Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The chopper in the video is the mechginneer's chopper, which was introduced in Wrath. It is not the alliance bike.
    I am not talking about those, in one of the videos it shows the wow artist working on the mounts while the show was still going on.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I doubt it. Blizzard will judge the reaction to what they've done with the Horde bike, stoke the fires on that where they can simply to keep people talking about it and then when that has run its course very likely announce that the Alliance bike will be in the game which will set everyone off again and generate forum chatter for another month. If they handle it right they can stretch this out for weeks or months. Round One to Zarhym. The smile at the end of the tweet is a dead giveaway. He's trolling everyone.
    Probably pretty accurate. The smile and the post Zarhym chose to reply to say a lot I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Leaving aside the fact that it was FUGLY. What would then be the point of the contest then? I mean it was a fun activity that the community sank it's teeth into. And now what? They have to wipe the whole thing out just cause what? You need another shit mount? Or you can't take the other faction winning something?

Just get the fuck over yourselves. They won't do this ever again and any chance you might have at something nice exclusive to your faction dies with this. Just like the event zombie event prior to WOTLK. Whined out of existence.

They should stick to what they said and let the whinos threaten with quitting and self mutilation or whatever the hell. They are just empty words and the bike itself is just a bunch of pixels. The contest is the only thing that meant something here.
    Try posting in a way that makes a point without repeatedly insulting people please.

The point of the contest was simply to generate buzz as was just explained in the post above yours. The winner and loser didn't matter outside of stoking a fire. The contest results were not all there was to this.

This was not a contest that can be compared to a those with only a few winners like a lottery that makes great sense as a business and causes little or no animosity. This was not a contest like a sporting event that has equal representation on both sides and is decided by skill. This was not a contest like a job interview that is based on merit(most of the time.)
    This was a PR stunt first and foremost. The reaction was in no way unexpected by Blizzard. It was induced.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2014-07-28 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Probably pretty accurate. The smile and the post Zarhym chose to reply to say a lot I think.

Try posting in a way that makes a point without repeatedly insulting people please.

The point of the contest was simply to generate buzz as was just explained in the post above yours. The winner and loser didn't matter outside of stoking a fire. The contest results were not all there was to this.

This was not a contest that can be compared to a those with only a few winners like a lottery that makes great sense as a business and causes little or no animosity. This was not a contest like a sporting event that has equal representation on both sides and is decided by skill. This was not a contest like a job interview that is based on merit(most of the time.)
    This was a PR stunt first and foremost. The reaction was in no way unexpected by Blizzard. It was induced.
    Inducted my ass. Everything seems to be inducted now if a faction gets something slightly different than the other one. Somehow both deserve it no matter what.

It's people like you who make these things lose their meaning with your begging and demanding. You suck the essence out of anything that you think isn't justified by your interest, be it in the items iself or in the fact that the other guys get something you don't.

I'm starting to agree with that headbanger, Corpse...whatever. The only thing you can learn from this is that whining beats all. I know the Alliance are whiners, I am curious if the majority of the horde would have acted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't have any info to share on this at the moment.
    (Source)

Mod Edit: Added (Source).

Did I qualify that title enough?

My main is Horde but I actually voted for the Alliance bike, and from the start of the contest I thought it would be a shame not to put both in the game. I don't really care what form it takes - eg, they could release the Alliance bike months later and you actually have to buy it off the store rather than getting it free for logging in like the Horde one. That way winning the contest still has the perk that you get a free bike as advertised.

So I really hope he is implying what I think he's implying!

(Please don't turn this thread into a factional flamewar like some other chopper threads.)
    Today I learned the OP does not understand the definition of "implying"

Quote Originally Posted by IISlayerxII View Post
    i dont care, but a free mount is a free mount even if its ugly...
    Chances are the alliance bike will not be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't have any info to share on this at the moment.
    (Source)

Mod Edit: Added (Source).

Did I qualify that title enough?

My main is Horde but I actually voted for the Alliance bike, and from the start of the contest I thought it would be a shame not to put both in the game. I don't really care what form it takes - eg, they could release the Alliance bike months later and you actually have to buy it off the store rather than getting it free for logging in like the Horde one. That way winning the contest still has the perk that you get a free bike as advertised.

So I really hope he is implying what I think he's implying!

(Please don't turn this thread into a factional flamewar like some other chopper threads.)
    Alliance bike is definitely coming, the model has been built so they aren't going to waste the effort in doing the art. Probably 90% certain it will be in the cash shop some time after WOD launch to supplement income for whatever quarter needs it the most.

I can pretty much guarantee an Alliance will come out at some point in WoD. They hyped that shit up no way they aren't using both models. Alliance people will complain about feeling left out. Mount collectors will complain about being at a disadvantage. Alliance will get their chopper 100% sure of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't they add it in? Seems to me like they'll both be in-game eventually.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    What was the original question he was addressing? I'm assuming he was asked if the Alliance bike would ever be put into the game. If that's the case he didn't say no, but that doesn't mean he is implying anything either. Maybe they are entertaining the idea but he doesn't want to commit to an answer.
    Possible.

I should've added the source, I edited the OP to include context. The question was whether there are any plans in the works to include it.

Yes, feedback. That's what we'll call it.

Maybe they should learn that contests don't work in this game.
    I would say, not ones that pit faction vs faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it does make it into the game, I highly doubt it will be sold in the store. As it stands now, there has been a tremendous amount of bitching over the results of the contest (and some over the fact that the contest happened in the first place), and requiring Alliance players to fork over real money if they want their bike would be adding insult on top of injury. I could see them adding a quest chain, or making it a rare boss drop, or from an engineering schematic - or maybe they'll just give it to everyone several months down the road.

Leaving aside the fact that it was FUGLY. What would then be the point of the contest then? I mean it was a fun activity that the community sank it's teeth into. And now what? They have to wipe the whole thing out just cause what? You need another shit mount? Or you can't take the other faction winning something?
    You'll note the contest's reward was a FREE mount.

P.S. I voted for the Alliance bike because I preferred it, believe it or not aesthetics are an entirely personal thing. I forget the numbers, but like 35% or so voted for the Alliance one.

I would've preferred it with wheels instead of treads, that was a mistake they made before the build even started IMO, but still when I saw both bikes I decided I liked the Alliance one more. Even though up until the final reveal I'd been leaning towards Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I hope it is, alliance will need something in WoD.

I am curious if the majority of the horde would have acted the same.
    I've played both sides enough to know that one faction isn't actually more mature than the other -- despite what people would like to think. The Horde would be just as upset had the voting turned out the other way.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

i play alli but i voted for the horde bike. thats the one i liked the look of. if they wanted to make it about the side that got it for horde vs alli i would have gone by the lvl of charactors made for that info

I will be very surprised if the Alliance bike does not make it in eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    If it makes it in game, that will be unfortunate.
    It would be an OPTIONAL mount that would shut a lot of people up, wouldn't it be worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    just make it so when your on alliance you get the alliance mount, and when ur horde u get the horde one.

like it doesn't ahve to be a big thing. jesus
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    You're reading WAY too much into it.
    This. Grasping at straws with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    just make it so when your on alliance you get the alliance mount, and when ur horde u get the horde one.

like it doesn't ahve to be a big thing. jesus
    Or make it the horde visual for both factions. My Nelf brewmaster alt chica would look badass riding that bad boy
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Just what I've always wanted.