Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are EU players forced to play with Russians?

Why is this? After all they are doing to the people of the Ukraine basically because they can't get there own way.

I think they should be stopped being able to play with us other EU players as I feel they are in the wrong and I do not want to be associated with these people till they start behaving themselves.

Russia players ≠ Russian leadership.

1. So, we should punish the people for the sins of the leader? Of whom's decisions they have no influence in?

2. "Punishing" Russia by removing their privileges to one single game will accomplish nill.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Russia players ≠ Russian leadership.

1. So, we should punish the people for the sins of the leader? Of who's decisions they have no influence in?

2. "Punishing" Russia by removing their privileges to one single game will accomplish nill.
    Russian people = ones who voted leadership into power.

Valyrian said it best, but to add onto it. Russia is part of Europe, therefore, they play on the Europe servers.

PIETIBL
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

i'll trade you the russians for the latin servers. deal?

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Russian people = ones who voted leadership into power.
    Russia isn't a democracy; it's still lead by the KGB. They've only mastered being able to disguise themselves.

Putin was elected because he and his associates have been able to manipulate the people's minds into believing in him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Valyrian said it best, but to add onto it. Russia is part of Europe, therefore, they play on the Europe servers.

PIETIBL
    There you go.

Why are North american players forced to play with Brazillians? I think we got it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Russia isn't a democracy; it's still lead by the KGB. They've only mastered being able to disguise themselves.

Putin was elected because he and his associates have been able to manipulate the people's minds into believing in him.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go.
    Yet here the Russians are, still supporting the government, clearly as you put it, too stupid to see any different.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Why are North american players forced to play with Brazillians? I think we got it worse.
    Not enough Latin servers and players.

Deleted
    Why is this? After all they are doing to the people of the Ukraine basically because they can't get there own way.

I think they should be stopped being able to play with us other EU players as I feel they are in the wrong and I do not want to be associated with these people till they start behaving themselves.
    And how exactly is Ukraine/Russia conflict related to WoW? Or should we start discriminating and separating Russian players just because they are a part of that country whose actions and political decisions they have no control or influence over? Please OP.

Plus,nobody is really forcing you to play with the Russians. There are still US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Orikon View Post
    And how exactly is Ukraine/Russia conflict related to WoW? Or should we start discriminating and separating Russian players just because they are a part of that country whose actions and political decisions they have no control or influence over? Please OP.

Plus,nobody is really forcing you to play with the Russians. There are still US servers.
    Why should I play US servers when I live in the UK?

These people have there own servers, I just don't want to see them in my bgs or my dungeons at all.

Because winning an election requires 100% of the vote amiright?

Besides, Putin isn't elected.

These people have there own servers, I just don't want to see them in my bgs or my dungeons at all.
    Well, if you hate Russians enough (which I can sympathize with), than you can play on US servers and never have to deal with EU players (including Russians) ever again.

Or you can just run the game with your friends and guildmates instead of spamming LFRs.

Geography, Russia is very close to (arguably partly in) Europe so it makes sense to cluster the servers together.

I wonder if any Europeans were complaining about having to play with the UK when we did far worse things in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Deleted

And that's totally your problem. The other 7 million WoW players don't seem to mind them,as they shouldn't.
    Not all Russians are like Putin,and not all Russians support Putin.

Well, if you hate Russians enough (which I can sympathize with), than you can play on US servers and never have to deal with EU players (including Russians) ever again.

Or you can just run the game with your friends and guildmates instead of spamming LFRs.
    Explain how I can avoid them in random bgs? Or arenas, or Rated bgs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Geography, Russia is very close to (arguably partly in) Europe so it makes sense to cluster the servers together.

I wonder if any Europeans were complaining about having to play with the UK when we did far worse things in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    That happened before Wow even come out

You can't. Only way to do it is to run with friends, though your enemies might be Russians too. I suppose you only hate Russians to the extend that you don't want to play with them in a random? Or do you just want to have no interactions with them at all in WoW? If that's the case, you will still meet them in BGs and arenas (as your opponents) even if you run exclusively with friends.

For god's sake you don't even have to communicate with them in most random group cases. Don't do Rated PvP with Russians? You get to choose who you play with in those situations. Do you complain to the owner of a business when you see a Russian tourist?

"Excuse me sir, those people have the nerve of being within my range of vision."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why am I forced to play with New Zealanders on American servers?

Damn Kiwis with their strange pronunciations and affinity for sheep

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Why am I forced to play with New Zealanders on American servers?

Damn Kiwis with their strange pronunciations and affinity for sheep
    Hey you kids play nice, don't make us come over there and recolonise you all.