Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    This doesn't even look like that great of a platformer. Not to mention we as humans can't really comprehend the 4th dimension anyway.
    Not to mention when you enter the "fourth dimension", it changes your perspective to a point where you don't know where you are or where you're going. Kinda like playing a game blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    You know what this game reminded me of? Fez. Just saying.
    That's what I thought when they were explaining 2d to 3d. But after that, it just turns different.

Some of you are idiots. "It doesn't tell us what the fourth dimension is". What? A fourth dimension, that's just what it is. Another spatial degree of freedom. If you don't understand it, fine, but don't say it doesn't tell us what it is. It couldn't be any clearer.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2014-08-30 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

The 4th dimension is time OMG ITS AMAZING, zelda ocarina of time did that ages ago. Otherwise really fun looking game just 4 dimensions is some marketing hyperbole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the fourth dimension was what connects different 3rd dimensions so time. So he is jumping through different 3rd dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Some of you are idiots. "It doesn't tell us what the fourth dimension is". What? A fourth dimension, that's just what it is. Another spatial degree of freedom. If you don't understand it, fine, but don't say it doesn't tell us what it is. It couldn't be any clearer.
    Finally! Someone who can see the concept for the simplicity of what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    You know what this game reminded me of? Fez. Just saying.

Same in a way. Could you imagine if Phil Fish tried to make something like this and saw all the feedback asking what the 4th dimension is?

"Some of you are idiots" *Doesn't explain the 4th dimension*

Where does this said 4th dimension come from though? The 2nd-3rd explanation was very clear. It looks like he teleported to a desert, then back to the other side of a river to me. It didn't look ANYTHING like a "4th dimension", nor "going to a different side of the playing field".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Same in a way. Could you imagine if Phil Fish tried to make something like this and saw all the feedback asking what the 4th dimension is?

"Some of you are idiots" *Doesn't explain the 4th dimension*

Where does this said 4th dimension come from though? The 2nd-3rd explanation was very clear. It looks like he teleported to a desert, then back to the other side of a river to me. It didn't look ANYTHING like a "4th dimension", nor "going to a different side of the playing field".
    He jumped to a different point in time in which the wall wasn't there then he jumped to the other side. Then he traveled back to the point in time in which the wall is there again.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    He jumped to a different point in time in which the wall wasn't there then he jumped to the other side. Then he traveled back to the point in time in which the wall is there again.
    He (the video) never mentioned anything about time. He's strictly talking about using the 2D=>3D method in a 3D=>4D example.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So why did he say 4th dimension and not just time travel?

So what you're saying is it's a random thing that doesn't make sense that he made up, sounds legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    He (the video) never mentioned anything about time. He's strictly talking about using the 2D=>3D method in a 3D=>4D example.
    Time is the path which we cannot see. He mentioned that we can't see that path like a 2d can't see the 3d path.

Time is the path which we cannot see. He mentioned that we can't see that path.
    You can't see 3D in 2D either. Does that make 3D time as well?

Don't try to twist his words. If he was saying time is the 4th dimension, he would have said so.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't see 3D in 2D either. Does that make 3D time as well?

Don't try to twist his words. If he was saying time is the 4th dimension, he would have said so.
    3d is the path between 2d worlds.

3d is the path between 2d worlds.
    That doesn't explain the 4th dimension though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't explain the 4th dimension though.
    1d is a point.....2d is the path between points.......3d is the path between lines....4d is the path between 3d.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not using time as the 4th dimension, what the character is doing is more akin to teleporting in 2 separate steps using a middle ground to alter where he exits.

*edit* It's pretty much Nightcrawler from X-Men.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-08-30 at 03:55 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    He's not using time as the 4th dimension, what the character is doing is more akin to teleporting in 2 separate steps using a middle ground to alter where he exits.
    He walked through a path and ended up in a point where the wall is ruble. He then crossed the ruble. Then he walked through a path to the point where the rubble is a wall again.

The path is the 4th dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Just so you can grasp the concept; you don't actually need to dazzle your brain with trying to comprehend how this is supposedly going to look like.
    Unfortunately that is how my mind works. My mind will try to pan out on it's own and put together a concept on its own to understand the space and if I can't do that and figure out how I logically got to where I am I won't be captivated by the game.

In our world (or any world for that matter) Time is the 4th dimension. There is no other spacial dimension in our world which is why , though they try, they have failed at creating a 4th dimension by simply expanding the 3rd.

edit: to me saying - "you press a button and creat another dimension" is pretty dumb. That's just me though...

This is how I feel, too. While I get the 2D-3D concept and I'm not criticizing the game for what it is (because it's a neat concept in an era devoid of good concepts besides SHOOT EVERYTHING), I'm criticizing calling something 4D without actually telling us with the 4th dimension is.
    This isn't really a 4th dimension though, this is a different side to a 3rd dimension.
    1st dimension is a line (no width/height) [there's a good reason why no games are ever "1D" games]
    2nd dimension is a plane (up, down, left right)
    3rd dimension adds width/depth to said plane, and is the most common because, well, as humans on Earth, we live in said dimension.
    So... How does one add another dimension to this in the practical sense? You can justify it like the video tries to, but it doesn't really explain what the 4th dimension is because I don't think there really is one that we can perceive.
    It's more a PHILOSOPHICAL concept, but there is no logic flaw to call it moving in ONE fourth dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It's more a PHILOSOPHICAL concept, but there is no logic flaw to call it moving in ONE fourth dimension.
    So we have people saying it's a philosophical concept, others saying it's time, others saying it's teleportation, and others saying it's unexplained stuff inside 3D. Which is it?

Also it's funny that guy called people idiots in here when there isn't an actual consensus on what the 4th dimension is in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Unfortunately that is how my mind works. My mind will try to pan out on it's own and put together a concept on its own to understand the space and if I can't do that and figure out how I logically got to where I am I won't be captivated by the game.

In our world (or any world for that matter) Time is the 4th dimension. There is no other spacial dimension in our world which is why , though they try, they have failed at creating a 4th dimension by simply expanding the 3rd.
    Yeah I kind of envisioned it more like walking in place and everything around you ages or de-ages. Kind off like flipping the pages of a story back or forward.