Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the king is dead...long live the king.

After reading the last 12 pages this thread is lulzworthy.

It's full of conspiracist whack jobs predicting the end of days claiming " lots of major guys have left Blizzard " when in reality only Pardo and Ghostcrawler have and people actually celebrated Ghostcrawler leaving. Trying to distort facts to make a situation seem worse than it actually is, is just pathetic, "facts" pulled from thin air to try and add credibility to a poor argument. Seriously half these conspiracy nuts could get themselves a job on Ancient Aliens.

ALIENS, IT WAS ALIENS. I can see these people doing that just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    You can go and fear monger all you want guys, but they're on to you. They don't care anymore, and you did this to yourselves, you should really start to think before you post, and if you think about what that says, they don't care if I defend them or not, it's not going to matter, so they don't care what I say either. You should stop being so butthurt about everything and just admit it, the complaining and crying over every little thing is past the point of helping.
    So the reason there are problems in WoW, is because the players that have paid them billions of dollars over the last 10 years don't just shut up and accept any and ever single thing that Blizzard do to the game, without complaint. Because they complain, poor Blizzard have had their feelings hurt and are now sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "lalala, I'm not listening".

That has to be the most laughable defense of Blizzard I have seen on this forum. And I read what BenBos posts.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

This is a video from 2002, I remember watching this at the time, which makes me old:

You think that's old, I still think of WC3 as "that new Warcraft game".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So the reason there are problems in WoW, is because the players that have paid them billions of dollars over the last 10 years don't just shut up and accept any and ever single thing that Blizzard do to the game, without complaint. Because they complain, poor Blizzard have had their feelings hurt and are now sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "lalala, I'm not listening".
    No, that is not what he said.

That has to be the most laughable defense of Blizzard I have seen on this forum. And I read what BenBos posts.
    You realize that when I say 'he' I mean Rob Pardo, so you are going to have to take that up with him, not me. And btw you have just compared a former vice president at Blizzard to BenBos. Not really sure what you think that will accomplish.

If you are attempting to show us how far people will go to shoot themselves in the foot, let me just say you have a ways to go still, we have already seen that people are literally willing to say that Rob Pardo is responsible for the downfall of wow, and also that he was the only thing protecting us from the end of wow, so really, there isn't anything that will surprise us at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You think that's old, I still think of WC3 as "that new Warcraft game".
    I have warcraft 2 dreams still. They are much better than Madden dreams (nightmares) but not as good as legacy of kain: soul reaver dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/15/mtv-video-tour-of-blizzard-headquarters/

In this video, he talks about how when he was making starcraft, a group of people from the forums would come down in the morning to the office, and count the cars of the Blizzard employees, just to make sure they were all coming to work that day and working on starcraft.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-07-05 at 08:56 AM.

This is another quote from this article from 2009: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...rs-of-Warcraft

Yes, despite the game's massive success, the developers are extremely aware that they've made mistakes, says Pardo. The lack of a proper Looking For Group tool was something he was "really unhappy" to not have at launch, and that tool is only now coming five years later in Patch 3.3. Aside from all of the technological errors like having too few servers at launch to keep up with the demand, Pardo thinks that the single greatest mistake as far as design of the game is concerned was the choice to introduce competitive "e-sports" into the game via Arenas.

There you go, he actually wanted a lfg tool at launch, which kind of decimates the theory that activision is the reason behind the casualization of the game. I think I'm understanding why you guys have such a reason to not read his quotes, they just do not back up your theories about why the game sucks balls now lol.
    I don't know anyone who would've said LFD tool was Activision's idea. WoW already had very "modern" LFD tool like thing back in vanilla, it was just unintuitive and sucked.

You'd go to the Meeting Stone (Summoning Stone after TBC) and queue for that particular instance from it (later you could do the same through innkeeper). After that the tool would automatically assign a group for you through all the queued people though it's logic sucked and you could end up with something like 4 warriors and a retribution paladin.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I don't know anyone who would've said LFD tool was Activision's idea.
    You must be new here.

You must be new here.
    No I'm not.

I sure has seen people saying LFD killed communities (and the way it was implemented, cross realm and ports to dungeons I'm willing to agree somewhat) but I've not seen Activision blamed for it that often

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Sorry, I was just joking, i saw your post count, but yeah, you can't be serious, I've seen quite a few of those posts.

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not saying rationale people don't read MMOChamp or post here. Just that no one is willing to say 'thank you rob pardo for being lead designer on wow and all those other great games.'

Simple as that.

Rob Pardo was lead designer of best expansion to MMO ever, TBC. I can't see how he wouldn't be praised for it.

10+ Year Old Account

Dude was a gamer, great designer and was right inn the kettle pot when some off the best games this world has seen was made.

If you can't see this as a bad sign for the future off Blizzard.....yea
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

My money is on he like most that have played this game since the beginning does not like the direction the game has been going wanted to reverse course and was not allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    My money is on he like most that have played this game since the beginning does not like the direction the game has been going wanted to reverse course and was not allowed to.
    Woulden't be suprised considering his gaming background. Hes like "us" from that POV.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    And here is something I found from 2007 just to show you the real Rob Pardo: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14299

"Playing games with my daughter is great because it really allows me to see what is fundamentally fun about game mechanics. For example, when she was only 5 years old, she would just jump off buildings over and over and collect lots of different outfits for her character."

"I generally have more of an "achiever" mentality when I play games, and playing with my daughter really helps give me a more rounded perspective towards games."

"Currently we are playing World of Warcraft (she is a level 54 warlock) and we are also playing some Wii games like Super Paper Mario (we just finished Zelda Twilight Princess)"

Yeah, so in 2007, his 7 year old daughter had a lvl 54 warlock. I bet she raids now, she's probably pretty good at wow. I would even bet that she's bored of SOO, and playing heroes of the storm beta... or maybe not, maybe she likes final fantasy 14. I honestly can't think of a reason why she wouldn't like it. Maybe she plays lots of different games like a NORMAL person.
    And what does that really tell us about Rob Pardo, that he likes playing games with his daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    In conclusion, the most plausible explanation I've read in this thread, with the poster actually providing some evidence and links to contract agreements, showed that both Ghostcrawler's and Rob Pardo's contract agreements ended around the time they left. Most likely this means that they weren't happy with the new contracts they were offered and thus left. This probably means a lot more core Blizzard employees eventually will leave over the course of next year as their old contracts end, and... who knows, maybe they want to start up their own game dev company where they have more control, once they all have left Activision-Blizzard.
    Um, those guys don't work on contracts, they are exempt employees who get paid a yearly salary and as almost all states are "At-Will Employment" means that either Blizzard can fire them at any time or they can leave at any time.

People who work on contracts are... contractors - typically temporary workforce who are brought on and let go on a specified schedule. Or professional athletes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And what does that really tell us about Rob Pardo, that he likes playing games with his daughter?
    No that easy to learn, hard to master was meant for a 5 year old girl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Um, those guys don't work on contracts, they are exempt employees who get paid a yearly salary and as almost all states are "At-Will Employment" means that either Blizzard can fire them at any time or they can leave at any time.

People who work on contracts are... contractors - typically temporary workforce who are brought on and let go on a specified schedule. Or professional athletes.
    Special employment agreements at Blizzard are closed by contract. They have been running out. Your speculative guess has nothing to do with what you quoted.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2014-07-05 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yes, and that if he needs feedback he doesn't need you guys. He not only has his daughter, but the rest of the entire real world also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    In conclusion, the most plausible explanation I've read in this thread, with the poster actually providing some evidence and links to contract agreements, showed that both Ghostcrawler's and Rob Pardo's contract agreements ended around the time they left. Most likely this means that they weren't happy with the new contracts they were offered and thus left. This probably means a lot more core Blizzard employees eventually will leave over the course of next year as their old contracts end, and... who knows, maybe they want to start up their own game dev company where they have more control, once they all have left Activision-Blizzard.
    I can't take you seriously at this point, I hope you realize. You did that to yourself.

So anyhow, sometimes when you forget where you came from, its good to watch THIS, just to remind us that some of the brainwashed koolaid drinking Blizzard fanboys are still working at Blizzard, and working hard on video games:

Yeah everything is going to be ok, anarch. Just chill out.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-07-05 at 04:42 PM.

Sorry Sorry, I was just joking, i saw your post count, but yeah, you can't be serious, I've seen quite a few of those posts.

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not saying rationale people don't read MMOChamp or post here. Just that no one is willing to say 'thank you rob pardo for being lead designer on wow and all those other great games.'

Simple as that.
    I think a lot of people have said that.

But I also think that Blizzard has been lacking in innovation for quite some time and some new blood will hopefully help the company and the future of their game design.