Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    The same for me, of the 6 matches I could play today I lost 5.
    Only lost 5? My friend, you haven't had my bad luck of losing 13 out of 18 matches since the patch. Yeah, that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Only lost 5? My friend, you haven't had my bad luck of losing 13 out of 18 matches since the patch. Yeah, that bad.
    Well, I am used to having one loss per five or six games now. I even had a 11 game win streak.

After the fifth loss I simply lost all the faith of having good matches this week and play only A.I games to complete dailies. Too many players playing now, which means a lot of AFKers and returning players who are out of touch with the game. Matchmaking is horrible now, for some reason I was in a team with around 200 games played and played against a whole team of with over 400 games played (I think I have around 500 myself).

Words fail me.

This one was pretty funny, although maybe I think that because my team won...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think this is one of the worst matchmaking in games I have seen in a long time, I am constantly going with teams that, even though have 600-1000 games are just so bad.. I don't even understand it, they dont even do the basics..

Any time I queue as a non-support, I get no supports. When I do queue as a support, I get double support double warrior games. Versus four of the highest DPS heroes in the game.

The matchmaking in this game needs to be fixed. It's not fun. It seriously makes me want to stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranked games are no different from Quick Match.

The only difference between is that you get to see the bad players pick characters. Otherwise, it still remains a mostly
    you either steamroll win, or YOU get steamrolled.

In my experience, I've never been able to leave past Rank 30, and usually hover between 31-34. I am permanently stuck
    in these ranks. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The matchmaking in this game needs to be fixed. It's not fun. It seriously makes me want to stop playing.
    It's certainly the major reason I personally don't play anymore. I started feeling like I wasn't actually playing the game, but that the game was playing me. Was definitely fun while it lasted, but it didn't last long, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It's certainly the major reason I personally don't play anymore. I started feeling like I wasn't actually playing the game, but that the game was playing me. Was definitely fun while it lasted, but it didn't last long, heh.
    It shits me because I really like this game and want to play it more without feeling like I'm getting buttfucked because the matchmaking made yet another dysfunctional unbalanced group.

Also beyond the stupid comps it makes, it often puts a team of obvious pros against complete pug stompbait. I realise that's a harder problem to address.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why we just don't have a draft pick at the start of each game, with both teams able to choose the same heroes as the other team.

Fuck you too matchmaking.

At least these guys were fun to talk to as our turds were firmly impacted by the enemy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a month of complaining about MMR I realized one thing.

I usually complained a lot about a vicious cycle of winning streaks followed by losing streaks. The thing I noticed is, I actually do play with individually good players, but when I lost a game it was because of one or two bad decisions or because of bad team cooperation. The first reason isn't as frustrating as the second. Losing because of bad team cooperation gives you this false idea of being better than you actually are. Sure you might be skilled with multiple heroes, but team cooperation is a completely different skill to have. After few games I noticed we were behind because of several people having different opinion on how to play the game. When part of a team tries to focus on an objective and the other part of a team on team fights, they will never be all at the same place to achieve any of those two goals.

I had a Blackheart Bay battle where me on Johanna, Rexxar and Kharazim were playing more aggressively and Rehgar trying to soak exp and collect coins, oh and Nova was doing her own thing. First 10 minutes it wasn't going well, Rehgar was saying something about everyone being useless and how we doesn't care about QM, but then the rest of a team adjusted the tactic to accomodate his and we won. Sometimes you have stubborn people you need to adjust to if you want to get a winning shot. However as discussed in a different topic, having a team mates with a chat turned off is most likely going to result in a loss. You have a preparation window where you can discuss how to approach the game and avoid a potential toxic behaviour of frustrated players. The higher you are in a MMR the more important the communication is.

- - -

I have one question about MMR though, does it take into consideration a overall hero level? I mean having multiple heroes at level 10, compared to having one at 20, means you have a better understanding of a game in general. No? Not saying it is guaranteed skill, but from playing something you can get better insight how to counter certain hero than from learning some theory.

I usually complained a lot about a vicious cycle of winning streaks followed by losing streaks. The thing I noticed is, I actually do play with individually good players, but when I lost a game it was because of one or two bad decisions or because of bad team cooperation. The first reason isn't as frustrating as the second. Losing because of bad team cooperation gives you this false idea of being better than you actually are. Sure you might be skilled with multiple heroes, but team cooperation is a completely different skill to have. After few games I noticed we were behind because of several people having different opinion on how to play the game. When part of a team tries to focus on an objective and the other part of a team on team fights, they will never be all at the same place to achieve any of those two goals.

I had a Blackheart Bay battle where me on Johanna, Rexxar and Kharazim were playing more aggressively and Rehgar trying to soak exp and collect coins, oh and Nova was doing her own thing. First 10 minutes it wasn't going well, Rehgar was saying something about everyone being useless and how we doesn't care about QM, but then the rest of a team adjusted the tactic to accomodate his and we won. Sometimes you have stubborn people you need to adjust to if you want to get a winning shot. However as discussed in a different topic, having a team mates with a chat turned off is most likely going to result in a loss. You have a preparation window where you can discuss how to approach the game and avoid a potential toxic behaviour of frustrated players. The higher you are in a MMR the more important the communication is.

- - -

I have one question about MMR though, does it take into consideration a overall hero level? I mean having multiple heroes at level 10, compared to having one at 20, means you have a better understanding of a game in general. No? Not saying it is guaranteed skill, but from playing something you can get better insight how to counter certain hero than from learning some theory.
    Good on you, I wish more people would come to that conclusion! If you lose, always look at what you could have done better as an individual, instead most people point fingers at their teammates. :/

As for your question, MMR doesn't take player/hero level in to account. I do think they made some rule to prevent more experienced players to get matched with completly (as in, like, <50 games) new players though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the mming is getting a little better. Finally I don't seem to be placed with that many placement matches people.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

<snip>
    This is true of plenty of multiplayer PvP games, I first noticed it playing WoW in random BGs tbh. It applies heavily in Heroes I agree, often it's a case of "whichever team had the less stubborn players" that wins because they will be the first to start to co-operate, despite both being of roughly equal skill or composition. Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Triple support vs 1 support.

I really think the MM needs to go beyond "IF team A support>0 then team B support>0". Make team A support = team B support.

I would strongly prefer if the same were true for number of warriors.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

Theeeeeeee.

Fuuuuuuuuuck?

That is something I have not seen before. O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you guys actually win with 4 supports? And did any supports build for damage? It looks like you on Malf and Tassadar both did pretty solid damage. That said, they had a damn good Morales it seems. Only one death and 133k healing is impressive. Well, you don't have a lot of burst damage outside of Raynor and no diving heroes, so there is only so much you could do.

Geez, I always forget to just quit the game on weekends. Played several QM games today, lost most of them, the best part is that enemy team had like ranks1 every single time (I'm still in placement games) and parties of 3-4 people on the other team (and sometimes on mine). Is my MMR that high or what?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

I keep having a string of losses, 7-8 losses in a row, then a win, then another string of losses, once going as high as thirteen losses in a row.

The last four games I had I was playing Murky, and I kept getting paired with an Abathur.

Yes. I know the combo can be good. Yes, I know any comp can 'win'.

But not when the other three were a Diablo/Morales/Nova against a two tank/two assassin/one support HL meta team. We had no damage to kill the support or the Assassin, let alone the warriors.

Not when the team is uncoordinated as all hell. And the most excruciating of it all is, we could have won those games IF we had a somewhat balanced composition. Yes Blizzard, composition fucking matters.

I have a tinfoil hat on and seriously wondering if I'm in some sort of punishment queue for something I may have done months ago and never got the email. This is excruciating.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2015-10-12 at 06:38 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"