Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ability to transfer honor from one character to another

Would it finally be time to actually include this? Currently and in the past the honor grind has quite frankly been working the whole wrong way. You start by having crap gear and just get beat up silly untill you gear up. Finally when you have your honor gear and wouldn't get beat up so badly, you don't actually need to do battlegrounds anymore.

As someone who as many alts, and I know I'm not the only one, having the ability to transfer honor from one character to another would be great. Right now when I'm done with one character and could punt people's faces in, I have to switch to another poorly geared character and just get beat up again for ages. Being able to transfer the honor from my well geared characters to the poorly geared one's would fix this.

I don't see any downside to this.

1) You still have to grind the honor to actually get it so you don't pvp any less. So it isn't any easier to grind the honor, just more pleasurable since you can actually pariticipate properly.
    2) People with alts would no longer have to bear the terrible burden of just constantly beint the sack to toss around in bg's while gearing up.

They said they want you to play the char you earn honor on. There's some logic to that, although I admit they are using a different logic in some other places.

I'm not a big pvper (I used to be) but I see PvP as an individual accomplishment. Sort of like gladiators in the arena in ancient Roman Times. I'm not going to step in the ring, bleed suffer and win the hearts of the people only to give the trophy to my nephew's, sister's uncle's cousin. At least that's how I feel about it. The titles and prestige should be for an individual/team not for characters or toons that were not a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'm not a big pvper (I used to be) but I see PvP as an individual accomplishment. Sort of like gladiators in the arena in ancient Roman Times. I'm not going to step in the ring, bleed suffer and win the hearts of the people only to give the trophy to my nephew's, sister's uncle's cousin. At least that's how I feel about it. The titles and prestige should be for an individual/team not for characters or toons that were not a part of it
    If we go down that route, achievements should be per-character, too, yet they made them shared (many people think that was a good change, including myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with helping ease the honor grind but I don't think this is the proper way to do it. I'd prefer if we had some sort of buff like Valor of the Ancients (but for Honor) instead.

Honorary Combatant
    When one of your characters has earned over 27,000 Honor (basically a full set of gear) for the season, all of your characters on the same realm earn 50% (or 100%) additional Honor Points.

I'd much rather gear 5 characters using all 5 of them and getting better at playing each class, than gear 5 characters by only using 1.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-07-14 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    It isn't your nephew's, sister's uncle's cousin, nor is it a bunch of pixels on the screen. It is YOU!

I think most everything should be account-wide since it is you why did it, not some pixelized toon and it is your account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I agree with helping ease the honor grind but I don't think this is the proper way to do it. I'd prefer if we had some sort of buff like Valor of the Ancients (but for Honor) instead.

Honorary Combatant
    When one of your characters has earned over 27,000 Honor (basically a full set of gear) for the season, all of your characters on the same realm earn 50% (or 100%) additional Honor Points.

I'd much rather gear 5 characters using all 5 of them and getting better at playing each class, than gear 5 characters by only using 1.
    This could work too.
    Right, excpet that the toons are YOURS, not someone elses.

What sucks is that they made those rare elites in krasarang only give honor once per day per character. Before i could gear up a toon really quite quick when that rule wasn't set in place because my realm is empty (well was at the time anyway before the merge) and combining it with tol barad and stuff.

hmm. Maybe they could just make a couple slots have BoE items outside of that the increase to honor and or conquest after having one toon at 27k does not seem unreasonable. Everyone does the same grind and everyone gets the same benefit. I know I would pvp more than I do if each alt I decide to play didnt take 2 weeks to catch up to a point of not getting stomped.

Deleted
    Guess it's more hiding and alt-tabbing in AV while watching South Park if I ever want to level an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Guess it's more hiding and alt-tabbing in AV while watching South Park if I ever want to level an alt.
    Haha, I know right.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though, if what I said was implemented, I think a lot of people would actually start gearing alts again. I play 8 (sometimes 10) characters (4 and 5 respectively on each faction) and gearing can be a bit... tedious.

Honorary Combatant
    When one of your characters has earned over 27,000 Honor for the season, all of your characters on the same realm earn 100% additional Honor Points.
    This would definitely help that tremendously.

• It's not a free ticket to gear. You still have to earn over 27,000 Honor on 1 character.
    • You'll still have to play the character you wish to gear.
    • If it's too strong a buff, you could always change it to only affect the faction you've acquired the gear on.

They'd be stupid for not implementing this change.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-07-14 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    there used to be something like that in wotlk, you could purchase honor in wintergrasp and the honor was bound on account then..

definitely want something like this back, it's not fun farming gear on alts

I'd love that.. My overgeared tank could spam run dungeons, thanks to instant queue and ability to solo HCs, for JP, turn them into honor and then transfer to my DPS alt, that has like 40 mins queue.. :?

Not gonna happen unfortunatelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I've been pretty active when it comes to PVP this season, thanks to pretty much all of the armor sets being awesome. it would be nice to focus on that one main that has the best gear and use it for farming honor for other toons. otherwise its the old "get your ass slapped for a few weeks" while gearing up.

I just can't make myself pvp on my alts. They don't have the Warlord title! sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I know right.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though, if what I said was implemented, I think a lot of people would actually start gearing alts again. I play 8 (sometimes 10) characters (4 and 5 respectively on each faction) and gearing can be a bit... tedious.

This would definitely help that tremendously.

• It's not a free ticket to gear. You still have to earn over 27,000 Honor on 1 character.
    • You'll still have to play the character you wish to gear.
    • If it's too strong a buff, you could always change it to only affect the faction you've acquired the gear on.

They'd be stupid for not implementing this change.
    They do this with the 550 pvp gear, once you earn 27000 conq points you can then purchase the 550 gear with honor on your other toons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    They do this with the 550 pvp gear, once you earn 27000 conq points you can then purchase the 550 gear with honor on your other toons
    Will they do this in WoD or what do you mean? Atm this only works for the character you've earned 27k conq on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    Will they do this in WoD or what do you mean? Atm this only works for the character you've earned 27k conq on.
    My bad i must have misread it. Well that kinda stupid if you ask me. Only thing thats good for is gearing up a different spec.

I play only BM sooooooo........

I'd prefer if we had some sort of buff like Valor of the Ancients (but for Honor) instead.
    I really like this idea!
    I have given up trying to gear my Mage and Druid because they only have 330k health! I get shit-faced in Battlegrounds! If there was an increase in honor grinding for my new 90s, I would have an incentive to push through despite being so underpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaridra View Post
    I really like this idea!
    I have given up trying to gear my Mage and Druid because they only have 330k health! I get shit-faced in Battlegrounds! If there was an increase in honor grinding for my new 90s, I would have an incentive to push through despite being so underpowered.
    There are 5-6 ways of getting honor without stepping foot inside a bg.