Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is actually just a joke, was directed at all the Demon Hunter requests.

And no, FOR GODS SAKE, AT LEAST DON'T GIVE US WOW DEMON HUNTERS, THEY MAKE NO SENSE IN THOUSANDS!
    I mean, it's not the strangest call they've ever made (looking at blood elves joining up with the Horde and playing nice with the Forsaken back in BC and the draenei retcon). One could finagle it into plausibility in a full-on Legion invasion, much like they did death knights (who were similarly few and elite before the Ebon Hold questline established how they could be mass-produced and constrained in power to be in-line with other players).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That was MoP. It was never "just a DPS cooldown", because using it opened up new abilities including Leap, Immolation, and even a Taunt; as well as secondary effects with extra armour, reduced CC duration. It was central, integral to the spec long before they introduced Fury as a resource.
    it still ruined demo.
    Demonology should be the the warlocks version of BM hunters. it has its own pet. why the hell did they focus on meta?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    It'd be good, I've always been a fan of Demon Hunter. I have a good hunch though!

No worry if DH is really announced to be the new class then people will hardly care about Metamorphosis gettin moved to DH because people will flood to DH. DH has pretty crazy fanbase. I know some people who simply play Warlock because they can't play DH. There are lots of Illidan-wannabe out there lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    it still ruined demo.
    Demonology should be the the warlocks version of BM hunters. it has its own pet. why the hell did they focus on meta?
    What? Have two buttons that makes the pet attack, and a bunch of passives to make it hit harder? Because that's super pet-interaction isn't it. The UI can't handle it, so it needs to be based on player spells. It's just a function of the game.

I don't even know how you can say it ruined something you never had previous experience of.

new class = new slot on the same server i hope... i have all the 11 slot taken with the 11 class, hope they will not forget about that !

and for the one who said that make no sense to have demon hunters (with illidan death) if the next expansion is about full scale invasion of demon, i mean...demon hunter make 100% sense !
    Last edited by kaintk; 2015-08-01 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    new class = new slot on te same server i hope... i have all the 11 slot taken with the 11 class, hope they will not forget about that !
    Odds are it'll be easier to do going forward now that they've already got the tech for expanding character slots in place.

What? Have two buttons that makes the pet attack, and a bunch of passives to make it hit harder? Because that's super pet-interaction isn't it. The UI can't handle it, so it needs to be based on player spells. It's just a function of the game.

I don't even know how you can say it ruined something you never had previous experience of.
    meta is the root of all demo issues. it needs to be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    meta is the root of all demo issues. it needs to be removed.
    That is an entirely subjective opinion. The real issues are a result of the simple design decision of getting carried away with "Meta must change everything"; it doesn't need to, it can be streamlined, with Meta, just by cutting Chaos Wave and leaving HoG useable in both stances and not needing the silly stacking mechanic; take away the needless 'double resource' of MC+Fury and just pick one for Soul Fire to chew up and suddenly it's significantly easier with no substantive changes.

The even bigger issues lie with AoE and come from a combination of the implementation of Cataclysm this expansion, and the change to Mannoroth's Fury in 5.4 - and they have nothing to do with Meta.

That is actually just a joke, was directed at all the Demon Hunter requests.

And no, FOR GODS SAKE, AT LEAST DON'T GIVE US WOW DEMON HUNTERS, THEY MAKE NO SENSE IN THOUSANDS!
    You know, I see people say "they make no sense in thousands!" all the time for arguments like High Elves or Demon Hunters but the only way "thousands"makes sense is if all the servers are combined together. Each server, however, is its own world.

Right now, on Illidan, /who gives 8 Death Knights and 20 Druids as being online Alliance side... which seems low to me, but that's the information the game is giving me.

So yeah, "thousands" is a bit of an overstatement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    You know, I see people say "they make no sense in thousands!" all the time for arguments like High Elves or Demon Hunters but the only way "thousands"makes sense is if all the servers are combined together. Each server, however, is its own world.

Right now, on Illidan, /who gives 8 Death Knights and 20 Druids as being online Alliance side... which seems low to me, but that's the information the game is giving me.

Also, consider how many Worgen there are who supposedly stayed sane with the curse, and made it back to Darnassus. The answer can't be many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Not really, when DK's was released, there was a good thousand or more. Demon Hunters how ever, have the biggest fail rating in their teachings, one server would (for it to be more real) only have max 50.

For the DK's, I always seen them as scourge soldiers more, not the Lich King's champions due to the amount, just a stronger unit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That is an entirely subjective opinion. The real issues are a result of the simple design decision of getting carried away with "Meta must change everything"; it doesn't need to, it can be streamlined, with Meta, just by cutting Chaos Wave and leaving HoG useable in both stances and not needing the silly stacking mechanic; take away the needless 'double resource' of MC+Fury and just pick one for Soul Fire to chew up and suddenly it's significantly easier with no substantive changes.

The even bigger issues lie with AoE and come from a combination of the implementation of Cataclysm this expansion, and the change to Mannoroth's Fury in 5.4 - and they have nothing to do with Meta.
    meta is the problem. not going to be told other wise.
    demo needs better AoE

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, consider how many Worgen there are who supposedly stayed sane with the curse, and made it back to Darnassus. The answer can't be many.
    Never agreed with that either, specially not the DK Worgen, due to being immune to the undeath.

Apparently the potion you are given allows you to keep your humanity.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with you, that demo wasnt interactive on its own, but i still think metamorphosis ruined the spec later on. If you look at it now... its 3 buttons. thats all the spec really is now. Four if you want to include corruption/doom. Is it fun? yes. But, since wotlk, all they have been doing is running around in circles. "buff meta, buff the spells in meta, nerf everything outside of meta, meta... meta... meta." Tell me I am wrong... Just do it... make your dreams come true, and tell me I am wrong. BC and Vanilla was about passives... but they have changed over the course. I hardly doubt they would make demonology back to a 2 button spec, and simply buffing up demons. I think they learned past their mistakes. I think they realized the jerking circle they are in with Meta, and their inability to make new things happening without it becoming op or killing everything outside of meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never agreed with that either, specially not the DK Worgen, due to being immune to the undeath.
    Well exactly, population can't be used be used as an argument against the introduction of a class or race because of this.

Not really, when DK's was released, there was a good thousand or more. Demon Hunters how ever, have the biggest fail rating in their teachings, one server would (for it to be more real) only have max 50.

For the DK's, I always seen them as scourge soldiers more, not the Lich King's champions due to the amount, just a stronger unit.
    The DK starting zone specifically has the Lich King call you his chosen knight in the very first quest text. And later on you are called one of the few Death Knights to survive the assault on the Scarlet Enclave.

There aren't supposed to be a whole lot of Death Knights running around, either.

Yeah, there would be a spike in Demon Hunters at launch, because they'd be the new shiny, but it would settle down over time, just like every other class has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows? In his time in the Nether, Illidan could have refined his teachings and pared off the more dangerous aspects (like scooping one's eyes out and replacing them with fel embers) for the sake of getting an elite force ready to take on the Legion. DKs, as I'll note below, have already set a reasonable precedent for mass-produced but weaker versions of the mighty hero units we're used to now. Keep in mind paladins used to be an elite order of whom few were able to obtain the Light's blessing to proceed and one needs to show natural potential to be a druid.

Well, DKs are the Lich King's champions, but he mass-produced the death knights of Acherus because he needed an elite fighting force fast, since he and the Argent Dawn were rapidly approaching their endgame and he needed troops that could survive long enough to distract Tirion and the Brotherhood of the Light. The same principle could be applied to demon hunters--we aren't going to be on the same level as, say, Illidan because he had to cut corners to get as many potential recruits fit for duty as he could. The Legion forces his hand, so he doesn't have the luxury of sifting through hundreds of recruits to find twenty who can become full-fledged demon hunters like him.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't be raised by val'kyr, but the Lich King was apparently powerful enough to raise them anyway.

It was a temporary fix, as noted in the worgen starting quests. You had to fetch the Scythe of Elune and undergo a ritual to permanently regain your mind and the ability to switch between forms.

strong necromancers can over ride said immunity.

anyway at the time Sylvanas's pet angel things could only rez humans. people become worgen make them not human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I agree with you, that demo wasnt interactive on its own, but i still think metamorphosis ruined the spec later on. If you look at it now... its 3 buttons. thats all the spec really is now. Four if you want to include corruption/doom. Is it fun? yes. But, since wotlk, all they have been doing is running around in circles. "buff meta, buff the spells in meta, nerf everything outside of meta, meta... meta... meta." Tell me I am wrong... Just do it... make your dreams come true, and tell me I am wrong. BC and Vanilla was about passives... but they have changed over the course. I hardly doubt they would make demonology back to a 2 button spec, and simply buffing up demons. I think they learned past their mistakes. I think they realized the jerking circle they are in with Meta, and their inability to make new things happening without it becoming op or killing everything outside of meta.
    That's a function of the Mastery, I said a long time ago it was bad because gear just widened that gap between Meta and Caster spells; and yes it does annoy me when every answer to buffing the spec means buffing that Mastery and widening that gap further.