View Poll Results: Is 4 dungeons enough for leveling in WoD?

Voters
320. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 43.44%
  • No, there should be at least 6/8

87 27.19%
  • No, there should be at least 7/8

43 13.44%
  • No, all should be available while leveling on normal mode

51 15.94%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Only 4 dungeons while leveling?

Hi! I am quite confused why there are only 4 out of 8 new WoD dungeons available while leveling on normal mode; I understand the fact that they want ppl to level trough questing and have dungeons as an extra thing to do, but I know ppl will still do what they used to do every expansion and level trough dungeon spam(some of them); So having only 4 instances available while leveling(especially 10 levels) will only make them get bored faster of the given 4 instances; I can think of another reason why they would want 4 max level normal modes, that being gear, but I thought why not make the higher level instances(97-100 for example) drop level 100 gear that those 4 instances would drop anyway(sort of like Mogu'shan Vaults drops level 88+ gear when u can enter the instance at 86); It's really a shame, we used to have 2 max level instances in MoP and they ended up giving them for leveling as well since nobody was doing them, cuz there was no point; I understand heroics will be harder and will require you to go trough normal and get some gear(especially for pugs), but that wont last forever, as it never did before, not even in Cata where heroics were more challenging; I think having only 4 instances while leveling is a bit too low, and would not only help people dungeon spamming but also ppl that que while questing for dungeons, getting the same dungeon over and over again gets annoying after a while;

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really, really simple.

Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Cataclysm heroics weren't hard yet they nerfed them so many times and people complained how hard they were.
    Quest. It's even better and quicker for you to quest in MoP instead of doing dungeons. I'm sure it'll be the same way in WoD.
    Though hopefully they'll add more dungeons in WoD. MoP there are barely any dungeons. 6, so much fun :/

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    Cataclysm heroics weren't hard yet they nerfed them so many times and people complained how hard they were.
    They were IMPOSSIBLE to finish in LFD. People who only played with guildies have no idea of the PAIN they were

But yeah, 4 dungeons in 10 levels is just RETARDED. People saying "quest" probably forget this is a MMO, so it should fucking have some group content.

inb4 "Be grateful you breathe the same air as them and that they're giving you any dungeons for your 50 dollars at all. Why do people have to complain about everything? You would complain that the sky is blue!"

But yeah, that IS low. Especially considering how many Burning Crusade had. I imagine it's their way of pushing people to go out and explore their new dynamic events and rare system. Though from what I hear it isn't that exciting and the rares only drop stuff once.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of wonder if they aren't limiting the amount of dungeons due to Challenge Modes. I mean it's probably a no brainer, but I doubt they want to go into all of that tuning and adding mechanics for a challenge version of each dungeon, and then another time for a normal max level version as well as the normal under level version. But I don't know. Still sucks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how garrison progress ties into each and every zone, they probably want to limit the experience you gain from dungeons.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

No expansion is ever going to have the amount burning crusade had and that's mostly because the quality and work put into a dungeon now is far more than it was back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's 5 though isn't there?

- Bloodmaul Slag Mines (90-92)
    - Iron Docks (92-94)
    - Auchindoun (94-97)
    - Skyreach (97-99)
    - Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (currently scaled up to 100 on the beta, but I believe is a 90-92)

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very disappointed. It REALLY blows having to do the same few dungeons leveling up in MoP, I cannot even imagine how old those four dungeons are going to get when it has to cover 10 levels.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

more than enough, leveling dungeons have no purpose outside of the 1st 3 days of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They were IMPOSSIBLE to finish in LFD. People who only played with guildies have no idea of the PAIN they were

But yeah, 4 dungeons in 10 levels is just RETARDED. People saying "quest" probably forget this is a MMO, so it should fucking have some group content.
    I PuGGed it. Never really had much trouble with it, but I know lots who did have a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    I'm very disappointed. It REALLY blows having to do the same few dungeons leveling up in MoP, I cannot even imagine how old those four dungeons are going to get when it has to cover 10 levels.
    This. Even if we don't get the ridiculous amount we got in TBC, why can't we have at least more than one every two levels? That's part of the reason everyone got so sick of MOP heroics so fast. We did half of them to death while levelling.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't enough dungeons. Period. I'm not one of those cry-babies who will gripe about Blizzard ruining the game. I like pretty much every change they're making for WoD, but four 90-100 dungeons is simply not enough. Hell, even if all 8 were scaled down and available while leveling I'd still feel a little cheated. That's just not enough dungeons.

They repeatedly said that max level normal dungeons were a waste since people just skip them. Now for some reason 1/2 of the dungeons are max level normal dungeons. Leveling in MoP was boring after 1 or 2 runs WoD is looking to make us wish for MoP again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post

you will do those 10 levels in like 3 days, really it is a none issue and really you want 15 leveling up dungeons and than lack of endgame content at 100 thats what more lowbie dungeons means

I don't think dungeons are made to level through solely, so I don't get the issue. They are meant to be something different to do, supplement leveling, interact with the story, etc.

Is this really much different from prior sets of 10 levels? Like 20-30 how many dungeons are there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I don't think dungeons are made to level through solely, so I don't get the issue. They are meant to be something different to do, supplement leveling, interact with the story, etc.

Is this really much different from prior sets of 10 levels? Like 20-30 how many dungeons are there?
    Levels 20-30 goes by a lot faster than 90-100.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    you will do those 10 levels in like 3 days, really it is a none issue and really you want 15 leveling up dungeons and than lack of endgame content at 100 thats what more lowbie dungeons means
    remember there are still alts in play, and believe me i want more endgame content, but having normal mode dungeons as end game content didnt have any impact in any of the previous expansions, there are heroics and challenge modes for that matter, and I understand questing is the way to go for leveling, but why not have more diversity with more dungeons;

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They repeatedly said that max level normal dungeons were a waste since people just skip them. Now for some reason 1/2 of the dungeons are max level normal dungeons. Leveling in MoP was boring after 1 or 2 runs WoD is looking to make us wish for MoP again.

only way to make dungeons needed is to have a system where you must grind the 5mans to have gear for LFR and 5man heroics to have gear for 1st boss in raids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symby View Post
    remember there are still alts in play, and believe me i want more endgame content, but having normal mode dungeons as end game content didnt have any impact in any of the previous expansions, there are heroics and challenge modes for that matter, and I understand questing is the way to go for leveling, but why not have more diversity with more dungeons;

More than enough of them in Beta, i am in beta and we dont need more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    More than enough of them in Beta, i am in beta and we dont need more
    Afaik on beta all 8 dungeons are open while leveling, scaling you up/down depending on the dungeon...but thats a beta feature; So what is your point?