Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    glad its only a temporary, FUN thing then. i wont have to stress over raiding it for 6 months +. i can have fun in an LFR environment a few times, when i have to do it weekly for months at a time, it gets old quick.
    Nothing more "fun" than being stuck with 40 random, cross-realm LFR idiots for an hour in a MC that's tuned so low that it's utterly impossible to fail. If this is what passes for "fun" now I need to retire from this game for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    25 people afk or standing in fire, 15 others actually trying.
    How is that different from LFR? I guess it might be, I've never seen 15 people try in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    You'll run it once, get your stuff and never go back. The stuff will be so common that you'll forget you even have it a week after the event.
    Sounds fine for something that will likely only be around for a couple of weeks. Most people will run it for the mount and that's all.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing more "fun" than being stuck with 40 random, cross-realm LFR idiots for an hour in a MC that's tuned so low that it's utterly impossible to fail. If this is what passes for "fun" now I need to retire from this game for good.
    sorry, updated my previous post to reflect the actual fun part. LFR once or twice is nothing to cry over.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it and I wish they'd rotate other old raids like this every once in a while, as long as the reward is something cosmetic like mounts or pets that everyone get on their first try. I don't much care for the 40man format though, but if it's a one run only for nostalgia's sake I wouldn't mind it too terribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know what kind of loot drops there are in limited time MC.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but it'd be nice if they at least offered a flex version so you don't have to run with randoms. And before anyone tries to be clever, no, I cant find 40 people to make a raid on my server.

I'm curious what they're going to put on the loot tables though, guessing just transmog versions of the original gear.

Overall not very exited. I'll do it once for the pet which I'll never use, and then forget about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanda View Post
    So with the temporary revamp on Molten Core 40man what do you guys think. Do you like it? Do you not?? Also, Blizzard only stated you would be able to go around in a LFR version. Does this mean that we won't be able to do a real raid of it? It would be nice to see a real challenge.

You can get together 40 level 60s and go do MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the idea

I think it's only going to be around for a limited time, so this is just an event where you can have the smallest of tastes of how raiding was early on in WoW. For an anniversary event I think that's a perfect way to celebrate.

Kind of cool. I like how they're doing a few throw backs to the original WoW for the 10th year. I still want a normal corgi, but I'll take a molten corgi for now.

Sounds like this isn't all, though. They make it sound like there's still more to be announced.

Except they're not. It's going to be a holiday boss/LFR level of difficulty where everybody is a winner. It'd be just as exciting if they just mailed you the stuff. You'll run it once, get your stuff and never go back. The stuff will be so common that you'll forget you even have it a week after the event.

Being stuck with 40 random, cross-realm knobs in LFR steamrolling MC isn't remotely the same as spending 6 months with a team working through old school MC.
    So uh, don't run it then? I dunno, just a thought.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Deleted
    Well im happy. Original thought was that corehound and the pet was just another monney grab on blizz store. I prayed to get those from "something", idk quest, dungeon,scenario whatever. They gave me more than enough. 100vs100 BG?? In Hillsbrad?? Tarren Mill vs Southshore?? Deathmatch?? God Yes Please!!

Sad that it only will be avalible for some time, deathmatch BG would be awsome. It could keep us a little longer in Mists - That would buy them some time to work on Warlords while we smash our faces in BG and Raid.

I like it, all i want to say ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it's doable in a random group and that there's a guaranteed mount at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    see here is the thing. I can run MC right now.

how am I supposed to get excited over doing it...again, in LFR? you know what is exciting? new content. not onyxia's lair 3.0. it's bad enough that firelands recycled rag as it is.
    Did..did you even do either of those fights? The only thing recycled is a slight likeness. Ragnaros in FL has no mechanics of MC - Hell, the real fight FL Ragnaros even moves around. Do you just get pissed when you see the same name twice or something? Like...it was always pretty obvious we were going to fight Ragnaros again, in his realm.

I'm pretty excited about it, but only for the rewards. Molten Core was never really mechanic-heavy. The fights aren't quite why I'll be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I'm glad it's doable in a random group and that there's a guaranteed mount at the end of it.
    Welcome to the casualization of WoW, where everybody gets a 1st place ribbon for participating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like a logical step after Onyxia's return at the 5 year mark.

Welcome to the casualization of WoW, where everybody gets a 1st place ribbon for participating.
    Because an anniversary event is supposed to be for the hardcore raiders only?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    Because if you go do MC right now, you're going to be doing it solo with more health as a dps than a lot of the bosses have and one shotting the trash (and possibly bosses as well). If you do it with a group at level 60, it's still not going to compare because so much scaling/talents/etc stuff has changed over the years. I think even at level 60 you only need 5-10 people. Basically, it's not the experience of going in with a large group at the appropriate character and power level, which is what they're providing here.
    if you do it at level 55 with 15 people it's a challenge
    LFR anything isn't and that's what this is

10+ Year Old Account
    People still fucking crying? It's just an event man, just do it and get your mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested, at least. Probably gonna resub and see what it has to offer. What'd be really bitchin' is if that's where we get the character creation armor or--and bear with me on this one--level 90 versions of tier 1 and famous Vanilla raid weapons (barring those from Naxx40 since Blizzard's been pretty clear on wanting the stuff that didn't make the jump to Naxx10/25 to remain exclusive). Also planning to use Tarren Mill/Southshore to build a healing PvP set on my monk because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    see here is the thing. I can run MC right now.

how am I supposed to get excited over doing it...again, in LFR? you know what is exciting? new content. not onyxia's lair 3.0. it's bad enough that firelands recycled rag as it is.
    You can face roll extremely old content and you're saying doing the content again when its actually a challenge dropping new gear is the same thing?