Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    he's the lead guy, he could step in and correct the developers.

i kinda like him though, i'm not sure whether to really like him or not cause he could just be a good corporate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he's the lead guy, he could step in and correct the developers.
    If he was going to correct them he'd have to have a plan that they were willing to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Why don't you get a life outside of this forum ?
    Why don't all the hate threads on Blizzard ?
    Why are you still not banned ?
    Why are you so dumb ?
    dont forget all the stupid hearthstone threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    If he was going to correct them he'd have to have a plan that they were willing to follow.
    they're his employees, they can't not do what he wants. if they directly disobey orders he could just fire them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're his employees, they can't not do what he wants. if they directly disobey orders he could just fire them.
    They're Blizzard employees, they can find jobs pretty much anywhere instantly. It's like a boss at Google telling one of his employees what to do. It's a suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Isn't he the boss of Blizzard, why does it always come down either to Activision or some lead developer dev, when it comes to hate?
    Doesn't Mike Morheime decide what he wants in the games and not?

Or how do i need to see his position?
    because blizz downhill literally started after merge with activision + satan bigger more evil brother (activision) has the unique history of almost destroy entire video game industry alone, so its really hard to not count 1+1
    blizzard 'fall' started after merge with activision, activision has a very horrible history in video game industry, bobby kodick (wrote name wrong on purpose) the current ceo - the 'defacto' leader - of both blizzard and activision is well known for hating video games with many anti video game quotes u can find them extremely easy by just google his name (u don't even need to make big search, just google his name is enough, also why the F8CK someone who hates video games that passion work in that field in first place...)
    Mike might been the big head, but now surely not, activision has the last call in anything blizz decide, and anyone who 'think' otherwise never worked in system like that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He decides the direction of the company, not necessarily the future of a game's development. So no, he doesn't issue a decree that there shall be no flight.
    It's up to the directors, producers, designers, engineers and QA to keep the ship running. The CEO tells his VPs and the like what to do, and has a big (most) say in where that ship goes.
    I guess I'm still waking up. But basically, Morhaime is the reason Blizzard is growing its IPs (HOTS, Overwatch, Hearthstone) and continuing that whole "bringing in the casual audience" kind of theme we see in their games.

This guy is on a role with his threads tonight.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Isn't he the boss of Blizzard, why does it always come down either to Activision or some lead developer dev, when it comes to hate?

Yeah, I thought about this, too. If it's not activision dictating those decisions, it must be Morhaime. But I guess he's not so much out in the open, some people probably don't even know him.

Deleted
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    because blizz downhill literally started after merge with activision + satan bigger more evil brother (activision) has the unique history of almost destroy entire video game industry alone, so its really hard to not count 1+1
    blizzard 'fall' started after merge with activision, activision has a very horrible history in video game industry, bobby kodick (wrote name wrong on purpose) the current ceo - the 'defacto' leader - of both blizzard and activision is well known for hating video games with many anti video game quotes u can find them extremely easy by just google his name (u don't even need to make big search, just google his name is enough, also why the F8CK someone who hates video games that passion work in that field in first place...)
    Mike might been the big head, but now surely not, activision has the last call in anything blizz decide, and anyone who 'think' otherwise never worked in system like that
    Take off the tin foil hat man. Activision Blizzard brought you WotLK. Regarded as the best expansion and was the peak of WoW subs. Activision has no say or control over Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Morhaime put Jay Wilson on D3 lead position for no good reason. He put David Kim and Dustin Browder onto SC2 for no good reason (Rob Pardo made a good groundwork, and they runined it). He also put Pardo and Kaplan away from WoW and towards Titan, which was a terrible decision because they were the masterminds behind WoW and the gamble with Titan didn't pay off. Meanwhile he let Tom Chilton be the main man behind WoW which was another bad decision (as you can see by the subscriber drop right around when he took over). He put Pardo on Hearthstone, which was a good decision, as you can see with the game being another huge success with Pardo as the lead designer, but he also fucked up and let Pardo leave the studio for no good reason.

There are more good devs that left the studio and weird decisions where bad devs made it to the top. Holinka for example. Morhaime definitely deserves blame. WoW could have been much better with better management, and other projects could have been much better as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    As far up as the blame for whatever's wrong with WoW goes, is Tom Chilton.
    This is the truth, he's the major reason why things are in such a dire state. He should be axed to save the game.

Naive WoW players do not even blame Blizzard (the actual company which develops the game), they blame Activision. What makes you think they would blame someone in Blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Take off the tin foil hat man. Activision Blizzard brought you WotLK. Regarded as the best expansion and was the peak of WoW subs. Activision has no say or control over Blizzard.
    WotlK was developed without the Activision influence. The deal only happened at the end of the development, so not much influence was possible. Cataclysm is the first real expansion fully made under the Blizzard-Activision influence.

Elite Tauren Chieften needs a new bassist?

Deleted

He's just the CEO of blizzard he has nothing to do with wow's design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeilMetzen View Post
    He's just the CEO of blizzard he has nothing to do with wow's design.
    Can't the CEO say, Hey WoW team, what are you guys doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    WotlK was developed without the Activision influence. The deal only happened at the end of the development, so not much influence was possible. Cataclysm is the first real expansion fully made under the Blizzard-Activision influence.
    Merger was final in April 2008 - LK launched Nov 2008. They had no influence then or now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Can't the CEO say, Hey WoW team, what are you guys doing?
    The CEO only cares about money, that's his job and wow is still very profitable even with 5 million subs, so in his eyes wow is a very good game.