Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Offhand is normal hc garrosh, and regarding the gems, I still need my frost spec to be somewhat viable, so I'm going for the 13629 haste point (which for goblin is the 14242 point) which is fine, but I find myself forging out of haste to hit for example (I have bboy hc wf) so instead of setting the haste BP, I would gain 1600~ haste (15455) and lose 480 int, but since you said theres not much point going above 13163 I'll assume that means I'm better off sticking with the int.

Cheers.

Just got my third Mage to 90 (long story, but my other mages ended up deleted), and sticking with Arcane going to WoD.
    Quick question, and sorry if it has been answered, but is there a good Curse add-on to track Rune of Power more easily?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just use a weak aura for mine (shows when rune is up/time remaining/if I'm not stood in the rune) but I guess you could use http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/arcanometer ? Which is on the first page here I think.

Quick question: Heroic Spoils.... Nether Tempest of Living Bomb?

Cheers
    xo

NT spam all dayyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I just use a weak aura for mine (shows when rune is up/time remaining/if I'm not stood in the rune) but I guess you could use http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/arcanometer ? Which is on the first page here I think.
    Thank you! This will let me eliminate one row of NeedToKnow bars, lol

NT, but don't spam mindlessly, as you need to burn down "add emitters" (mogu bosses, burial urns) very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    NT, but don't spam mindlessly, as you need to burn down "add emitters" (mogu bosses, burial urns) very quickly
    Yeahhhhhhhh.

Kk thanks, I thought so but I wanted to make sure

Deleted
    Can any one let me know what mastery I should go to arcane as I feel like I have low mastery for my item level, Also what weapons should I be using ?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aijuu/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyBear View Post
    Can any one let me know what mastery I should go to arcane as I feel like I have low mastery for my item level, Also what weapons should I be using ?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aijuu/advanced
    You should go with as much mastery as you can get for Arcane. You are logged out as Frost, is that what you're currently geared/gemmed/enchanted for? AMR would have you pick up almost 6% more mastery by changing gems and an enchant to swap haste for mastery.

If you want advice about weapons you'll have to say what your options are. You have a heroic MH/OH so that combo will be better than a heroic staff (if all are upgraded equally), but if you have a heroic WF staff that will be better. For weapons first take the highest ilvl because of spellpower. If that's equal, a MH/OH will be better than a staff generally, and the heroic wand from spoils would be an upgrade over the sword you have, but unless its already upgraded 4/4 its not enough of an upgrade that I'd waste VP on it when you have other gear that you can upgrade instead.

Guys I am in a semi casual 25 man raiding guild and progressing on Garrosh HC now(yeah I know slow as hell). Read through quite a bit of stuff here but couldn't get to a few specific questions so going to ask them here to see if I am doing something wrong since my DPS swings like crazy also considering my gear I am getting trashed by shadow priests on garrosh dmg by 10 million odd. Will try to post some logs if I can find them from the last run of mine. Also a first time poster so forgive any mess made with linking and stuff please.

Character: EU-Turalyon Chronolord Guild: Revolution ( Doesnt let me post links since too new )

Basically the doubts are:

1. During normal gameplay as and when trinkets proc do you refresh mage bombs or not or is there like some specific threshold on affdots to refresh(x% power increase)?
    2. Alter time problems what procs to wait for and what priority to consider the PBoI/KTT/Meta procs as in which procs do you delay alter time for?
    3. Mage armor vs Frost armor still can't understand whats better some say 13.1k haste you use mage armor some say not so. Any light on this would be helpful.
    4. My reforging is based on what AMR told me not sure if I should put some custom weights in or something to modify that any help here to would help.

Will try to put logs up for a Garrosh fight so that my fails there can be trashed too so I finally improve

Deleted
    First on the Garosh dps problem - if u are doing the ping pong tactic with the weapons ask your raid leader to let you stay with the melles full time so u can just tunnel the boss and burn him properly. But really be in melle range of boss. 5 yards away and u might get the weapon on yourself. Second cheese some dps with glyphed CoC, puting dots on the weapons. You might even get extra AM proc.

On the altear time question - the only thing you have to care about is to have PBoI proc. The other procs should be up by that time. Thats for the opener. After that its up to you. If you have some addon or Weak aura shizzle you can try to time the proc with the AT, but i believe is waste of dps doing so. Only be careful to not waste the proc if there is a chence to get it while you are in AT.

On the armor question - 13 163 haste rating go for mage armor full time. Some say no because there is some rumor that its more optimal to go frost armor for single target. you can do the following for Garosh start 1st phase with mage armor so u can do proper dps on the adds with CoC and AE, assuming you convince your RL to let you stay in melle. You woll do sick dmg trust me. Then 3-4 seconds before the first transition switch to frost armor and stay like that till the end of the fight. If you cant - just stay mage armor. Its not big deal. Really. Especialy for this fight.

On the bomb refreshing question - this is kinda tricky question. Basicaly yeah you can refresh the bomb if u get a trinket proc or meta proc. If you have refreshed the dot with only 1 proc up and then 3-4 seconds later another proc comes up and you can stack it, you can wait 3-4 more seconds before you rerefresh the dot. I personaly dont hurry to refresh it asap. I cherish my globals

On the stats weight there is nothing specifical. Just put your mastery to have highest weight followed by haste till the 13163 haste break point and crit. As arcane mage you will want as much mastery as possible. Its simple as that. Having more than 13163 haste is not bad either, but i personaly dont see any benefit to have more.

Thanks for the advice mate

AMR default weights are good for arcane, but what I like to do on all my characters is set stamina to some non-zero number (like 0.1) so that it doesnt just throw int/hit gems into blue slots when you are already over the hit cap with no way to go any lower. Its not a dps increase but in that situation int/sta is technically better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbin View Post
    AMR default weights are good for arcane, but what I like to do on all my characters is set stamina to some non-zero number (like 0.1) so that it doesnt just throw int/hit gems into blue slots when you are already over the hit cap with no way to go any lower. Its not a dps increase but in that situation int/sta is technically better.
    With the secondaries that we have, there is no reason to use stam/mastery gems, the only case you would use those would be if you were so high on hit that you use all int/mastery gems, reforge out of all hit, and still have excess hit

Deleted
    And i forgot to mention about the haste - set it to be to 13 163 only after the reforging you get more haste than that number. Otherwise stick with mastery>haste>crit. If u have like 11-12k haste rating you can still keep mage armor full time or switch to mage armor for single target fights.
    Still i recommend a personal decision about that. As i said totally personal preferences - if you are ok with it u can keep the excess amount to get more AB casts overall during a fight, but i personally like to invest the excess amount into crit, because throwing those 1,000,000 crits around is fun view.

Deleted
    I´m fairly new to the mage class and have only been raiding for a few weeks after having been on a break since Wotlk. I think I´m doing alright so far, but
    I´m getting a little confused about the (possible) value of haste over mastery and if I need to reforge/gem in order to reach the 13163 haste value or not. I´m also wondering if I should be using Frost armor in order to get my haste up a bit or if I should just stick with Mage armor.

So far I´ve just followed the mastery > haste > crit guideline and used Mage armor all the time. But after changing the weight values on askmrrorbot it suggests that I change some reforges/gems to haste over mastery. Will I see a gain though?

I´m currently at 10708 haste and here is my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Lefebvre/simple

So the questions are: should I reforge/gem to get higher haste values and should I use Frost armor over Mage armor?

I tried using simcraft, reading guides etc., but I did not get much wiser=)

Deleted
    General rule about that 13 163 rating breakpoint i talk so much is to go for it if u can get it without geming/enchanting haste. Only with reforges.
    As arcane mage mastery rating will be always you best secondary stat.

Now about the armors - for single target go with frost armor and for multitarget (understand fights where there are atleast 2 targets in NT+ArBarr cleave range) go with mage armor. In your case i can only recommend you to follow that rule. There was recent advise here in this forum that the closer you are to that 13k haste break point the more you can forget about armor dancing and go all out mage armor for any fight.

Hi Hi Again,

Any tips for Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse 10Man? We are using the anti-missile strat. How are you guys handling those crawler mines? Slow? Glyphed CoC? AE? Ring of Frost?

Only have a few pulls on it but I''m feeling a bit useless.

Happy Tuesday!
    Cheers!
    xo
    Last edited by supervixen; 2014-08-20 at 01:46 AM. Reason: 10man