Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The mount gets added to the total just like the rest, you just can't mount it if you're alliance, think non-tailors with flying carpets, all 3 count towards the mount count even if you can't use them.

The problem is some alliance players have a victim complex the size of stormwind.
    This would be a nice thing for mount-collectors

as a mount collector im anoyed i only made a horde to help a guildie with the halaa mounts i have no intentions or playing him outer wiser another mount i cant add to my 200+ mount collection.

couldnt really care foir horde favouritism as tbh its not.

Was there even a grand total number of how many people voted? Is there any clue about how many voted for each bike? When I saw the final video for Choppers, all I saw was a map of the world with color blotches indicating who voted for what and where, but there wasn't any statistics provided. Just . . . color blotches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever actually thinks Horde won because Blizzard favors them over Alliance is truly a moron. It was a vote for people to choose which bike looked better, that's it. Blizzard had no hands in the vote it was all up to us to decide which bike wins. Seriously, why are people even still talking about this? Horde won, it's over, move on with your life.

Plus I would say that it's more than likely that we'll see the Alliance bike be included to the game too because it makes no sense to go through all that work to only add one of them to the game. Knowing Blizzard, they'll put it up for $25-$30 in the online store because who doesn't like spending money on a losing bike? If we're lucky they might just add it to the game for free somewhere down the road when WoD comes out.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-07-28 at 03:01 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Whoever actually thinks Horde won because Blizzard favors the mover Alliance is truly a moron. It was a vote for people to choose which bike looked better, that's it. Blizzard had no hands in the vote it was all up to us to decide which bike wins. Seriously, why are people even still talking about this? Horde won, it's over, move on with your life.
    Sorry, but I don't agree. If there aren't any actual numbers, where are the facts coming from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't agree. If there aren't any actual numbers, where are the facts coming from?
    Well then where are the facts for Blizzard favoring Horde over Alliance? Or the facts for the Horde bike winning because Blizzard favors the Horde? There are zero facts to prove this favoritism. Even if Blizzard favors Horde over Alliance, first of all who cares and second, why would they be so childish as to just choose the Horde bike because they like Horde better than Alliance? Blizzard is a professional company they're not a bunch of fanboys.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the usual excuse? Creating an alliance bike in-game would delay something in WoD? or some nonsense like that. Its the reason they stopped doing good expansion launch events...takes too much time to create.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Horde had a better bike. People were voting multiple times, not just twice or thrice. Yes, Blizzard favors the Horde.
    I'm sure it would have been more equal (with Horde still winning) if they had an IP lock after one vote.

Though they should have just introduced both bikes so people wouldn't complain as much. Or maybe they still would "Horde won! Why did Alliance get their bikes too!?".

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    This alliance vs horde is getting rather silly considering how many play both factions or have faction jumped. When people start talking about faction pride it kinda weird me out.
    this sooooooooooooooooo much. people really take things to a new level with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Whats the usual excuse? Creating an alliance bike in-game would delay something in WoD? or some nonsense like that. Its the reason they stopped doing good expansion launch events...takes too much time to create.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
    They should just give them the fucking mount. Honestly, I really don't care.

But next time and every time they ask for something, they should be reminded how they whined a stupid mount into the game cause they thought it was all a big conspiracy to reward the Horde...

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You don't understand how mount collecting works. The mount is not counted if it is not available on that character. I can make a Paladin, it doesn't mean my other classes suddenly have +2 mounts. I can make 4 paladins, one for each mount type. I'm not gonna get 8 new mounts.
    They count cross-faction in WoD. At least they do on Beta, so I'm guessing it will stay when it launches.

Explain to me how is voice of the people favoritism from company?

Both bikes should have been released, with the winning bike being free and the losing bike being available for in-game gold, like 5k or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The worst thing about this thread is that I learned there's such a thing as "competitive mount collectors" and that they're seriously butthurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

While I don't think the Horde bike winning is an example of Horde favortism on Blizzard's part, those using the "players voted for it" reason is invalid, as the voting process was not legit -- at all.

Samwise Didier (a huge Horde fan) could have voted for the Horde bike 1000 times, as could anyone within Blizzard.

Myself, I voted for the Alliance bike 10 times (quit voting after I stopped caring). While I think both bikes looked terrible, I voted for the Alliance bike simply because I just could not fathom voting for a tricycle.

If the voting were tied to battle.net account, the whole process would have at least been believable.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    While I don't think the Horde bike winning is an example of Horde favortism on Blizzard's part, those using the "players voted for it" reason is invalid, as the voting process was not legit -- at all.

Samwise Didier (a huge Horde fan) could have voted for the Horde bike 1000 times, as could anyone within Blizzard.

Myself, I voted for the Alliance bike 10 times (quit voting after I stopped caring). While I think both bikes looked terrible, I voted for the Alliance bike simply because I just could not fathom voting for a tricycle.

If the voting were tied to battle.net account, the whole process would have at least been believable.
    You sure? By the looks of it the Alliance would have probably found something to complain about. Hell even the Battlenet accounts could be rigged too.

And are you sure Samwise voted 1000 times? You voted 10 times and the Horde mount won. So, either the Horde has really determined guys who are willing to toss 1000 votes each as opposed to not caring after 10 votes, which as far as I'm concerned is pretty damn impressive (not in a good way), or maybe, like some Alliance already claimed, the Alliance mount was UGLY so they voted for the pretty one. People tend to vote for pretty stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favoritism would be bad for business.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Proof that everyone has to win, even the losers, otherwise someone might get a case of the sads.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    You sure? By the looks of it the Alliance would have probably found something to complain about. Hell even the Battlenet accounts could be rigged too.

And are you sure Samwise voted 1000 times? You voted 10 times and the Horde mount won. So, either the Horde has really determined guys who are willing to toss 1000 votes each as opposed to not caring after 10 votes, which as far as I'm concerned is pretty damn impressive (not in a good way), or maybe, like some Alliance already claimed, the Alliance mount was UGLY so they voted for the pretty one. People tend to vote for pretty stuff.

Heh, I was testing a script. I voted 5 times manually, then the other 5 with one click of a button. Once I got it working is when I stopped caring.

Of course there would still be complainers if the voting were fair. I'm just pointing out that using the line "the players voted for it" isn't valid because the voting process was not legitimate. It also shows that we have no idea what bike was really the winner and fan favorite. Which is unfortunate.

I disagree that it's favoritism. I do think it's just plain stupidity though because it does further alienate the Alliance fanbase. Blizzard make for poor politicians.