Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gratzner View Post
    Then open your eyes because it's everywhere. Gay people are not the sole source to diversity. In a crowd of a million straight people you have tons of diversity.

People suffer everyday for being gay. So what? People suffer everyday for various reasons, i.e. getting gay rights and womens rights shoved down your throat. Don't misunderstand, they should have the same rights like any other... but ffs im sick of hearing about it and I don't want to see or read about it wherever I might be. Keep that crap away.
    I doubt anyone has ever suffered as a result of having gay and women's rights "shoved down their throats". Unless by suffer you mean experience mild annoyance. However irksome you might find it to hear people going on about the issue, your so called "suffering" as a result doesn't really compare in any way to the stuff women and LGBT people go through often on a daily basis.

Mr. President, please understand, it really is that bad
    It won't just go away, it's just beginning
    The ballots have been cast, we make like seaward rats
    Leave this sinking ship, leave and not look back
    The things we never tried to disallow
    Have come back to haunt us now
    With apple pie and chevrolet
    We've come to see the end, we've all made this bed
    Now we got nowhere to lay, dies and gentlemen
    Try and understand

Every ending is a beginning and today marks a new beginning for me.

After 17 years at Blizzard, with long and careful contemplation, I have made a difficult and bittersweet but ultimately exciting decision to pursue the next chapter in my life and career.

Before I even joined Blizzard, I was already a huge fan of the company and its games. In particular, I was extremely passionate about the emerging genre of real-time strategy games. It was a dream come true when I was given the opportunity to work on StarCraft, which at the time was being created by a very small team by today’s standards. It was tremendously fulfilling to get to know everyone on the team personally and to contribute our energies toward a shared goal in such a creative and engaging environment.

Blizzard Entertainmenthas been simply the best place in the world to be a game designer. The best aspect of designing games at Blizzard is that the entire company is passionate about the gameplay within each and every product. From the executive team to customer service to our global offices, every single person is a player and contributes to making the best possible games. It’s for very good reason that the first credit on every Blizzard game is “Game Design by Blizzard Entertainment.”

I’m really proud of the contributions I was able to make to Blizzard’s accomplishments. From building lasting games, to supporting the growth of eSports, to extending the Warcraft world into a feature film, and of course to being able to celebrate our shared passions with the Blizzard community online and at BlizzCon.

The Blizzard community is ultimately the reason why we come to work every day and pour our souls into every world and experience we create. Blizzard’s players are the most passionate in the world and your commitment and dedication are truly awesome to behold. Creating entertainment for you has been an incredible opportunity, and I know that you will continue to grow and become even stronger as a community over the years to come. It has been so meaningful on a personal level to help create joy for all of you.

I’m looking forward to new challenges in my career, but I will always cherish the time I spent with you all and the amazing and collaborative teams at Blizzard. It was both satisfying and humbling, and it made me a better developer and a better person. I look forward to playing Blizzard games as a player for many years to come. Most important, now I have plenty of time to learn how to build a competitive Hearthstone deck.

As to what I will be doing next, I don’t have an answer for you yet . . . but I will “when it’s ready.” My priorities are to enjoy the summer with my family, play plenty of games, and think about what’s next. The game industry is such an exciting place right now with PC gaming thriving, the new consoles, mobile games, and virtual reality becoming an actual reality. It’s like having an empty quest log and going into a new zone for the first time.

In the past, I haven’t been the most avid Twitter user, but I’ll strive to do better and keep you updated there—@Rob_Pardo. Please stay in touch!
    I did some careful examination on Robs letter and found clues as to what happened. This is totally legit I swear.
    Snorlax is more ripped than you!
    FC is 2638-1126-5304 name is Heisenberg. PM me if you add me
    Ghost Safari Lampet/Pumpkaboo/Drifblim

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I doubt anyone has ever suffered as a result of having gay and women's rights "shoved down their throats". Unless by suffer you mean experience mild annoyance. However irksome you might find it to hear people going on about the issue, your so called "suffering" as a result doesn't really compare in any way to the stuff women and LGBT people go through often on a daily basis.
    Why do you doubt it?

"You can't be gay!" is equally bad as "You must accept gay people!"

You must this and you must that... blah blah blah! I hear that I must do certain things... I hear that I must accept certain things... on a daily basis.
    And for that, I suffer, simply because I choose to accept what I want and refuse to live by what's fashion and popular belief.

You go ahead and do that, that's fine. Leave me out of it.

Anyhow... maybe we should move on? This will be my last post.

Take care now.

Deleted
    Why do you doubt it?

"You can't be gay!" is equally bad as "You must accept gay people!"

You must this and you must that... blah blah blah! I hear that I must do certain things... I hear that I must accept certain things... on a daily basis.
    And for that, I suffer, simply because I choose to accept what I want and refuse to live by what's fashion and popular belief.

You go ahead and do that, that's fine. Leave me out of it.

Anyhow... maybe we should move on? This will be my last post.

Take care now.
    It's ridiculous and rather offensive to compare the trials LGBT people suffer through every day to you getting annoyed when you're asked to be a decent human being.

Deleted

Angry

God you're such a whiny fucking cunt. Do you know what red-haired people (like myself) go through on a daily basis? Do you care? Do you push for a social agenda for "us"? Do you see me constantly demanding a certain stereotyped part of how I am culturally identified as, to be represented in fictional universes that have no fucking bearing on the real world? NO. YOU DON'T. COS IT'S NOT FUCKING RELEVANT. YOU CLEARLY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ACCEPTING YOURSELF AND ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH WHAT YOU ARE, IF YOU NEED THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD TO TELL YOU THAT IT'S OKAY TO BE WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE, ON A DAILY BASIS, IN EVERY FORMAT FUCKING AVAILABLE THAT IS KNOWN TO MAN.

GROW THE FUCK UP. THIS WORLD WILL NEVER CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS. JUST AS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE'S THAT DON'T CONFORM TO YOUR VALUES. YOU'RE JUST PLAYING TUG-OF-WAR WITH OTHER INSECURE EXTREMIST RETARDS WHO INHABIT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE - WHICH IS AN ENDLESS, POINTLESS, MEANINGLESS MAKE-BELIEVE CONFLICT OF YOUR OWN MAKING. AND IT'S ALWAYS THE MODERATES THAT SUFFER FOR YOUR DELUSIONS AND RETARDATION.
    ACCEPT YOURSELF, THAT IS THE ONLY PATH TO INNER-PEACE, THE REST OF THE WORLD IS INDIFFERENT AND FOREVER WILL BE. IT WILL NEVER BE A REFLECTION OF YOU. THAT IS THE NATURAL WAY OF THE WORLD. ADULTS KNOW THIS.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS INSANITY = TYRANNY BY FORCIBLE CULTURAL CENSORSHIP/DICTATORSHIP. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING UNDER THE FUCKING SUN. YOU SEEK TO ENFORCE PSEUDO-PEACE OVER ACTUAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH. YOU DESERVE NEITHER. IT'S A FUCKING RUSE JUST TO GET YOUR OWN SELFISH WAYS. GODDAMN FUCKING PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE HITLER MAN-CHILDREN. YOU WOULDN'T SURVIVE IN THE NATURAL WORLD FOR A FUCKING DAY WHERE REALITY IS KING.
    STOP TRYING TO PUSSIFY THE SPECIES WITH YOUR HYPERSENSITIVITY.

Won't be surprised if I get a ban for this, but fuck it, I don't care anymore. This place just fucking depresses me anyhow. So many fucking morons ¬_¬ GRRRRRRRRRRR

It's ridiculous and rather offensive to compare the trials LGBT people suffer through every day to you getting annoyed when you're asked to be a decent human being.
    To you maybe. Not to me. But my feelings don't care right? Because I don't want to hear about someone else's problems on a daily basis?

Deleted
    To you maybe. Not to me. But my feelings don't care right? Because I don't want to hear about someone else's problems on a daily basis?
    Well you're always free to scroll straight past my posts. It's not like I'm standing outside your house with a sign. You're the one who took time out of your day to read my post and type up a reply so if you feel you're "suffering" as a result you've only yourself to blame. That ignore list is there for a reason.

Well you're always free to scroll straight past my posts. It's not like I'm standing outside your house with a sign. You're the one who took time out of your day to read my post and type up a reply so if you feel you're "suffering" as a result you've only yourself to blame. That ignore list is there for a reason.
    Since this makes no sense, I assume that you simply misunderstood or didn't want to understand.

Didn't the moderator explicitly warn we weren't supposed to go off topic like this? Sigh.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darthyogi View Post
    I did some careful examination on Robs letter and found clues as to what happened. This is totally legit I swear.
    Wait a minute...

Every ending is a beginning and today marks a new beginning for me.

After 17 years at Blizzard, with long and careful contemplation, I have made a difficult and bittersweet but ultimately exciting decision to pursue the next chapter in my life and career.

Before I even joined Blizzard, I was already a huge fan of the company and its games. In particular, I was extremely passionate about the emerging genre of real-time strategy games. It was a dream come true when I was given the opportunity to work on StarCraft, which at the time was being created by a very small team by today’s standards. It was tremendously fulfilling to get to know everyone on the team personally and to contribute our energies toward a shared goal in such a creative and engaging environment.

Blizzard Entertainmenthas been simply the best place in the world to be a game designer. The best aspect of designing games at Blizzard is that the entire company is passionate about the gameplay within each and every product. From the executive team to customer service to our global offices, every single person is a player and contributes to making the best possible games. It’s for very good reason that the first credit on every Blizzard game is “Game Design by Blizzard Entertainment.”

I’m really proud of the contributions I was able to make to Blizzard’s accomplishments. From building lasting games, to supporting the growth of eSports, to extending the Warcraft world into a feature film, and of course to being able to celebrate our shared passions with the Blizzard community online and at BlizzCon.

The Blizzard community is ultimately the reason why we come to work every day and pour our souls into every world and experience we create. Blizzard’s players are the most passionate in the world and your commitment and dedication are truly awesome to behold. Creating entertainment for you has been an incredible opportunity, and I know that you will continue to grow and become even stronger as a community over the years to come. It has been so meaningful on a personal level to help create joy for all of you.

I’m looking forward to new challenges in my career, but I will always cherish the time I spent with you all and the amazing and collaborative teams at Blizzard. It was both satisfying and humbling, and it made me a better developer and a better person. I look forward to playing Blizzard games as a player for many years to come. Most important, now I have plenty of time to learn how to build a competitive Hearthstone deck.

As to what I will be doing next, I don’t have an answer for you yet . . . but I will “when it’s ready.” My priorities are to enjoy the summer with my family, play plenty of games, and think about what’s next. The game industry is such an exciting place right now with PC gaming thriving, the new consoles, mobile games, and virtual reality becoming an actual reality. It’s like having an empty quest log and going into a new zone for the first time.

In the past, I haven’t been the most avid Twitter user, but I’ll strive to do better and keep you updated there—@Rob_Pardo. Please stay in touch!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Do you know what red-haired people (like myself) go through on a daily basis?
    A lot of sunscreen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm not sure why Pardo gets shit for his sentiments about game play. He gave a great speech several months ago. Pardo basically stated that Blizzard is trying to appeal to the inner teenager/child in every player. It's designed for escapism. He states it's not a value to them or rather goal (that is inserting some type of "socially relevant" issue)... at the same time they're not necessarily against it. The game is designed to appeal to a mass audience and to as many people as possible. It's a product and its motto is “game play first.”

The lecture is here:
    http://www.media.mit.edu/video/view/...ons-2014-05-07

There are other gaming companies that cater to that niche -- for instance, Bioware. Play those games.

My gut says that Pardo got a better opportunity some where else and that quite possibly WoW and Blizzard are not headed in the direction that he prefers. He was LD in Vanilla and TBC, which makes me wonder about the future direction of the company. And it is unsettling that he's leaving at this juncture when WoD is far from completion. I don't think this bodes well.

I'm in the Beta, and it plays more like an Alpha. It's extremely buggy and in some ways feels like it's lacking direction. I like the concept of Garrisons, but it does play like the Tillers farm. The model updates are fine. You don't notice them after a day. I like the quest flow and pacing, but it's hardly new or innovative. Kill X. Kill 10 of X. The UI updates are fine.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2014-07-05 at 12:35 PM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

God you're such a whiny fucking cunt. Do you know what red-haired people (like myself) go through on a daily basis?
    No much? I'm red haired myself (similar to Prince Harry) and only a a few guys who called me "copper head" and "fire fox" but I liked both nicknames to be honest and if you are self confident you will not have a problem. If you show weakness, then people will prey on that. I've seen it with a very skinny guy. When called "beanpole" he cried. Guess what happened after that... that's right, everybody called him Beanpole and worse.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Since this makes no sense, I assume that you simply misunderstood or didn't want to understand.
    I understood perfectly - You think that having to listen to my problems is equal to me experiencing said problems. I disagree and there's not much more to discuss there. You don't care about my problems and don't want to hear about them. Well you don't have to. Just keep scrolling down.

<snip>
    I seriously have to wonder what it is that rages you (and others on this forum) so hard about people wanting suffering and misunderstanding to end. I really, really don't understand people like you, literally going out of their way to get legit fucking enraged because there are people other than you that have it rough and think it's unfair. Wow. Unbelievable. I guess that's the internet for you.

As for those who say they "suffer" because of LGBT people shoving their wants and needs down their throats, come back to me when a friend or family member of yours kills themselves over the tragedy of having to listen to people wanting equal rights, and maybe I'll consider your spew worth listening to.

Edit:
    I just realized I'm on the internet and probably talking to a bunch of 13 year olds, nevermind. I won't bother explaining what complete nonsense this thread has become.
    Last edited by daem; 2014-07-05 at 03:51 PM.

God you're such a whiny fucking cunt. Do you know what red-haired people (like myself) go through on a daily basis? Do you care? Do you push for a social agenda for "us"? Do you see me constantly demanding a certain stereotyped part of how I am culturally identified as, to be represented in fictional universes that have no fucking bearing on the real world? NO. YOU DON'T. COS IT'S NOT FUCKING RELEVANT. YOU CLEARLY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ACCEPTING YOURSELF AND ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH WHAT YOU ARE, IF YOU NEED THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD TO TELL YOU THAT IT'S OKAY TO BE WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE, ON A DAILY BASIS, IN EVERY FORMAT FUCKING AVAILABLE THAT IS KNOWN TO MAN.

GROW THE FUCK UP. THIS WORLD WILL NEVER CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS. JUST AS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE'S THAT DON'T CONFORM TO YOUR VALUES. YOU'RE JUST PLAYING TUG-OF-WAR WITH OTHER INSECURE EXTREMIST RETARDS WHO INHABIT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE - WHICH IS AN ENDLESS, POINTLESS, MEANINGLESS MAKE-BELIEVE CONFLICT OF YOUR OWN MAKING. AND IT'S ALWAYS THE MODERATES THAT SUFFER FOR YOUR DELUSIONS AND RETARDATION.
    ACCEPT YOURSELF, THAT IS THE ONLY PATH TO INNER-PEACE, THE REST OF THE WORLD IS INDIFFERENT AND FOREVER WILL BE. IT WILL NEVER BE A REFLECTION OF YOU. THAT IS THE NATURAL WAY OF THE WORLD. ADULTS KNOW THIS.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS INSANITY = TYRANNY BY FORCIBLE CULTURAL CENSORSHIP/DICTATORSHIP. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING UNDER THE FUCKING SUN. YOU SEEK TO ENFORCE PSEUDO-PEACE OVER ACTUAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH. YOU DESERVE NEITHER. IT'S A FUCKING RUSE JUST TO GET YOUR OWN SELFISH WAYS. GODDAMN FUCKING PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE HITLER MAN-CHILDREN. YOU WOULDN'T SURVIVE IN THE NATURAL WORLD FOR A FUCKING DAY WHERE REALITY IS KING.
    STOP TRYING TO PUSSIFY THE SPECIES WITH YOUR HYPERSENSITIVITY.

Won't be surprised if I get a ban for this, but fuck it, I don't care anymore. This place just fucking depresses me anyhow. So many fucking morons ¬_¬ GRRRRRRRRRRR
    My god, if it wasn't for your red hair and freckles I would vote you for king! I agree on everything you said

I understood perfectly - You think that having to listen to my problems is equal to me experiencing said problems. I disagree and there's not much more to discuss there. You don't care about my problems and don't want to hear about them. Well you don't have to. Just keep scrolling down.
    No that wasn't it.

Deleted
    No that wasn't it.
    Well that's pretty much exactly what you said so maybe you want to be more clear in the future. To be honest your post was rather incoherent so maybe I misunderstood what "my feelings don't care" means.

Well that's pretty much exactly what you said so maybe you want to be more clear in the future. To be honest your post was rather incoherent so maybe I misunderstood what "my feelings don't care" means.
    "To be honest"? What, have you been lying with everything else?

And no that's not "pretty much what I said".

And it wasn't incoherent at all. It was a response to one of your posts but You are the one who jumped from peoples rights to I don't need to read your posts.
    You are the one who went from: "It's ridiculous and rather offensive to compare the trials LGBT people suffer through every day"

to "Well you're always free to scroll straight past my posts. It's not like I'm standing outside your house with a sign",
    which have nothing to do with each other. Someone is incoherent alright, but it aint me. You need to re-read what has been written.

Increase boob size then we will instantly get 1M more subs!