remember ANYONE being close to that. Hell, prenerf Brutallus required like 2.2k DPS on average per DPS and that was a tough DPS check. I'd say maybe in bis gear Rogues were pulling near 3k? Not sure about that one.

Can't take Blackhorn and LK as "proper" DPS checks. Better with Saurfang and Ultraxion. Also seems more like OP is interested in "what is the highest numbers anyone ever pulled in X expansion" and not "how much did people do in progression".

Classic: 1k~
    TBC: 2.5-3k
    WotLK: Didn't play farm content so not sure. Going with maybe 15k on Saurfang? Something crazy with Shadowmourne at least.
    Cata: 60k+
    MoP: If we ignore vengeance cheesing from solotanking then the top DPS rank on IJ is at 767k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

If it helps some, Fury Warrior was one of the top specs in WOTLK and a full BIS Fury Warrior (with Shadowmourne) with ICC 30% damage buff, full raid buffs (+ another warrior doing shattering throw), pre-pot, and a bloodlust sims at 19.4k dps in Landsouls spreadsheet. 20k with a rogue also applying tricks of the trade. The sheet was quite accurate, more so than Simcraft is for Warriors in MOP.

So 19-20k in full best in slot, with the 30% ICC buff included is about accurate.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I remember Warriors with Shadowmourne getting near 30k dps single target. If we exclude those with Legendary items, this is about right.
    No thats not true, single target warrior dps war 15-20k tops. And thats being generous. I remember having a top 100 parse on heroic putricide with 13k

- - - Updated - - -

how much did glaive rogues do
    Last edited by satimy; 2014-06-27 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If it helps some, Fury Warrior was one of the top specs in WOTLK and a full BIS Fury Warrior (with Shadowmourne) with ICC 30% damage buff, full raid buffs (+ another warrior doing shattering throw), pre-pot, and a bloodlust sims at 19.4k dps in Landsouls spreadsheet. 20k with a rogue also applying tricks of the trade. The sheet was quite accurate, more so than Simcraft is for Warriors in MOP.

So 19-20k in full best in slot, with the 30% ICC buff included is about accurate.
    Landsoul's spreadsheet assumed a 5 minute fight IIRC. Getting sub 3 minute Saurfang kills wasn't rare at all and definitely buffed DPS numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No thats not true, single target warrior dps war 15-20k tops. And thats being generous. I remember having a top 100 parse on heroic putricide with 13k
    I did over 20k on Saurfang without Shadowmourne, 24-25k with it. Pre 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Landsoul's spreadsheet assumed a 5 minute fight IIRC. Getting sub 3 minute Saurfang kills wasn't rare at all and definitely buffed DPS numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

I did over 20k on Saurfang without Shadowmourne, 24-25k with it. Pre 4.0.
    Maybe in an extreme lucky short fight with hysteria and tricks plus the 30% buff, otherwise I dont believe you

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Maybe in an extreme lucky short fight with hysteria and tricks plus the 30% buff, otherwise I dont believe you
    That's fine. But I wasn't even top 20 or anything. Now those were littered with people who were fed buffs.

And yeah, IIRC our kills were around 2:20, except the one time we 2 healed it and it was around 2 minutes. And I wasn't always at those numbers, those were my best in probably 25+ kills (5 or so with Shadowmourne), so yeah there was luck involved as well, as there always is.

Also, at one point I was the only Shadowmourne-less Warrior to break 20k. You can believe me or not, but I literally went through all of the other Warrior's parses that were above 20k on WoL (was probably 80 or so) at the time and checked to see if they gained any DPS from the Shadowmourne buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a few reasons for such a huge dps inflation this expansion. For starters, this expansion was the first expansion that they decided to have big gaps in iLVLs between tier to tier. WotLK, for instance, had very little ilvl gaps going from each tier. T7 was 200-226, T8 was 219-232, T9 was 232-258, and T10 was 252-284. Cata, T11 was 359-371, T12 was 378-397, and T13 was 384-410.

Finally, MoP- T14, 476-519. T15, 502-551. T16 is where they dropped the bomb- 528-588 (596 in asia?).

And, given that we will continue to have 4 difficulties, as well as warforged, we will continue to see a huge increase in iLvL during WoD- I anticipate around 110 ilvl betwen the first and final tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think this is grossly overcooked.

Vanilla was, to my knowledge, nowhere near 1k DPS on average - 700 to 800 was about as good as the average well-geared player got. I do stand to be corrected on that, though.

As for MoP, just look at what Method were doing for Garrosh: and this is overcooking it by around 100k, which is quite a lot.

Now, obviously, it depends on when you meant and specific fights, but a cursory glance over end-tier fights tells you the story.

The best players were doing the following (ish):

TBC: 2.5k
    WotLK: 14k
    Cataclysm: 48k
    Mists: 400k

These are the top performers, so it's safe to assume the average player was miles below the numbers quoted.
    This. I never saw any numbers close to 4-5k in TBC people were doing 4-5k in naxx 2.0 at lvl80. 2.5k was high end in sunwell. 14k was also very high in ICC and remember there was a 30% buff to your damage, health, and healing in ICC afterwards so anything higher is simply inflated stats and irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think that the 30% buff in ICC should be included because LK25hc wasn't killable without the buff and the dps people remember is obviously from what they saw on their damage meters and WOL which all included the 30% buff.

I also think this thread would be better if we compared the absolutely highest cheesed logs from dps classes on patchwerk style fights.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had 2.4k dps as enhance on Brutallus before the 3.0, i think i seen rogues doing 2.6k~ and mages/lock a bit above?
    But that was in BiS gear every slot with LW drums + multiple bloodlust
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Does it even matter whos top dps? take a top tier player of any class vs one of the other 99% of players within the game and Class max output is irrelevant as the superior player will almost always smoke the mediocre.

Source ~ Common sense