Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I did not read anything about gnomes being shitty yet.
    Since 2009? You're joking. It's not a hot topic right now but it comes up every few weeks usually!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I did not read anything about gnomes being shitty yet.
    Gnomes are shitty. There you have now read something about gnomes being shitty.

Vanilla: I wasn't playing WoW, so can't say truthfully, but from the stories - probably excruciatingly long grind for raids, like potions, res gear, etc

TBC: It was good in almost every aspect, but if I have to say one thing - well, lore behind Kael'tas and Illidan suddenly being bad guys.

WotLK: T9 gear looks

Cataclysm: Boring Dragon Soul aesthetics (except the last 3 encounters)

MoP: Grummle, I hate these guys. Oh and Klaxxi. Those stupid bugs treated badly Me, the Savior of Azeroth. They dared threaten my character, who not so long ago killed Deathwing, the dragon who could obliterate the whole of Pandaria just by flying over it. All of their stupid race and 100 years cycle and culture would matter none before the might of The Destroyer. I'm so glad we killed the Paragons in SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Vanilla: I wasn't playing WoW, so can't say truthfully, but from the stories - probably excruciatingly long grind for raids, like potions, res gear, etc

TBC: It was good in almost every aspect, but if I have to say one thing - well, lore behind Kael'tas and Illidan suddenly being bad guys.

WotLK: T9 gear looks

Cataclysm: Boring Dragon Soul aesthetics (except the last 3 encounters)

MoP: Grummle, I hate these guys. Oh and Klaxxi. Those stupid bugs treated badly Me, the Savior of Azeroth. They dared threaten my character, who not so long ago killed Deathwing, the dragon who could obliterate the whole of Pandaria just by flying over it. All of their stupid race and 100 years cycle and culture would matter none before the might of The Destroyer. I'm so glad we killed the Paragons in SoO.
    Because the residents of Pandaria are privy to the information that happened outside of Pandaria BEFORE the Mists disappeared, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Every goddam LFR hero killed Deathwing, it's no accomplishment at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    wrath
    -gearscore, I get the good intentions, but it just made WoW so bottom line and less "lets see what you can do"
    That's not wrath's fault. It's the fault of Tentonhammer who should be killed for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's not wrath's fault. It's the fault of Tentonhammer who should be killed for it.
    It's a grey area. The advent of easily puggable content and daily quests that encourage pugging ("X must die!") leads to incentives to develop these systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Vanilla: MANY MANY broken classes/specs (each class generally only had one "viable" spec - all warriors had to tank, shamans and paladins were broken buff bots, all druids and priests had to heal, fire mages were useless due to immune mechanics, etc)
    Fury warriors were one of the best dps classes for most of vanilla, shamans and paladins could dps or heal (did require non set gear and shamans were better), there were shadow priests dpsing just fine and a few feral druids dpsing decently, fire mages were top dps in naxx and it was dominate for AQ40 too, basically the last half of raiding past MC and BWL. It wasn't as well balanced as today and a few specs lacked throughout (boomkin, non-war tanks) but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out. The main issues were the amount of resources raiding required (pots,res gear etc..) and the fact that Naxx wasn't out long enough for even most raiders to experience the majority of it before BC hit, in my opinion.

Let's see.....the worst thing about the game, and expansions........Oooo, I know, the complaining about not liking of things, lol Nah, I jest.
    I didn't play Vanilla so no opinion.
    BC I was still so new to the game, I can't say I noticed much.....maybe the addition of flying, while fun also added the "drop ganks"
    Wrath was alright, though felt a little uninspired when it came to the whole, "Let's set up an arena" raid.
    Cataclysm I felt had a good direction, but not enough destruction to really show how dangerous Deathwing was.
    Pandaria had a bit much in the way of relying on the daily content, so many new factions to work for.

Vanilla: General grinding for everything. Korean style grinding; lots of repetitive mob killing in hopes of drops or tiny amounts of rep (sometimes 1 rep). I would complain about some of the specs or resist gear, but that was something that just had to be felt out in the early creation of MMOs. The grinding was worse because it was a conscious choice to make it that way, as opposed to just not having the experience to create well balanced classes.

TBC: Gated raiding system. Vanilla also had attunements, but they were a lot less arduous than in TBC where it required to you do all of previous raid content, multiple times to reach current content. It wasn't a gear gate, but a literal you have to do X raid all the way through before you can even enter Y raid. Doesn't seem that bad, but from a recruiting perspective it made it hard towards the end to find people who you didn't have to catch up through every raid to get them into the mix. Convincing 24 people to return to SSC when you are in BT wasn't a lot of fun.

Wrath: Separate raid lockouts and 10 man not having some of the gear. The lock system led quickly to burnout and frustration. 10 man having weaker gear wasn't my issue as much as it totally lacking certain pieces of gear (trinkets). How many pugged ToCs I had to live through to get a healing trinket while I was doing H10 ICC.

Cata: Separate raid instances for the same tier and mid tier Legendary. Moving between the two raid instances always disrupted the flow of raiding for the evening and caused focus to drop. mid tier farmable legendary can go jump off a cliff. Going back into FL over and over after FL was done and of course so many people who got it burned out after getting it. Who would have thought.

MoP: Gated reputation grind at the start of the expansion. Worst decision ever, a total reversion to a concept hated in vanilla. Raid tiers coming out too quickly and then leaving dead months at the end of the expansion.

Vanilla: the players
    TBC: the community
    Wrath: the people
    Cata: the players again
    MOP: everyone else who play this game

Love the game, hate the players.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Strange how anyone can think that this is the worst thing Blizzard has ever done. It makes a teeny-weeny sense if you're being totally rigid when it comes to the lore about the tauren being more of a druid/shaman race, but to emphasize on tauren paladins when there is so much else "wrong" with the world is just ridiculous.

What about tauren priests?
    Or night elf priests?
    Or undead priests?
    Or dwarf shamans?
    Or orc mages?
    I could sit here all night pointing out things that aren't 100%
    Night elves had priests... Only they were limited to female and males had druids instead, lore wise. Ofc gameplay wise people would protest if a class was only available to 1 gender.

But holy cow, of all these you didn't mention Worgen Death Knights? That's the biggest lorelol for class - race combo for me, taking precedence even over Tauren Paladins and Orc Mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    But holy cow, of all these you didn't mention Worgen Death Knights? That's the biggest lorelol for class - race combo for me, taking precedence even over Tauren Paladins and Orc Mages.
    Don't forget Night Elf Mages and Gnome Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Horrible class balance, and class design in general.
    TBC: Attunements. So much grind before you could do anything but normal dungeons. PvP became arenas only. Hard to find groups for dungeons if your class had no CC.
    WotLK: Class balance in the start. Raids before Ulduar were easymode. Wintergrasp that was a lag fest.
    Cataclysm: They ruined so many parts of the world to make some low level quest hubs that no one ever used, given how fast leveling was and you could just spam dungeons.
    MoP: LFR. Rep grinding and dailies in the start. Easier than easy dungeons. Bad difficulty curve in T14 that killed many guilds (Garalon normal was more stressing than most bosses in SoO HC). AND LEVEL 90 BOOST!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    The start of every expansion is pretty cancerous.

1) You're no longer proficient at your class since they overhauled the entire thing.
    2) Costs for every item and material on AH is inflated to insanity because of reasons.
    3) You don't have any max level characters in the event that you're getting ganked by someone higher level than you.
    4) You have to quest since LFD is too cancerous because of all the filthy peasants who can't grasp the concept of a dungeon.
    5) There are no pugs going for anything.
    6) Impossible to play arena as a casual since there are too many Worthless gladiators tryharding at the start.
    7) Every rare mob, spawn or point of interest is camped to death so no point in doing that.

It's just a clusterfuck at the start.
    Still better than running the same content for over a year
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    3) You don't have any max level characters in the event that you're getting ganked by someone higher level than you.
    This is why you take a day off and get to max level ASAP. If you are fast enough, the only ones that are even faster, are also too busy to gank anyone.
    Last edited by Weightlifter; 2014-08-12 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    Vanilla: didn't play
    BC: Illidan was present in one quest and that was it. Horrible story telling.
    Wotlk: I loved everything.
    Cata: everything
    MoP: Asian theme, pandas

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: No easier way to grind all that money you needed for your epic mount. I must've wasted dozens of hours at Gahrron's Withering just killing the same shades over and over and over again for Runecloth and green gear to sell.
    BC: Sha'tari Skyguard and Ogri'la - because it made very little sense to add them as their own faction. And especially for the Ogri'la the daily quests were horrible.
    WotLK: The fight against the Blue Dragonflight - just everything about it: Poor lore, weak resolution, didn't match up with the threat from the Scourge or even from Ulduar. And don't even get me started on The Oculus...worst dungeon in all of WoW!
    Cata: Hanging you on a straight questing line through the entire zone, forcing you to repeat the same schtick with every other character you wanted to level up. Unfortuneately that's still how they roll. So it won't get any better in WoD.
    MoP: Taran Zhu (hated that guy), too many Pandaren NPC's, the Mantid (another bug race after the Qiraj and the Nerubians? GIMME ME A BREAK!!! Especially their sound effects made me cringe) and...these god damn Virmen...argh!

Vanilla: Mechanics. e.g. Some specs were completely useless, downranking spells, innervate priests, 5 sunders...etc
    TBC: 2v2 & heroic keys.
    WOTLK: Vehicles & Badges.
    Cata: Redoing the old zones & splitting up new ones.
    MoP: Asian theme doesn't feel like WoW at all.

Vanilla: Game was broken and barely functional but w/e. Lots of useless abilities and ability bloat, when rotaitons were generally 1-3 buttons.
    TBC: Questing/leveling took forever
    Wrath: entire thing besides ulduar was trash, ICC was a lame raid. People in half-normal ICC gear walking around like theyre king shiz
    Cata: Dragon soul was terrible
    MOP: Entire expansion has been a flop

15+ Year Old Account
    TBC: Lore. Blizzard just threw the named characters from Warcraft 3 in and called it a day. And they butchered Illidan's character.
    Wrath: Vehicles, start of faceroll heroics, faceroll DKs and paladins at the start of expansion.
    Cataclysm: Deepholm, Dragon Soul.
    MoP: Monks and talent tree revamp.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-08-12 at 04:19 AM.

Vanilla- Didn't play
    TBC- Attunements were a overboard, which was annoying at the end of the expansion, Bad lore
    WOTLK- Death Knights, Malygos Lore. This was easily my favorite time playing
    Cata- Buggy raids, Vashjr, Deathwing fight
    MOP- Pandas, class homogenization, valor gear requiring rep from dailies, lack of 5 mans, terrible 5 mans, Timeless isle, PvP gearing is horrendus, Bg ques are awful, no Wintergrasp/Tol Barad

Quote Originally Posted by jezz234 View Post
    TBC: Brutal gladiator items were better for PVE than PVE items
    WOTLK: leveling was VERY annoying
    CATA: DS had no Atmosphere + Vash'jr
    MOP: that blizzard thought it was a good idea to make it actually happen...
    Wait wait wait! So you mean Season 4 armor was better then T5 except baring you know trinkets and shit. WOW REALLY good thing we don't have 550 pvp gear now.

Oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

For mop I'll just say what everyone is really thinking....

Warforge / Thunderforge and the fact it's sticking around.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu